X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Which player will make the biggest impact this year

Last year it is Stevie Johnson (and thank God they didn't go out to get someone like TO to block his path again).

Roscoe was on course to his best professional season until he got hurt, so he's an obvious candidate. Donald Jones started a couple of games last year, but I just don't see anything near what I saw Stevie the first couple times.

Marcus Easley had one good pre-season game. But the guy has shown he can walk a steep learning curve in college and i'd count him out to do the same, particularly since he did spend a year in NFL, even though on IR. As i said before, he has #1 talent and if he pans out, he'll have a bigger impact than Stevie's last year.

My ultimate candidate is, however, Spiller. Unlike last year's preseason where the guy made headlines using his old trick from his college career. This preseason, he seems to really put his head down learning the craft of running inside the tackles. I don't know him, and I don't know anybody who knows him. I only have the preseason games to watch. But I sense he's getting close to the point of breaking out. We know he's healthy, and the talent of taking it to the house from anywhere. If he keeps at his pace of progress of running inside, the defense will need to game-plan for him.
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Which player will make the biggest impact this year

Ya spiller didn't wow this preseason

which i like as well, he doesnt need to score on every play.

he needs to block, cause mismatches to the D and when he gets the ball get positive yards the rest will come

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

I think the biggest impact player on the team this year already is Merriman, and he hasnt even played a regular season snap yet... it appears he has changed the attitude and coheasiveness of the locker room (not that i know anyone with inside info, just observations of social media
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Spiller. If he can do what Fred does when he is in rotation, teams will have to pick their poison.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mski
          I think the biggest impact player on the team this year already is Merriman, and he hasnt even played a regular season snap yet... it appears he has changed the attitude and coheasiveness of the locker room (not that i know anyone with inside info, just observations of social media
          just saw that the sub title was for offense. i think the jury's still out on alot of these guys. I think Johnson is a known comidity around the league now, and wont be "cathcing teams off guard" like some have suggested he did last year. Its unknown if Easly can stay healthy enough to stay on the field, he's had 1 good, and 2 bad games this preseason. therefore i think Spiller is the biggest x-factor
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Corey McIntyre
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Stevie Johnson could still make the biggest impact to this team - if he gets hurt.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Wang - when he proves he is a franchise LT.

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla *****
                  • Jul 2002

Merriman and Barnett on D, S. Johnson and Freddy Jax on O.
                  Hopefully Fitzmagic puts up crazy numbers this season.

Comment

• B-DON
                    hi
                    • Mar 2004

I have a really good feeling about Roscoe. If he can stay healthy I can see our offense being around middle of the road.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Scott Chandler. He's going to block adequately enough to help spring Freddie and CJ in the run game, and catch enough balls to help open things up for the Fitz and the receivers.

Going to go down as a seriously brilliant move by Nix to snag him.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        Stevie Johnson could still make the biggest impact to this team - if he gets hurt.
                        Funny that you broached the topic of negative impact. We are not talking about injury here.

The recent alarming development of Bell changed my mind on it.

I'd bet most people, including the coaching staff, thought our LT is an OK position. The fact Bell performed reasonably well and played all 16 games is arguably a big surprise and positive news for all. People are expecting him to take the next step and realizing his potential - this guy is drafted on raw physical ability and high ceiling.

But I guess Bell has different ideas. I think Paul Hamilton said it best once in WGR - Bell probably went home last winter and said to himself "I made it." The lockout probably made the situation worse as there is no coaches whipped him every once in a while nor he got some badly needed technique work for his situation.

This is a position that the Bills truely has no adequate backup. If he tanks completely like he did in the Bears game this season, the Bills' offense are in a lot of trouble.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Gotta be Dareus. He gives us a presence we havent had in a long time. Hes going to open up our LBs and hes already proven he can get through the double team at an NFL level. IMO hes already the best player on this team

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

oops. just noticed the "offense" subtitle...In that case Spiller. I know this kid has something special and Im not close to giving up yet. The line has to be able to let this kid get to the 2nd level and he'll break a few
                            Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 08-31-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Offensively? Fred Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                              X