PDA

View Full Version : So McGee made the team?

BidsJr
09-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Weird, must be that Ralph isn't AS cheap as some people thought. :laughing: :air:

NOT THE DUDE...
09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
yeah but hes going to be the slot guy. the main outside corners are leodis and drayton... not bad...

OpIv37
09-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Weird, must be that Ralph isn't AS cheap as some people thought. :laughing: :air:
So, after all the cheap things that Ralph has done, somehow keeping McGee means he's not cheap? Give me a ****ing break.

And btw, he saved money cutting Hangartner. I've never been a fan of Han, but I have a hard time believing he's worse than some of the guys we kept.

cpearl
09-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Hangartner was HORRIBLE this preseason.

wmoz11
09-03-2011, 07:43 PM
So, after all the cheap things that Ralph has done, somehow keeping McGee means he's not cheap? Give me a ****ing break.

And btw, he saved money cutting Hangartner. I've never been a fan of Han, but I have a hard time believing he's worse than some of the guys we kept.
Fortunately, not everything is evaluated in a vacuum. Just like in business, there's a cost-benefit to everything. If Hangartner is just slightly better than a guy who is making league-minimum, it makes sense to keep the cheaper guy. Especially if he's younger.

Night Train
09-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I would easily point out the cost savings of Hang but he couldn't block the sun this summer.

Look for a waiver or PS signing in the next 48 hours.

BidsJr
09-03-2011, 07:49 PM

Hahahahahhahaha, I said not AS cheap as he would have been as if we cut him. Wondered who the first sucker would be.

You never dissapoint OP! Have fun this season (:

OpIv37
09-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Fortunately, not everything is evaluated in a vacuum. Just like in business, there's a cost-benefit to everything. If Hangartner is just slightly better than a guy who is making league-minimum, it makes sense to keep the cheaper guy. Especially if he's younger.
That helps Ralph. As fans, that does nothing for us because the money saved doesn't get re-invested in the team. As usual, Ralph proves to be a saavy businessman but incompetent football owner.

mayotm
09-03-2011, 08:19 PM
That helps Ralph. As fans, that does nothing for us because the money saved doesn't get re-invested in the team. As usual, Ralph proves to be a saavy businessman but incompetent football owner.I think you should focus on how much Notre Dame sucks instead worrying so much about the Bills.

wmoz11
09-03-2011, 08:22 PM
That helps Ralph. As fans, that does nothing for us because the money saved doesn't get re-invested in the team. As usual, Ralph proves to be a saavy businessman but incompetent football owner.
Just like business decisions benefit their owners. I've come to realize and be numb to the circumstances. This is all about business. If Ralph can make money by only getting a tiny-bit worse, then that's what's going to happen. I don't blame him.

In this case, though, the player in question is horrendous and carries a large price tag. Easy call.

HAMMER
09-03-2011, 08:24 PM
I think you should focus on how much Notre Dame sucks instead worrying so much about the Bills.

Really, you want to set him up for more *****ing.

mayotm
09-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Really, you want to set him up for more *****ing.He can ***** all he wants about ND. I don't care about them.

BidsJr
09-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I think you should focus on how much Notre Dame sucks instead worrying so much about the Bills.

Notre Dame has been sucking for as long or longer than the Bills. No wonder the pent up hostility! :laughing:

kingJofNYC
09-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Hangartner was HORRIBLE this preseason.

Word, he couldn't even block for ND the way he played.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2011, 10:23 PM
no, he is.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2011, 10:31 PM

he did buy us a HD billboard at the stadium. yippeeeeeeeeeee

OpIv37
09-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Notre Dame has been sucking for as long or longer than the Bills.

Not true.

Since 2000, Notre Dame has had winning records 6 times (and two .500 seasons). The Bills have only had a winning record once in that span.

And ND made BCS Bowls in 2005 and 2006. Granted, they lost both games, and in general they've had some pretty low moments lately, but it's still not as bad as a Bills team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years.

Bert102176
09-03-2011, 11:20 PM

He'll always be a cheap bastard

BidsJr
09-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Not true.

Since 2000, Notre Dame has had winning records 6 times (and two .500 seasons). The Bills have only had a winning record once in that span.

And ND made BCS Bowls in 2005 and 2006. Granted, they lost both games, and in general they've had some pretty low moments lately, but it's still not as bad as a Bills team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years.

LOL!

If you count a "winning" record as success as a Domer fan..... I guess that should tell us where your true allegience lies. That is a terrible measure of success for one of the storied college football programs in this country.

mayotm
09-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Not true.

And ND made BCS Bowls in 2005 and 2006. Granted, they lost both games, and in general they've had some pretty low moments lately, but it's still not as bad as a Bills team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years.They suck. All their players suck. The coach sucks. The athletic director sucks. Finally, the school president sucks.

better days
09-04-2011, 07:57 AM

Especially on the Bills where cost outweighs benefit.

OpIv37
09-04-2011, 04:28 PM
LOL!

If you count a "winning" record as success as a Domer fan..... I guess that should tell us where your true allegience lies. That is a terrible measure of success for one of the storied college football programs in this country.
I never said it was a measure of success. I said it was a measure of them being better than the Bills lately. Learn some reading comprehension before attempting to call people out.

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2011, 04:35 PM
McGee was cut. But someone from the Bills saw the McGee thread and realized the jig was up and we were wise to Ralph's fiendish plan. So they kept McGee and cut Hang instead. The ol' cost cutting switcheroo. Pure evil genius!

PTR

BidsJr
09-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I never said it was a measure of success. I said it was a measure of them being better than the Bills lately. Learn some reading comprehension before attempting to call people out.

Being 6-5 at Notre Dame is not any better than being 3-13 in the NFL. Not even a little bit.

Learn some perspective before calling out others reading comprehension k tks.

psubills62
09-04-2011, 08:56 PM
If people were ready to use it as evidence that Wilson is cheap, then the opposite can't be denied as evidence that he isn't.

ServoBillieves
09-04-2011, 09:19 PM
he did buy us a HD billboard at the stadium. yippeeeeeeeeeee

He also bought the team a new practice field.

Even more of a yippee...

ZAZusmc03
09-05-2011, 01:49 AM
I for 1 am glad he is on the team. Is he worthy and reliable as an every down CB? ABsolutely not, but being played sparingly and kept healthy can he contribute significantly? I think so.