PDA

View Full Version : WR Donnie Avery ?

Night Train
09-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Cut by Rams. Supposedly Bills are one of a couple teams looking at him. Anyone have ESPN Insider ?

Out for 2010 with a knee injury. Made a couple of nice catches in his last pre-season game. 5-11 184 and a former 4.27 burner. Rams 2nd round pick in 2008 out of Houston. Has 100 catches for 1200 + yards and 8 TD's in his career.

Hmmm...

RoscoeMagic
09-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm intrigued. Not sure who they'd cut though. The obvious answer would be Ruvell Martin, but then again Ruvell Martin was also an obvious bet NOT to make the 53 man roster, so who knows? I think Chan likes Martin as a STer as well, and I'm not sure Avery has any experience in that department.

ServoBillieves
09-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Used to be pretty good if I remember correctly. Bring him in!

DraftBoy
09-04-2011, 03:28 PM
As I said on Twitter when somebody proposed this;

You aren't going to sign Avery and cut Martin, he has too much ST value for this team. If you sign Avery you're cutting Jones more than likely.

Night Train
09-04-2011, 03:32 PM

You aren't going to sign Avery and cut Martin, he has too much ST value for this team. If you sign Avery you're cutting Jones more than likely.

Agreed. I thought Jones also. It seemsed they wanted speedy Buster Davis to make an impact but he couldn't catch the ball at all. So the search for another burner continues.

Which makes one wonder why they moved Evans, when he wasn't costing much anymore ? Did he ask for a trade ?

Whatever. Can't hurt to kick the tires...unless it puts him on IR..

YardRat
09-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Agreed. I thought Jones also. It seemsed they wanted speedy Buster Davis to make an impact but he couldn't catch the ball at all. So the search for another burner continues.

Which makes one wonder why they moved Evans, when he wasn't costing much anymore ? Did he ask for a trade ?

Whatever. Can't hurt to kick the tires...unless it puts him on IR..

"Obviously because Ralph is a cheap, miserly bastard only concerned with money."

/everydumbasswhofallsbackonthatargumentafteranymovesaremadeorbignameplayersaren'tsigned

kingJofNYC
09-04-2011, 04:00 PM

Jones was good in his own right on ST last season, main reason he stuck around early in the year.

DBrown77
09-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Wasnt he the first WR taken in the class with D. Jackson, Hardy, Sweed, Devin Thomas, Etc?

Jaybird
09-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Wasnt he the first WR taken in the class with D. Jackson, Hardy, Sweed, Devin Thomas, Etc?

he was, and it was in the second round

Jan Reimers
09-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Avery has Lee Evans' size and speed, without the productivity.

He'll fit right in.

BillsWin
09-04-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't know why everyone is so high on Jones to be quite honest. I like the kid and think he has talent, but I wouldn't be upset if we dropped him to add Avery with the potential that Avery has. Watched him play in college and loved him coming out of the draft. If he's healthy, he's got the kind of speed we don't have in the receiving corps after Evans left.

YardRat
09-04-2011, 07:45 PM
he was, and it was in the second round

It was also a head-scratcher when the pick was announced.

Bert102176
09-04-2011, 08:29 PM
when healthy he is very good

YardRat
09-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Stevie may actually have a chance to be considered the best WR in that draft if he can continue to get better.

ServoBillieves
09-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Stevie may actually have a chance to be considered the best WR in that draft if he can continue to get better.

DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Pierre Garcon, Earl Bennett, Stevie Johnson...

Did I miss anyone worthwhile in that draft as a WR?

RoscoeMagic
09-04-2011, 09:12 PM
DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Pierre Garcon, Earl Bennett, Stevie Johnson...

Did I miss anyone worthwhile in that draft as a WR?

James Hardy.

trapezeus
09-04-2011, 09:15 PM
i like that this team thinks WR is still its biggest need. they can take the cuts from every other team and those OL are better at times than our starters. this is the problem...do they need a ****ing billboard for everything we see and they don't?

YardRat
09-04-2011, 09:19 PM
i like that this team thinks WR is still its biggest need. they can take the cuts from every other team and those OL are better at times than our starters. this is the problem...do they need a ****ing billboard for everything we see and they don't?

I truly do not understand the blind spot with the offensive line.