X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Ubbik This Thursday

I know Chan is not dumb to leave him one-on-one against Suh. Wood will probably joining hands with urbik on every play. If I remember correctly, however, Wood did have some success one-on-one aginst Suh last year, preseason and regular season.

In a way I kind of wish they challenge Urbik, let fim face Suh one-on-one (I know the big picture is not having Suh cause Fitz to be injured) to see where he's at. The word from Pittsburgh is that he's soft and lacking dynamic power (meaning his strength on the run is much lower than when he's set in stationary position).

Let's see what he got.
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: Ubbik This Thursday

He is a massive man at 6 5 325 pounds so I think he could do a good job

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Another guy to watch is Cliff Avril. He has developed into one of the best young DE in the game and nobody realizes it yet. He is going to be a great player, and will be lining up at LDE.

Of course, the starters aren't going to be playing very long.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
        • Jan 2010

Plus him practicing against dareus in TC helped

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

It's good experience for Urbik.,.... Detroit has Suh and Fairley there going to be a team to watch this year

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I doubt any of the starters will even play this game.

Comment

• methos4ever
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
              http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...icle539934.ece

I know Chan is not dumb to leave him one-on-one against Suh. Wood will probably joining hands with urbik on every play. If I remember correctly, however, Wood did have some success one-on-one aginst Suh last year, preseason and regular season.

In a way I kind of wish they challenge Urbik, let fim face Suh one-on-one (I know the big picture is not having Suh cause Fitz to be injured) to see where he's at. The word from Pittsburgh is that he's soft and lacking dynamic power (meaning his strength on the run is much lower than when he's set in stationary position).

Let's see what he got.
              Most of the time, since Suh'd line up in 3 tech Wood won't have time to help - he'd most likely handle the 1 with Levitre. Ross Tucker put up an article a while ago about that very fact - how he felt the right guard was the hardest position on the interior. So if Urbik can hold up, that'd be great to see..
              Last edited by methos4ever; 08-31-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
                It's good experience for Urbik.,.... Detroit has Suh and Fairley there going to be a team to watch this year
                Fairley's injured - currently has his foot in a boot. I'm guessing he won't be playing tomorrow.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Urbik may be lacking in talent, but he has one of the few things Gailey and Nix seem to value in the trenches - size. I'm betting that's a reason Rinehart significantly challenged Levitre earlier in TC - size. They worked hard at getting bigger on the defensive front, and while most of these OL are waiver wire pickups, they've worked on it with the OL also. I have to believe it's something they'll continue to work on this coming offseason with regards to the OL.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
                    Fairley's injured - currently has his foot in a boot. I'm guessing he won't be playing tomorrow.
                    yeah I remember reading that now.... BUT none the less when he comes back Detroits DL will have some serious beef

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

My favorite Urbik play last week was watching Urbik get knocked backwards by DE when pulling on a trap play. It was right up there with getting knocked backwards by Urlacher at the 2nd level, or a Denver LB.

In his case, big don't spell bad. There's a reason Pittsburgh cut him so early.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Hopefully Fitz doesn't get killed.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cookie G
                          My favorite Urbik play last week was watching Urbik get knocked backwards by DE when pulling on a trap play. It was right up there with getting knocked backwards by Urlacher at the 2nd level, or a Denver LB.

In his case, big don't spell bad. There's a reason Pittsburgh cut him so early.

Yes at least you admit your favorite plays are the ones that support the Bills are horrible mentality.. Gotta respect that

Couldn't find anything good to say from the starting OL performance against Jax? or urbik.. just that one favorite play

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

I was curious about why Urbik got cut in Pittsburgh. Thanks GHZ. I wonder if Buffalo has been able to coach some physicality into Urbik. I'm looking forward to learning what he can do versus Suh.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              Yes at least you admit your favorite plays are the ones that support the Bills are horrible mentality.. Gotta respect that

Couldn't find anything good to say from the starting OL performance against Jax? or urbik.. just that one favorite play
                              You're right.

I should have talked about how big he is, how much more stout we are and how awesome it is that we were able to sustain pass blocks for more than 1.5 seconds against the reserves of one of the NFL's worst pass rushing teams.

There was a time when this team actually had standards for their offensive line.

Comment

Working...
                              X