PDA

View Full Version : Andre Gurode signs with Ravens, Dockery to Dallas, McGlynn to Cincy

BLeonard
09-04-2011, 04:10 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/110457423386517504

Pro Bowl center Andre Gurode's new one-year deal with the Ravens could be worth up to $3 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/5-more-sunday-transactios-you-should-know/

4. The Bengals claimed C/G Mike McGlynn (Eagles), and TE Mickey Shuler (Dolphins) in addition to Brandon Tate. To make room, the Bengals cut WR Quan Cosby, C Reggie Stephens, and former Hard Knocks star TE Chase Coffman.

This isn’t a waiver move, but the Cowboys replaced veteran offensive lineman Montrae Holland with Derrick Dockery.

Meanwhile, the Bills do zero...

So, none of these guys could have helped the line out? I just can't believe that.

-Bill

YardRat
09-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Jesus christ the Ravens must have more o-linemen than we have LBers.

Mahdi
09-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Big deal, we signed Lee Smith, in two years and 30 more pounds he will be our starting LT. He will then make the PB, ask for a fair contract which we wont give and get traded to a contender.

kingJofNYC
09-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Why would anyone want Dockey back? Once was enough.

Have no idea who McGlynn is, can he actually play or is he good because he's not on this team?

ServoBillieves
09-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Chase Coffman... wanted him back in the day but has done pretty much squat in the NFL with injuries.

And did you seriously want Derrick Dockery back? People need to realize we're not cutting Urbik, and that Pears is the apparent starter at RT. What we need is OT and C DEPTH, not starters over Wood and Levitre.

Do I want them to sign a lineman? Yes, but when these types of names are getting tossed around think about it.

kingJofNYC
09-04-2011, 04:33 PM
SIGN MCGLYNN NOW RALPH!

YOU CHEAP BASTARD!

guy
09-04-2011, 04:36 PM
SIGN MCGLYNN NOW RALPH!

YOU CHEAP BASTARD! ur jokin right?? get a clue

YardRat
09-04-2011, 04:42 PM
ur jokin right?? get a clue

Yes, he was joking.

I would have taken a shot at McKinnie for LT, move Bell to RT, and Waters to replace Urbik at RG.

Two guys...That's all I'm asking for.

kingJofNYC
09-04-2011, 04:44 PM
ur jokin right?? get a clue

Of course I'm joking, I don't even know who he is.

ServoBillieves
09-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, he was joking.

I would have taken a shot at McKinnie for LT, move Bell to RT, and Waters to replace Urbik at RG.

Two guys...That's all I'm asking for.

Hell Yard I'm begging for ONE... Why are we scouting TE's that Chan doesn't use when there's plenty of beef for the O-Line twiddling their thumbs at home?

Ugh this team...

more cowbell
09-04-2011, 06:02 PM
the ONLY guy on that list worth a damn is Gurode...

Derrick Dockery? you're pissed we didnt sign Derrick Dockery...he was CUT BY US

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 06:10 PM
SIGN CHAMBERS NOW!!!!!!! OUR DEPTH SUCKS, WHY? IDK, I JUST TALK OUT OF MY ASS. HAIRSTON AND RINEHART SUCK! I SAY BELL AND PEARS SUCK BUT I WONT TELL YOU WHY!!!!!!!

BLeonard
09-04-2011, 06:19 PM
the ONLY guy on that list worth a damn is Gurode...

Derrick Dockery? you're pissed we didnt sign Derrick Dockery...he was CUT BY US

Where did I say I wanted Dockery? I simply posted that Dallas signed him.

Bottom line is, other teams are making moves to improve. Baltimore now has signed 3 OL since camp opened. Yet, we couldn't have used any of those guys?

-Bill

THRILLHO
09-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Us doing nothing says that we think our o-line would be be improved at all by not signing them. I simply cannot believe that, and the stats will show it when our offense struggles to put up points.

RoscoeMagic
09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Mike McGlynn's nothing special. He started on a makeshift Eagles line last year and got bumped for two rookies and a Bengals castoff this season. He's versatile and fat, so Chan probably took some Levitre and got Wood for him, but I hear McGlynn cheats on his wife with ugly fat chicks so we decided to pass. He'd have a field day with the talent in Buffalo though. I'm sure that was a cause for concern too. He'd spend more time at Golden Corral than on the practice field.

YardRat
09-04-2011, 07:27 PM
SIGN CHAMBERS NOW!!!!!!! OUR DEPTH SUCKS, WHY? IDK, I JUST TALK OUT OF MY ASS. HAIRSTON AND RINEHART SUCK! I SAY BELL AND PEARS SUCK BUT I WONT TELL YOU WHY!!!!!!!

I'll try to reply to this with a little bit of sanity...

Nobody wants to re-sign Chambers.

Our o-line depth does suck...as do a couple of our starters.

Yes, you have a tendency to talk out of your ass.

Hairston is a rookie who is capable of filling in some in spots, maybe even man the right side in a pinch, but not ready for LT full-time. Some don't think he ever will be, but I disagree and think he'll have a good shot on the left side as early as next season.

Rhinehart fits in with most of our o-linemen...not stellar, serviceable at times, takes turns looking solid and then getting blown-up or blown-by. OK depth, but there are (were) better guys out there.

Bell is inconsistent as hell and has trouble matching up at the snap. He's OK on the move or with leverage, but man-up he can be bulled or run past (too often for my tastes for an LT).

Pears looked like smelly ass early, has looked a little better as preseason moved along, but not confident he can hold up consistently over four full quarters. Decent run-blocker, struggles against the pass.

BertSquirtgum
09-04-2011, 07:41 PM
stop making cry baby threads. you sound like a whiny *****.

capitolneal
09-04-2011, 08:19 PM
what about the guard from Dallas that use to play for the Longhorns?

ServoBillieves
09-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Brad Butler. That is all.

Bert102176
09-04-2011, 08:35 PM
If ya think they will do anything to make this team better your kidding urself

YardRat
09-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Brad Butler. That is all.

That hurt a little bit.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I'll try to reply to this with a little bit of sanity...

Nobody wants to re-sign Chambers.

Our o-line depth does suck...as do a couple of our starters.

Yes, you have a tendency to talk out of your ass.

Hairston is a rookie who is capable of filling in some in spots, maybe even man the right side in a pinch, but not ready for LT full-time. Some don't think he ever will be, but I disagree and think he'll have a good shot on the left side as early as next season.

Rhinehart fits in with most of our o-linemen...not stellar, serviceable at times, takes turns looking solid and then getting blown-up or blown-by. OK depth, but there are (were) better guys out there.

Bell is inconsistent as hell and has trouble matching up at the snap. He's OK on the move or with leverage, but man-up he can be bulled or run past (too often for my tastes for an LT).

Pears looked like smelly ass early, has looked a little better as preseason moved along, but not confident he can hold up consistently over four full quarters. Decent run-blocker, struggles against the pass.

your wrong dude, bell might be inconsistent but coming off a knee injury he played well. he was ok at the least last year! HE DOES NOT SUCK, either does pears. are they tony boselli and leon searcy bookends? no. but most teams dont have that, hell the packers oline was suspect last year as was the steelers. i would take the bills oline over both of theirs this year. THE OLINE DOES NOT SUCK!

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2011, 10:27 PM
The Ravens must be starting a nursing home for linemen.

PTR

BillsFever21
09-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Gurode got about what I was expecting and hoped the Bills would give it a whirl at. One year and up to 3 million with incentives. Will probably make 2 million at the most. He could've played guard or been at the very least an experienced veteran for depth. It's not like had anything to lose for a couple million...well except more of Ralph's money that he doesn't like to part with unless he has no choice.

better days
09-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Gurode got about what I was expecting and hoped the Bills would give it a whirl at. One year and up to 3 million with incentives. Will probably make 2 million at the most. He could've played guard or been at the very least an experienced veteran for depth. It's not like had anything to lose for a couple million...well except more of Ralph's money that he doesn't like to part with unless he has no choice.

If the OL plays decent the Ravens can make the playoffs. What good would it do the Bills to sign a player like that for one year? So they can get a lower draft pick?

Rustbelt
09-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't know if the Bills did or did not place calls for these guys but I am cautioning on the side that they have. Other than claiming a guy on waivers, a veteran free agent in demand isn't going to pick Buffalo when there are teams who consistently win in the bidding.

There still is a lot of carry over from the last regime. It's a rebuilding process. Year one was the reset, and this year is the beginning of the renaissance. If we can build on the second half of last season's momentum and stay competitive while winning 6-7 games we will attract more free agents.