• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Paul Posluszny, in defense of his pass coverage ability

Wow...

Last week, Chris Brown lobbed us a softball, stating that Chris Kelsay had eye surgery... This week's softball moment comes from former Bills linebacker, Paul Posluszny...

"Last year, yeah, I struggled with a new scheme, new coaches and it showed at times. The Buffalo media took off with that. Especially, we were horrible, we were a bad team, we're losing, playing bad on defense and then it's, "He can't tackle, Paul can't cover," you know what I mean? Which I understand is part of the deal. New system, new environment and I am much more comfortable with what we're doing here compared to what I had to do last year."
    Swing Away!

-Bill
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Paul Posluszny, in defense of his pass coverage ability

I'm glad he's more comfortable in not being able to cover a back out of the backfield now.

Or does he forget what Fred Jackson did to him?

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
      • Feb 2009

Watching him play makes me wonder how any Jax fan really loves the deal they gave him. 42 million, are you kidding me.

Comment

• lmcshadow
        • Nov 2007

Ha ha. You guys slay me...
        The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I'm glad he bailed on us. don't want anyone who has no confidence in himself and the system he's playing in. Kyle williams didn't need an excuse to succeed in the transition to the 3-4
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-30-2011, 06:41 PM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
            • Aug 2008

He didn't really bail. He did what every pro athlete does and follows the money. I saw no need to boo him. With our slew of bum first and second round draft picks recently, at least this one stepped on the field for us.

Do I think we're better now without him? Yes, I like Barnett, Morrison, Davis and Sheppard. But still, just let it go, why do we need to hate the man?
            Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
              • Jan 2010

can we move on, we are better off now who cares about poz, jags will regret that monstrous deal

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

wasnt bad coverage on jackson, more like a great route and perfect throw. not great coverage but better than we usually saw out of him

but yeah im not gonna hate on the guy for going to a system he liked and a ton of money
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Look. I never hated the guy..but he was a step slow to any hole, wouldn't take on anyone at the LOS and couldn't cover. Very limited.

Talking about him as some sort of elite LB was laughable, almost as laughable as the Jags insane $45 Mil + offer to him.

Anyone with eyes this Sat. could see Barnett attacks the hole, can cover and allows Carrington to put his hand in the ground as a DE ( sliding Dareus inside for a 4-3 look ). That gives us a better Run D and more pressure on the QB . Win/win.

No one blames him for taking the $$. But quit making excuse for your obvious shortcomings.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Wow... a guy admitting he struggled learning a new system, and a guy that had surgery on his eye. I wonder what they could possibly do for an encore? Maybe Maybin's cat will die, or Whitner will get in a serious car accident.

I know it is fashionable to hate and pile on guys that have more athletic ability in their toenails that most of us combined, but there are a lot of guys that think skinny jeans are fashionable...
                    Last edited by Beebe's Kid; 08-30-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• zone
                      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                      • Oct 2003

I will take Barnett over Poz any day, how he comes cheaper is a miracle.
                      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

I'm glad to see he admitted himself that he sucked.

Comment

• bills4ver
                          • Sep 2008

I was on the edge with POZ, I am so glad he is gone tho.

Seeing him on the other team now u can see how terrible he is with the run and pass.

I mean the Jag announcers (I live in Florida) were like POZ is a tackling machine he is going to make it impossible to run up the middle this year! The RB's will have to go outside with POZ.

I was like wtf did they see buffalo's run defense last year? The guy makes tons of tackles 5+ yards down the field and god forbid he has to cover a TE or RB lol

He has NO vision he's not a play maker he just stops the long runs and that's it.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

I had high hopes for Poz when he was drafted. But he got injured frequently and never made many big plays, either in the 4-3 or 3-4. When I heard the Bills were trying to re-sign him, I thought "let him go!" Then when Jax made that ridiculously huge offer, and I couldn't blame him for leaving, and was glad he did. Nothing personal, he's just not a very good football player. He's average.

If only the Bills had sat tight and drafted David Harris!

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

Short term memories. A few weeks back, most of all posters wanted POZ back. There were multiple threads about his skills, how he is a top LB, how MD will greatly improve him, how nothing was his fault and it was the system, the lack of talent around him, etc....
                              ......Now the Very same people are Hating on Him?
                              Do I think we're better now without him? Yes, I like Barnett, Morrison, Davis and Sheppard. But still, just let it go, why do we need to hate the man?
                              Why do they hate on him? Because they feel rejected. Poz rejected the offer the Bills gave him, he rejected playing for the team, the city, the money. He rejected it all. And for some fans, this rejection is too much to handle. That is how they go from loving him to hating him is seconds.

Thats just like being dumped by your GF, it becomes a love hate relationship. For those of you, hope POZ didn't break your heart,and don't worry you will once again fall in love with some of the other Bills players
                              Last edited by Mike; 08-30-2011, 09:35 PM.
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X