PDA

View Full Version : Patriots add G Brian Waters

BLeonard
09-04-2011, 03:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6929918/new-england-patriots-sign-guard-brian-waters

The fact that New England did a deal now with Waters rather than waiting until after the regular season begins indicates they have big plans for him this season.

Yet another offensive lineman that was available, that the Bills apparently didn't even contact, that a contending team thought enough of to bring in and get a deal done.

-Bill

Night Train
09-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm looking at a pure C or an OT.

Not a Guard.

RoscoeMagic
09-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Fresh meat for Dareus and Kyle :supper:

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 03:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6929918/new-england-patriots-sign-guard-brian-waters

Yet another offensive lineman that was available, that the Bills apparently didn't even contact, that a contending team thought enough of to bring in and get a deal done.

-Bill

he wasnt coming here as a backup, and urbik is younger with good potential. would make no sense to sign him...

YardRat
09-04-2011, 03:45 PM
he wasnt coming here as a backup, and urbik is younger with good potential. would make no sense to sign him...

Except for the fact that Urbik SUCKS.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Except for the fact that Urbik SUCKS.

do u enjoy talking out of your ass??

Dr. Lecter
09-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Ummmmmm.....

Oh forget it.

YardRat
09-04-2011, 04:09 PM

If I was talking out of my ass, I would of said "he wasnt coming here as a backup, and urbik is younger with good potential. would make no sense to sign him...".

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 04:11 PM
If I was talking out of my ass, I would of said "he wasnt coming here as a backup, and urbik is younger with good potential. would make no sense to sign him...".

waters is 34 and going downhill. why take away development of urbik? he played well last year, he played solid this preseason. seriously, the waters signing makes no sense. now signing a solid ot as depth would make sense. that i can agree with. we dont need any interior lineman. we are set there...

YardRat
09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
waters is 34 and going downhill. why take away development of urbik? he played well last year, he played solid this preseason. seriously, the waters signing makes no sense. now signing a solid ot as depth would make sense. that i can agree with. we dont need any interior lineman. we are set there...

Urbik can develop during practice and spot duty.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Urbik can develop during practice and spot duty.

ill trust nix instead of a limbaugh follower...

BLeonard
09-04-2011, 05:48 PM
ill trust nix instead of a limbaugh follower...

Good, then you'll love this quote...

"We don't have enough offensive linemen. We don't have enough depth," Nix told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Our guys are a work in progress."

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/144657/Nix--Offensive-line-depth-Bills--primary-concern.html?isap=1&nav=5016

Yet except for a 4th round pick and a swing and a miss on Clabo, they have done ZERO on the offensive line.

Any way you slice it, the offensive line was a mess when Gailey and Nix got here, by their own admission.

Yet after two offseasons and two drafts, they still haven't found what many would consider NFL starters, especially at the OT positions. There were obviously guys out there, as perennial contenders like the Patriots and Ravens were able to go out and upgrade their lines, yet, these guys apparently weren't good enough for the Bills to even consider...

-Bill

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Good, then you'll love this quote...

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/144657/Nix--Offensive-line-depth-Bills--primary-concern.html?isap=1&nav=5016

Yet except for a 4th round pick and a swing and a miss on Clabo, they have done ZERO on the offensive line.

Any way you slice it, the offensive line was a mess when Gailey and Nix got here, by their own admission.

Yet after two offseasons and two drafts, they still haven't found what many would consider NFL starters, especially at the OT positions. There were obviously guys out there, as perennial contenders like the Patriots and Ravens were able to go out and upgrade their lines, yet, these guys apparently weren't good enough for the Bills to even consider...

-Bill

apparently you cant read, nix talked about depth, not starters! waters wasnt coming here as a backup. our starters are fine and hairston and rinehart are solid for the active 7 on sunday. most teams only keep 3 lineman as backups, so the only upgrade that will be possible is probably adding another ot to replace brown. this just in, there is nothing out there man. again, adding waters makes no sense.

BLeonard
09-04-2011, 06:13 PM
apparently you cant read, nix talked about depth, not starters! waters wasnt coming here as a backup. our starters are fine and hairston and rinehart are solid for the active 7 on sunday. most teams only keep 3 lineman as backups, so the only upgrade that will be possible is probably adding another ot to replace brown. this just in, there is nothing out there man. again, adding waters makes no sense.

If there was "nothing out there," how were the Baltimore Ravens able to bring in THREE (3) offensive linemen (Levoir, McKinnie and Gurode) to their team, while we added NOTHING.

The "there is nothing out there" argument is complete BS... Baltimore found three players that improved their team... In case you haven't noticed, the Ravens are a pretty good team... Yet, they found players to get better. The Bills, meanwhile, sat on their hands.

Also, if our backups are as "solid" as you claim, why were they shuffling the line on a daily basis... Did you even read the article I posted?

"Honestly, I don't really know what their plan is," Levitre said. "It's frustrating, but you've got to keep going out there and working hard and getting better. That's the big thing: I've got to prove to them that I can still play."

Levitre, I have to assume, is one of those "starters" that "are fine." meanwhile, he is being shuffled all over the line. He's been at LG, got demoted, then got moved to LT... Signing a guy like LeVoir or McKinnie would allow more flexibility, so they don't have to put their starting LG at LT.

They might not have wanted McKinnie or LeVoir at the price that they cost (even though neither got too huge of a deal), but don't try to say "nobody's out there." When teams like the Ravens and Patriots can find upgrades, there's no reason the Bills, who have a much lower talent level, shouldn't be able to find an upgrade as well, whether it be an upgrade to your backups, or an upgrade to the starters, which moves a starter to a backup and upgrades the backups that way.

-Bill

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 06:18 PM
If there was "nothing out there," how were the Baltimore Ravens able to bring in THREE (3) offensive linemen (Levoir, McKinnie and Gurode) to their team, while we added NOTHING.

The "there is nothing out there" argument is complete BS... Baltimore found three players that improved their team... In case you haven't noticed, the Ravens are a pretty good team... Yet, they found players to get better. The Bills, meanwhile, sat on their hands.

Also, if our backups are as "solid" as you claim, why were they shuffling the line on a daily basis... Did you even read the article I posted?

Levitre, I have to assume, is one of those "starters" that "are fine." meanwhile, he is being shuffled all over the line. He's been at LG, got demoted, then got moved to LT... Signing a guy like LeVoir or McKinnie would allow more flexibility, so they don't have to put their starting LG at LT.

They might not have wanted McKinnie or LeVoir at the price that they cost (even though neither got too huge of a deal), but don't try to say "nobody's out there." When teams like the Ravens and Patriots can find upgrades, there's no reason the Bills, who have a much lower talent level, shouldn't be able to find an upgrade as well, whether it be an upgrade to your backups, or an upgrade to the starters, which moves a starter to a backup and upgrades the backups that way.

-Bill

Mckinnie is 600lbs and sucked last year. hes older and not a better option than bell or even hairston as the backup swing tackle. again, levoir is a backup, is he really better than our 3 backups? again, ill trust nix. i think you want to add someone to just add someone.

BLeonard
09-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Mckinnie is 600lbs and sucked last year. hes older and not a better option than bell or even hairston as the backup swing tackle. again, levoir is a backup, is he really better than our 3 backups? again, ill trust nix. i think you want to add someone to just add someone.

Well, apparently, Baltimore disagrees with you, since they are starting Bryant McKinnie at LT... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821c3e23/article/with-mckinnie-now-in-fold-ravens-moving-oher-back-to-rt

McKinnie played left tackle with the Vikings, and the Ravens have every intention of keeping him there. So Michael Oher will shift back to the right side, where he played as a rookie two years ago.

Did you happen to look at McKinnie's contract? The Ravens put a weight bonus into it:

Cut by the Minnesota Vikings after reporting to training camp at 387 pounds, McKinnie signed a two-year contract with the Ravens last week and is eager to start the next phase of his NFL career. He's probably also eager to earn the $300,000 weight bonus that the Carroll County Times reported is included in his $7.5 million deal.

"I have a lot of motivation," said McKinnie, whom the newspaper said would be paid in $75,000 increments if he makes weight at four separate weigh-ins. "So you are definitely going to see a lot of pancake (blocks) this year."

But, you keep thinking that whoever the Bills put out at LT is gonna be just fine... Of course, they have to decide who's gonna be there first.

-Bill

RoscoeMagic
09-04-2011, 07:21 PM

No if you were talking out of your ass, one it'd be pretty hard to type, and two it'd look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrRE1LDY_U

Someone teach a playa how to embed videos.

YardRat
09-04-2011, 07:33 PM
No if you were talking out of your ass, one it'd be pretty hard to type, and two it'd look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrRE1LDY_U

Someone teach a playa how to embed videos.

Click on Share, click on Embed. Unfortunately the one you chose the embedding has been "disabled by request".