PDA

View Full Version : Bank One 'sponsorship' inspiring jokes already

Gunzlingr
06-26-2003, 08:08 AM
reat Thoughts of Midwestern Man:

E-mailer Don Esser says he's looking forward to R.W. McQuarters' version of the Bank One Shuffle. I'm wondering if the Bears give up a rushing touchdown, does that mean there has been a run on the bank?

The Bears might be trying to pretend their new "presenting sponsorship'' with Bank One is no big deal, but that's not how Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs sees it. "It's a very exciting new possibility,'' McCombs told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I can't wait to hear the details of it. I knew it was being kicked around, but I didn't know it was that close. It takes things to a new level for everyone.'' McCombs called the sponsorship "drastic'' and said he'll be looking to make a similar deal for the Vikings.

Wait till next year: Here are two reasons Corey Patterson won't make the National League All-Star team: New rules substantially diminish the role played by the managers in the selection of the team, and Pat-terson ranks 15th in the voting among NL outfielders. Among those ahead of him is Moises Alou, who is 13th.

more (http://www.suntimes.com/output/rapoport/cst-spt-rap26.html)