X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figster
    • Oct 2010

Levi Brown vs Tyler Thigpen

Tyler Thigpen reminds me of a ballet dancer who doesn't have his dance moves down pat. For someone who is supposed to be somewhat familiar with a Chan Gailey style offense Thigpen has looked pathetic . I realize it doesn't help when our 2nd and 3rd string pass protection is practically nonexistent, but this guy is a joke.

Levi Brown on the other hand is finally starting to show some progress. Brown has a strong arm, he knows the offense/players and Levi has a better understanding of what HC Gailey is trying to accomplish on the Football field.

It probably doesn't matter, Levi will most likely be cut, but it almost appears to me Gailey is deliberately trying to prevent competition at the QB position.

If Fitzpatrick goes down for any length of time(God Forbid) and our season is tanked because we don't have a sufficient backup QB, Buddy Nix should be sent packing for not doing his job properly.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Levi Brown vs Tyler Thigpen

Originally posted by dog14787
    Tyler Thigpen reminds me of a ballet dancer who doesn't have his dance moves down pat. For someone who is supposed to be somewhat familiar with a Chan Gailey style offense Thigpen has looked pathetic . I realize it doesn't help when our 2nd and 3rd string pass protection is practically nonexistent, but this guy is a joke.

Levi Brown on the other hand is finally starting to show some progress. Brown has a strong arm, he knows the offense/players and Levi has a better understanding of what HC Gailey is trying to accomplish on the Football field.

It probably doesn't matter, Levi will most likely be cut, but it almost appears to me Gailey is deliberately trying to prevent competition at the QB position.

If Fitzpatrick goes down for any length of time(God Forbid) and our season is tanked because we don't have a sufficient backup QB, Buddy Nix should be sent packing for not doing his job properly.
    Nix will not be sent packing no matter how this season plays out.

Comment

• dog14787
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by better days
      Nix will not be sent packing no matter how this season plays out.
      Never underestimate the wrath of RW, who has made it abundantly clear, he wants the QB position remedied... and the guy is not going to live forever...

Note: I was going to delete my thread and re-post on the Thigpen thread but there's no way to, more ranting about Thigpen didn't require a separate thread, My bad...
      Last edited by Figster; 09-03-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Never underestimate the wrath of RW, who has made it abundantly clear, he wants the QB position remedied... and the guy is not going to live forever...
        You are delusional if you think Ralph will fire Nix because Fitz gets injured or even has a bad season.

Comment

• dog14787
          • Oct 2010

You are delusional if you think Ralph will fire Nix because Fitz gets injured or even has a bad season.
          You are delusional If you think RW isn't fully capable of sticking his nose were it doesn't belong, and making another regime change.

Is it going to happen, I hope not better days , but it could, Gailey and Nix don't get a free pass for incompetency. If Ryan Fitzpatrick goes on to have a bad season, RW's patients is going to be wearing real thin in my opinion.

We have in our possession one of the best QB guru's in the league with HC Chan Gailey. One of Gailey's biggest assets is his ability to mold young QB prospects into productive starters in the NFL. Its Buddy Nix's job to see to it Gailey's time is spent productively in Buffalo doing what he does best.

If the Buffalo Bills started growing QB's like we do CB's, we would win a Championship...
          Last edited by Figster; 09-03-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

You are delusional If you think RW isn't fully capable of sticking his nose were it doesn't belong, and making another regime change.

Is it going to happen, I hope not better days , but it could, Gailey and Nix don't get a free pass for incompetency. If Ryan Fitzpatrick goes on to have a bad season, RW's patients is going to be wearing real thin in my opinion.

We have in our possession one of the best QB guru's in the league with HC Chan Gailey. One of Gailey's biggest assets is his ability to mold young QB prospects into productive starters in the NFL. Its Buddy Nix's job to see to it Gailey's time is spent productively in Buffalo doing what he does best.

If the Buffalo Bills started growing QB's like we do CB's, we would win a Championship...
            What you don't understand is that the bottom line is all Ralph cares about. Ralph also knows there were no QB's to be had in the last draft & if Fitz sucks this year, the Bills will have a great pick to get a new QB.

And with the new rookie cap he will come cheap so Ralph may actually hope Fitz sucks so he can let him go & won't have to give him a big contract.

Comment

• dog14787
              • Oct 2010

What you don't understand is that the bottom line is all Ralph cares about. Ralph also knows there were no QB's to be had in the last draft & if Fitz sucks this year, the Bills will have a great pick to get a new QB.

And with the new rookie cap he will come cheap so Ralph may actually hope Fitz sucks so he can let him go & won't have to give him a big contract.
              Ralph wants to see his team reach the playoffs again in his lifetime.

My hope/prediction is Fitzpatrick will have the best season of his career and If Fitz stays healthy I believe he will have a breakout year. The problem I have is how the position itself has been deliberately manipulated to insure Fitzpatrick's status as the Bills starter.(in my opinion)
              Last edited by Figster; 09-03-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Ralph wants to see his team reach the playoffs again in his lifetime.

My hope/prediction is Fitzpatrick will have the best season of his career and If Fitz stays healthy I believe he will have a breakout year. The problem I have is how the position itself has been deliberately manipulated to insure Fitzpatrick's status as the Bills starter.(in my opinion)
                Who would you have liked to see the Bills bring in as competition to Fitz? Trent Edwards most likely.

Comment

• dog14787
                  • Oct 2010

Who would you have liked to see the Bills bring in as competition to Fitz? Trent Edwards most likely.

hehe, its funny you say that better days, Trent does know the offense

We could have drafted a Mallet, McElroy, or a Locker, almost everyone had a guy in mind. Or we could have tried to obtain Kevin Kolb from the Eagles whom I'm predicting will do well in the NFL. In comparison to Thigpen are you suggesting we didn't have better alternatives?

Hell, Levi Brown is a better alternative...

Comment

• kishoph
                    • Jun 2003

BROWN's never really impressed me before, but he has shown some game this pre season, THIGPEN on the other hand has looked brutal.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

We could have drafted a Mallet, McElroy, or a Locker, almost everyone had a guy in mind. Or we could have tried to obtain Kevin Kolb from the Eagles whom I'm predicting will do well in the NFL. In comparison to Thigpen are you suggesting we didn't have better alternatives?

The Bills could have drafted those players or they could have drafted Jimmy Claussen the year before, but they didn't. THANKFULLY. Locker may have potential, but he was drafted at pick #11 in the 1st rnd.

I'm happy the Bills picked Dareus at #3 over Locker myself. McElroy, a 7th rnd pick, well I guess he could be the next Tom Brady. Mallett may become a decent QB in N.E. but I'm happy the Bills passed on him.

Not only did the Eagles get a lot in return for Kolb, but the Cards had to give Kolb a BIG MONEY contract as well. The Bills will draft a QB next year that may be better than Kolb & will definitely be CHEAPER.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

ralph won't move out this regime until there is total backlash i have no idea what i think about nix and gaily but i think if the record sucks but the team improves a lot, they need to get a shot with one more draft to pull it all together

as a result unless there are billboards going up and fans on the verge of total revolt, we have this group for awhile

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Thigpen has been totally horrible in the preseason. It's pretty bad that a backup QB gets 11 million dollars in this day of age especially of Thigpen's status.

He played decent the year he was with Gailey in KC so I'm not going to write him off from being a total waste as a backup but you would think he would've shown more after being familiar in the system.

What scares me the most is Fitzpatick was similar last year to Thigpen when the year he played in Gailey's system in KC. Hopefully it's not just a one year fluke.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Well, Trent Edwards is available dog. The Raiders cut your boy.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

They both suck. And Thigpen was just signed. They weren't gonna release a guy who just joined the team a little over a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X