PDA

View Full Version : Obama Speech to conflict with NFL opener?

BLeonard
09-01-2011, 12:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6915899/president-obama-jobs-speech-conflict-nfl-opener

President Barack Obama has acceded to House Speaker John Boehner's wishes to deliver an address on jobs and the economy to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 8. The president had requested Sept. 7 for the long-anticipated speech.

In agreeing to Boehner's schedule, Obama's address will compete with the opening game of the National Football League season -- a conflict the White House wanted to avoid.

The defending champion Green Bay Packers play the New Orleans Saints in the season opener at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 8 on NBC. The speech is scheduled for 8 p.m.

Be interesteing to see if NBC televises the speech, or the game, if the speech is over 30 minutes... Guess no big pregame show, though.

-Bill

justasportsfan
09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
I would like to say a prayer for Obama. Psalm 109:8

Mski
09-01-2011, 12:13 PM
he's just pissed GB beat his Bears, so he's trying to "stick it to them"

/sarcasm

BLeonard
09-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Looks like football > POTUS... Looks like the speech will start earlier, in order to be finished by kickoff: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/01/obama-speech-may-not-conflict-with-saints-packers-kickoff/

Though an official announcement has not yet been made by the White House, Obama’s speech apparently will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET on September 8, one hour before kickoff of the kickoff to the season.

Still will affect any pregame that the NFL and NBC had planned to air... They usually have big pregame shows before the opening game.

-Bill

Beebe's Kid
09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
It is ironic that this is even a point of concern.

I am pissed at Obama for rescheduling. Boehner ****ed up and agreed to Wednesday, then demands a rescheduling, and Obama capitulates. Weak sauce, O.

The question should not be if POTUS addressing the country is more important than football, but that after Boehner gave it the okay, he went back on his word because of the GOP debate on Wednesday.

This means that Boehner feels the possible interruption of the bat**** parade is more important than the NFL. He hates America. Surely he is an adult and knows that jobs need to be addressed, but why would he that to interrupt people's football??

Simple. He is a fascist pig that doesn't care about football or his country, and we haven't even seen his birth certificate or his college transcripts.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Nobody cares what you have to say Obama shut the **** up and let us watch our football. Oh yeah, and your wife looks like a gargoyle.

RoscoeMagic
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Every other network station will air Obama. Not like he'll say anything of essence anyway.

FOOTBALL

Mski
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Every other network station will air Obama. Not like he'll say anything of essence anyway.

FOOTBALLmore like he'll be too busy campaigning for the next year to even try to get anything done about it, and im not sure if the big 3 networks have a choice nationally about picking up a presedential adress

ddaryl
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I care.. I care a lot... no football game is more important then discussing jobs IMO.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't give a **** what Obama has to say. He will be on the list of worst presidents of the U.S.

Discussing jobs? really? How about less talk and more action. Obama is an african immigrant that should have never been elected the president of the United States.

FlyingDutchman
09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't give a **** what Obama has to say. He will be on the list of worst presidents of the U.S.

Discussing jobs? really? How about less talk and more action. Obama is an african immigrant that should have never been elected the president of the United States.

African Immigrant? You know Hawaii is a state right...

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2011, 01:55 PM
He was born in Nigeria then smuggled over to his granny in hawaii.

RoscoeMagic
09-01-2011, 01:58 PM
African Immigrant? You know Hawaii is a state right...

Take it to the beef thread fellas.

FlyingDutchman
09-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Well if youre gonna go off on a rant with the other looney birthers at least get it right, it was Kenya

ddaryl
09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
ROTFLMAO...

FlyingDutchman
09-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Take it to the beef thread fellas.

Na man no beef, I like Hurkey. Just sayin

Historian
09-01-2011, 02:12 PM
It's the NFC.

Who gives a ****?

don137
09-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Obama is all style and no substance. He has been talking jobs and the economy for how long and where has it got this country? Sick of all politicians doing what is important for their party and getting elected and not what is best for the country.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2011, 02:44 PM
i was just being a dick. i knew i would get at least one neg from it and it was well worth it.

FlyingDutchman
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Obama is all style and no substance. He has been talking jobs and the economy for how long and where has it got this country? Sick of all politicians doing what is important for their party and getting elected and not what is best for the country.

Just like that GOP that ran on "jobs jobs jobs" in November and then spent all their time trying to prove the president is from another country, stripping union/workers rights, taking away healthcare from grandma and grandpa, defunding NPR, defunding plan parenthood, wasting everyones time with the debt ceiling crap and making sure the rich "job creators" have their tax breaks so jobs can continue to fall from the sky like they have been for the last 10 years since the breaks have been implemented

cpearl
09-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Guys - let's not make this about politics. Nobody wins that argument.

FlyingDutchman
09-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Youre right. Ill zip it. I was a political science major n cant help it sometimes...

don137
09-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Just like that GOP that ran on "jobs jobs jobs" in November and then spent all their time trying to prove the president is from another country, stripping union/workers rights, taking away healthcare from grandma and grandpa, defunding NPR, defunding plan parenthood, wasting everyones time with the debt ceiling crap and making sure the rich "job creators" have their tax breaks so jobs can continue to fall from the sky like they have been for the last 10 years since the breaks have been implemented
First of all I said all politicians are more worried about their party and less about the government. Not just one party. No doubt the debt ceiling talk by the GOP was political posturing and a part of the problem with government for the reason already stated. Second of all this country is in serious trouble with their debt. $.40 of every dollar spent by this government has to be borrowed. What would happen if you ran your household that way?
Yes, NPR should have their federal funding taken away because they have a left wing agenda. Any federally funded right wing agenda institution should have their federally funded dollars removed as well. Also, public unions are bankrupting this country thanks to promises by democrats to promise high pensions. They are a huge part of the problem with states going bankrupt.

FlyingDutchman
09-01-2011, 03:40 PM
First of all I said all politicians are more worried about their party and less about the government. Not just one party. No doubt the debt ceiling talk by the GOP was political posturing and a part of the problem with government for the reason already stated. Second of all this country is in serious trouble with their debt. $.40 of every dollar spent by this government has to be borrowed. What would happen if you ran your household that way?
Yes, NPR should have their federal funding taken away because they have a left wing agenda. Any federally funded right wing agenda institution should have their federally funded dollars removed as well. Also, public unions are bankrupting this country thanks to promises by democrats to promise high pensions. They are a huge part of the problem with states going bankrupt.

Youre right, you did say all politicians and I agree with you on that...You make some points which I would love to address but this will turn into a 10 page thread so I wont go down that rabbit hole for everyones sake...I would like to ask you one thing though, why is it that all republicans or conservatives or whatever think that every media outlet is crazy liberal biased and lone wolf Fox News (not saying you personally are all about Fox or anything) is the only ones to tell it how it really is....

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
/end thread.

mayotm
09-01-2011, 04:38 PM
/end thread.Interesting. You helped turn the thread into a political debate now you get to end it.

k-oneputt
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Guys - let's not make this about politics. Nobody wins that argument.

You are right because anyone with half a brain knows the moron in charge is the worst president in history.

Bmax
09-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Wow i see he folks that think JP Losman was a good qb are out tonight..Save your unholy prayers and poilitical non sense for another day....I wish people would get a clue.. Both parties are controlled by big money...They care nothing about most of you unless you have corporate power...

Sadly most of you will keep on thinking one party is for you because they talk low taxes...meanwhile they strip your rights.. The other spends like a drunken sailor..

B

don137
09-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Youre right, you did say all politicians and I agree with you on that...You make some points which I would love to address but this will turn into a 10 page thread so I wont go down that rabbit hole for everyones sake...I would like to ask you one thing though, why is it that all republicans or conservatives or whatever think that every media outlet is crazy liberal biased and lone wolf Fox News (not saying you personally are all about Fox or anything) is the only ones to tell it how it really is....
You are not going to hear me say Fox News is fair and balanced. I think they say that just because the have a few democrats such as Bob Beckel on the show, whom I think does a good job representing the democrats. However, they are heavily slanted to the right without a doubt.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-02-2011, 05:02 AM
unions suck
obama sucks
bohner sucks
washington sucks
hell even the bills suck
BUT FOOTALL RULES!

McBFLO
09-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Outstanding. Well done, sir.

mayotm
09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
'South Park' pretty much nailed my views on the two parties. Turd Sandwich versus Giant Douche.

trapezeus
09-02-2011, 08:34 AM
obama got the nfl back to work....so he's got a plan for the rest of us.

/sarcasm.

El Guapo
09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
It is ironic that this is even a point of concern.

I am pissed at Obama for rescheduling. Boehner ****ed up and agreed to Wednesday, then demands a rescheduling, and Obama capitulates. Weak sauce, O.

The question should not be if POTUS addressing the country is more important than football, but that after Boehner gave it the okay, he went back on his word because of the GOP debate on Wednesday.

This means that Boehner feels the possible interruption of the bat**** parade is more important than the NFL. He hates America. Surely he is an adult and knows that jobs need to be addressed, but why would he that to interrupt people's football??

Simple. He is a fascist pig that doesn't care about football or his country, and we haven't even seen his birth certificate or his college transcripts.

Are you freakin' serious???