• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Bills Parrish Talking Extension

JaySkurski
    As Mark Gaughan (@gggaughan, who should have WAY more followers than he does) reported, #Bills talking contract ext. with WR Roscoe Parrish

http://twitter.com/#!/JaySkurski/status/109133705561374720

Thoughts?
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Bills Parrish Talking Extension

Typical Bills. Dump Evans, extend Parrish. Is there any question on how we're 0 for 11 in playoff appearances since 1999?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Baffling.

He's already making 3.3 Mil, is hurt constantly and he's a higher priority than Fred Jackson or Steve Johnson ? I don't hate the guy but when I think of our Offense, I think of Johnson, Easley & Nelson at WR.

If he's our primary punt returner and is earmarked for 60 + catches, I could understand it I suppose but this front office is warped.

The Parrishes & Kelsays or the world are beloved, while some core guys are ignored.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

Prob a long term deal same amt of $$??
        hey we can keep are young talent we have the $$$ so why not keep it in house..
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

I guess what is "baffling" is the "logic" that if the team is talking to Parrish about an extension; they are not talking to Freddie/Stevie. They are capable of discussing extensions with multiple players at one time, and believe it or not...they don't give a **** if you know about it or not.

To react with no details is ridiculous, but that was why the thread was started. What sense would it make to want to know the facts of negotiations/contract etc, before reacting? Form a strong opinion, dig in, double down, then learn what is going on.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            • May 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690
            Prob a long term deal same amt of $$??
            hey we can keep are young talent we have the $$$ so why not keep it in house..
            Lee was only 30, and a far better receiver. Roscoe is 29 and brittle. It makes no sense.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

The good: we have plenty of cap space, and Parrish looked pretty good in Gailey's O before getting hurt last year.

The bad: Parrish's miniscule frame can't seem to handle the rigors of an NFL season. Also, I've always been critical of the fact that he doesn't keep his head in the game. He never seemed to learn the fact that he can't double back to get an angle on returns like he did in college.

I just don't understand this FO. Is there a youth movement, or not? Why keep Parrish but not Evans? All the same arguments used to defend trading Evans are also valid for dumping Parrish.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                • Jan 2010

I'm fine with it if they add years at same price or only slight raise

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Lee was only 30, and a far better receiver. Roscoe is 29 and brittle. It makes no sense.
                  Lee didn't fit into their WR mold. Roscoe is a slot receiver that isn't afraid to go over the middle. True that he is brittle but he fits what they want to do. Evans never made catches over the middle, Gailey then states during training camp that Evans needs to focus on that, then he gets traded. Makes perfect sense actually.
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• El Guapo
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    The good: we have plenty of cap space, and Parrish looked pretty good in Gailey's O before getting hurt last year.

The bad: Parrish's miniscule frame can't seem to handle the rigors of an NFL season. Also, I've always been critical of the fact that he doesn't keep his head in the game. He never seemed to learn the fact that he can't double back to get an angle on returns like he did in college.

I just don't understand this FO. Is there a youth movement, or not? Why keep Parrish but not Evans? All the same arguments used to defend trading Evans are also valid for dumping Parrish.
                    Wow, we actually agree; on your first two points anyway.

Evans was not part of the "vision" for this team or its offense. If Gailey and Nix did not see Evans as a major piece of the puzzle two years down the road, then now was the time to trade him. From that same view point, do they see Parrish as a piece of that puzzle two years down the road? Note, Parrish need not be a "major piece of the puzzle." He is a #3 receiver, and as long as the extension is for very reasonable money, I have no problems with this.

Gailey likes him, and we saw some good production out of him last year. Obviously Gailey and Nix liked what they saw out of Parrish (for the role he is being asked to fill). On the flip side, for the role Evans was being asked to fill, they were not as enamored. Two completely different roles and two completely different players.

Get it done, but don't throw money out the window for a number three receiver.
                    A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

I'm ambivalent.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by hydro
                        Lee didn't fit into their WR mold. Roscoe is a slot receiver that isn't afraid to go over the middle. True that he is brittle but he fits what they want to do. Evans never made catches over the middle, Gailey then states during training camp that Evans needs to focus on that, then he gets traded. Makes perfect sense actually.
                        We have all kinds of guys - most of our WRs, in fact - that can go over the middle.

We had one guy - Lee Evans - that could go over the top.

I have NEVER seen an offense that wasn't helped by a fast receiver with good hands who could go deep and get behind the defense. It spreads the field and loosens the defense, creating space for the running game and the short passing game.

This "Lee didn't fit our mold" is the single biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
                          JaySkurski
                          As Mark Gaughan (@gggaughan, who should have WAY more followers than he does) reported, #Bills talking contract ext. with WR Roscoe Parrish

http://twitter.com/#!/JaySkurski/status/109133705561374720

Thoughts?
                          I'm numb to news like this. Just numb.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Let's hope they include some PT/injury incentives. I loved how Parrish looked at the beginning of last year, but the guy needs to stay healthy. He could really help our offense if he could stay on the field for 16 games, IMO.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              Problem is none of us make these decisions.
                              I try to look at the brightside....
                              Yea it makes no sense but we don't make the decsions we just ***** about them..

You can do alot more with Roscoe then Lee in the offense we run...
                              Last edited by tampabay25690; 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM.
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X