X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Alex Carrington learning linebacker role with Buffalo Bills

"They didn't tell me anything about it beforehand, they just told me I was going to move to 'backer the next day and I had to roll with it," said Carrington, a third-round draft pick in 2010 out of Arkansas State who the Bills believe can make a real impact this season in sub packages.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • cpearl
    • Mar 2005

Re: Alex Carrington learning linebacker role with Buffalo Bills

I like the fact that the coaching staff is trying to put him at a position to contribute, but I still think he is a DE in the NFL.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

I like what I have seen of Carrington at LB.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

I think it's basically Kelsay's DE/OLB spot, which isn't really a coverage OLB. Dude will be rushing the QB.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

He was almost exclusively on all fours on Saturday. He's not a LB, at least not in the traditional sense. In the same way, the Bills are not 3-4.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
            I think it's basically Kelsay's DE/OLB spot, which isn't really a coverage OLB. Dude will be rushing the QB.
            I think it's a way to get him on the field with Dareus, Williams, and Edwards being the DL starters. At that point, put him in for Kelsay in a rushing down.

Dareus, Williams, Edwards, Merriman, Barnett, Davis/Moats/Morrison, Carrington is actually a decent looking front 7.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
              He was almost exclusively on all fours on Saturday. He's not a LB, at least not in the traditional sense. In the same way, the Bills are not 3-4.
              I was crushed for posting this during the off-season. And yet, here's the 4-3 most snaps. Just like most plays during the 2nd half of 2010.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Buddo
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
                I was crushed for posting this during the off-season. And yet, here's the 4-3 most snaps. Just like most plays during the 2nd half of 2010.
                It's as much a personnel issue as anything else though, even now.
                We have just one true OLB in Merriman, so that kind of dictates things, unless Batten or someone else, really steps up.
                Using Carrington the way they are, seems to me to be all about stopping the run, but his athleticism, will still give him an occasional shot at the QB.
                I think it's interesting, and it could prove to be tough to handle for the opposition.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I don't like the big guys on the outside at the second level. If he continues to play with his hand on the ground like he did against Jax, that's one thing, but he really shouldn't be standing up in space too often at the snap. Maybe popping up and dropping back into a short zone on some blitz packages...
                  Last edited by YardRat; 09-01-2011, 06:14 AM.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                  X