PDA

View Full Version : CASSEL HAS CRACKED RIB!

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 05:38 PM
cracked rib for cassel

cpearl
09-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Link:
http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/9/4/2404872/kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassel-reportedly-suffers-cracked-rib

tomz
09-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Dares smells blood.

tomz
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I mean dareus. when autocorrect strikes!

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2011, 05:55 PM
its hard to even take a breath with a cracked rib let alone get blasted by dareus! i think he takes a pain killer shot and plays but either way this cant be good news for the chiefs. plus cassel has looked terrible this preseason without weis... we will see....

more cowbell
09-04-2011, 06:00 PM
wouldnt hate if it tyler palko had to play once dareus and lights our crack another 3 ribs

ServoBillieves
09-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Don't get the all caps, I wouldn't be happy if he missed the game, gives everyone an excuse to say the Bills won because of injuries.

I'd rather beat KC with Cassel and all others healthy so that we can prove we're a competitor, not get excited over other teams misfortune.

... That being said I like our chances if he's hurt and with Moeaki injured.

Cntrygal
09-04-2011, 06:05 PM
At this point, I'll take good wins, bad wins, ugly wins, and wins "based" on opponents injuries.

SquishDaFish
09-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Don't get the all caps, I wouldn't be happy if he missed the game, gives everyone an excuse to say the Bills won because of injuries.

I'd rather beat KC with Cassel and all others healthy so that we can prove we're a competitor, not get excited over other teams misfortune.

... That being said I like our chances if he's hurt and with Moeaki injured.

Hes 10 and VERY EXCITED LOL

THRILLHO
09-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Great, so now we get to be beat by a back up QB instead of the starter.

gggbills
09-04-2011, 07:07 PM
At this point, I'll take good wins, bad wins, ugly wins, and wins "based" on opponents injuries.

Any win not based on filming our opponent's practices is fine with me.

YardRat
09-04-2011, 07:15 PM
gochiefs sprung this info in the 'lettuce' thread.

trapezeus
09-04-2011, 07:21 PM
bills are notoriously bad with back up players.

Turf
09-04-2011, 07:22 PM
I guess we'll see if we can really stop the run, and short dink passes.

cpearl
09-04-2011, 07:30 PM
If he has a cracked rib he can play, but will not be as effective.

Plus, compared to last year, our defense is significantly improved. We are better at each LB position and at DE and DT. This will be a very competitive game. There is no way we get blown out. Even though we were 4-12 last year, we were in most games (until the last couple). Our improvements on the D-line and LBs will make a HUGE difference.

Now, that doesn't mean we win. Because KC is a very hard place to play in. But we will be in this game and have a very good chance of winning.

jcdavey
09-04-2011, 07:33 PM
it was stupid of haley to play his starting qb in a week 4 preseason game, i literally said that aloud as i was watching the game, right before the packers backup dt landed on him.....

Jeff1220
09-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Doesn't matter, Cassel or no Cassel, KC's offensive gameplan will be 90% Jamaal Charles.

Oaf
09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Trade 'em Thiggy.

Night Train
09-04-2011, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't be happy if he missed the game, gives everyone an excuse to say the Bills won because of injuries.

I agree but after 11 years of frustration, I'm not proud.

So i hope the team accepts my Mama Cassel brownies I mailed, laced with laxitives.

YardRat
09-04-2011, 07:47 PM
At the end of the day, very few people remember or care about specific circumstances...just a win or a loss.

IAG
09-04-2011, 08:06 PM
He will play.

rcd333
09-04-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/04/3121062/chiefs-qb-cassel-has-rib-injury.html#ixzz1X27UmLm2

YardRat
09-04-2011, 09:18 PM
lol...espn has Stanzi as #2, kcchiefs.com still has Brodie Croyle...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

ZAZusmc03
09-04-2011, 09:27 PM
The only factor in the game against KC will be if we can stop the run. Lets be honest here, the QB doesnt matter much

kishoph
09-04-2011, 09:31 PM
He will play.

I'm going to guess he misses the game, too early in the season to risk further damage.

YardRat
09-04-2011, 09:33 PM
The only factor in the game against KC will be if we can stop the run. Lets be honest here, the QB doesnt matter much

I like our chances better stacking the box against Palko or Stanzi than Cassell.

Edwards better have a few nifty run blitzes up his sleeve.

Ickybaluky
09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Cassel is a tough kid, I'd bet he plays. I think he is a pretty good QB, but his big weakness is he holds the ball too long, so this type of injury is a concern because he will get hit.

paladin warrior
09-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Matt Cassel is going to play with cracked Rib . He crazy, Marcell Dareus and Merriman are to powerful sacks :hurt: -Matt Cassel in 1st QRT

mikemac2001
09-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Matt Cassel is going to play with cracked Rib . He crazy, Marcell Dareus and Merriman are to powerful sacks :hurt: -Matt Cassel in 1st QRT

Yes love his post

Oaf
09-04-2011, 11:32 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/9/4/2405192/matt-cassel-injury-status-ribs
(http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/9/4/2405192/matt-cassel-injury-status-ribs)

Chance he misses. I agree with the sentiment though. Not only are we, the BILLS, pretty much as likely to lose w/ a rook or Palko at the helm, but I'd prefer a win against a competent opponent.

Surely would take a weak win over a strong loss though. Think BCS is Cassel is in, plays gingerly, and we clamp down on J Charles as much as possible.

Meathead
09-05-2011, 12:01 AM
kc can start anybody they want, bills are still going in there to put a beat on em

kishoph
09-05-2011, 04:10 AM
kc can start anybody they want, bills are still going in there to put a beat on em

It's going to be a good 1st test for the run Defense.

kishoph
09-05-2011, 07:22 AM
ESPN radio said their "sources" say that CASSEL will miss the game.
I don't know if PAT MORAN or nfldraftscout (the Twitter guy) have confirmed this. :boost:

gochiefs
09-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Adam Schefter said that the feeling is Matt Cassel (rib) will be able to play Sunday.

gggbills
09-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Adam Schefter said that the feeling is Matt Cassel (rib) will be able to play Sunday.

Stop the run and the Bills will win, regardless of who plays QB for KC.

Justin C
09-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Maybe the Chiefs will sign Trent Edwards and play him Sunday. We can only dream right?

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
09-05-2011, 04:10 PM
or... they could give him a shot, and have him wear a rib jacket.

I was QB on my high school football team and I hurt my rib. Went into the locker room at halftime the trainer dosed me up with a shot and had me wear a rib jacket for the rest of the game.

gochiefs
09-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Cassel says he'll start at QB in Chiefs' opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/05/3122536/cassel-says-hell-start-at-qb-in.html#ixzz1X7TJLV4q)

gggbills
09-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Cassel says he'll start at QB in Chiefs' opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/05/3122536/cassel-says-hell-start-at-qb-in.html#ixzz1X7TJLV4q)

See post #35

better days
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Great, that way you have no excuses when the Chiefs lose. Well, other than Cassel played injured.

gochiefs
09-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Great, that way you have no excuses when the Chiefs lose. Well, other than Cassel played injured.

The Chiefs are not losing to the worst team in the NFL at home.

gggbills
09-05-2011, 06:55 PM

Do you guys play the Pathers at home this year? Smile

gochiefs
09-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Two things the Panthers have that the Bills don't:

1. A defense.

2. An offensive line

gggbills
09-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Two things the Panthers have that the Bills don't:

1. A defense.

2. An offensive line

Really?? They just signed one of our offensive line cuts, are you sure they have an offensive line? I was not aware they had a defense, did they get this defense before or after they earned the first pick in the 2011 draft??

I do not remember the exact amount of rushing yards we gave up to KC last year, feels like it was close to 300. And we still only lost by 3 in OT. I figure with our new additions on defense, and another year into the system if we can get that 300 down to say 140 or so.....we have a great chance at taking this game.

By the way, I heard someone hurt their hand in a fight in the KC locker room. Who was that person and are they ok to play now?

gochiefs
09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Really?? They just signed one of our offensive line cuts, are you sure they have an offensive line? I was not aware they had a defense, did they get this defense before or after they earned the first pick in the 2011 draft??

I do not remember the exact amount of rushing yards we gave up to KC last year, feels like it was close to 300. And we still only lost by 3 in OT. I figure with our new additions on defense, and another year into the system if we can get that 300 down to say 140 or so.....we have a great chance at taking this game.

By the way, I heard someone hurt their hand in a fight in the KC locker room. Who was that person and are they ok to play now?

You guys would kill for Jordan Gross. Don't lie.

Their linebackers are the best in the NFL (for a 4-3) and they have one of the top defensive ends in the NFL.

Should I keep going?

PromoTheRobot
09-05-2011, 08:32 PM

I hope you stop by after the game...but you probably won't because you'll be too embarrassed after the Chiefs lose to us.

PTR

gggbills
09-05-2011, 08:36 PM
You guys would kill for Jordan Gross. Don't lie.

Their linebackers are the best in the NFL (for a 4-3) and they have one of the top defensive ends in the NFL.

Should I keep going?

Smile, I must admit I do not know a lot about the Pathers, but I find it hard to believe that they have the best 4-3 linebackers in all of football. You would think with that and their offensive line the odds makers would be a bit more kind to them.

I would not kill to get Jordan Gross on my team. Perhaps arm robbery but no killing! As far as our game.....I think it will be much like last year's game, tight and down to the wire. These week 1 games are really hard to call.

gochiefs
09-05-2011, 08:45 PM
I hope you stop by after the game...but you probably won't because you'll be too embarrassed after the Chiefs lose to us.

PTR

I've been registered on this forum longer than you have.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2011, 08:48 PM
The Bengals are the worst team in the NFL.

gochiefs
09-05-2011, 09:26 PM
The Bengals are the worst team in the NFL.

Another team with a fine offensive line and a very good defense.

Just picking teams with rookie quarterbacks doesn't make the Bills any better.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Just picking teams with rookie quarterbacks doesn't make the Bills any better.

OK. If you say so.

How about San Fran?
Or Washington?

Rustbelt
09-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Gochiefs, we aren't the worst team in the NFL. It is not in the fortunes of the Bills to be in a position to draft Andrew Luck. You should know better.

gochiefs
09-05-2011, 09:39 PM
OK. If you say so.

How about San Fran?
Or Washington?

Here's one team (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2010.htm) you could beat:

better days
09-05-2011, 11:04 PM
I've been registered on this forum longer than you have.

So you are saying you will be here win or lose Sunday?

better days
09-05-2011, 11:19 PM

The Bills are not the worst team in the NFL. They were close to the worst last year, & they may be close to the worst again this year, but they are not the worst.

You better hope & pray that the Chiefs win their home opener against the Bills. If not they could very easily be 0-5 going into the bye.

Sept 18 At Detroit - After losing to the Bills, I see the Chiefs losing this game, the Lions have a Big DL & Stafford is going to have a breakout season.

Sept 25 At San Diego- Some people are picking them to go to the Super Bowl. Loss for the Chiefs.

Oct 2 Minnesota- Could go either way, but if the Chiefs lose, 0-4 with an away game coming up

Oct 9 At Indianapolis- Manning healthy, Chiefs lose.

If the Chiefs lose the first 5 games, I doubt they recover from that & Haley is fired at seasons end.

paladin warrior
09-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Cassel says he'll start at QB in Chiefs' opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/05/3122536/cassel-says-hell-start-at-qb-in.html#ixzz1X7TJLV4q):limpclap:GOOD bring over Jackwagon.:clap: Marcell Darceus & Merriman will sack Cassel real hard on the ground, I want to see Cassel Hurt how bad is. Cassel will break aother rib. If Cassel want to play open season. He should stay for rest in couple week. He really want to play. :sumo: He ask for it.:bringit:

paladin warrior
09-06-2011, 12:20 AM
GOchiefs. Kc will be last place of AFC west team Division this yr
1.Chargrer
2.Denver
3.Raider
4.KC

psubills62
09-06-2011, 01:01 AM
This guy seriously thinks the Bengals and Panthers are not only better than the Bills, but have good defenses? Wow.

Thank goodness gochiefs thinks Kansas City is going to win. Makes me feel better about our chances.

ZAZusmc03
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
This guy seriously thinks the Bengals and Panthers are not only better than the Bills, but have good defenses? Wow.

Thank goodness gochiefs thinks Kansas City is going to win. Makes me feel better about our chances.

Seriously, He shows a complete lack of knowledge of the rest of the NFL, let alone his own team. I facepalm myself everytime I read one of his moronic posts.

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Seriously?

Name a better group of 4-3 linebackers in the NFL:

Jon Beason, Thomas Davis, James Anderson.

You can't.

Throw in Charles Johnson, Chris Gamble and Sione Fua and you have a solid defense.

The Bills don't have a single player as good as a guy like Charles Johnson.

FYI, the Bengals have had a good defense for about 2-3 years now: Nate Clements, Leon Hall, Thomas Howard, Carlos Dunlap, Rey Maualuga, Manny Lawson...solid collection of talent.

ZAZusmc03
09-06-2011, 11:00 AM
That solid D of Cincis allowed us to put up 49 last season....

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, one game negates the fact that the Bengals ranked 15th overall, and 4th the year before.

psubills62
09-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Seriously?

Name a better group of 4-3 linebackers in the NFL:

Jon Beason, Thomas Davis, James Anderson.

You can't.

Throw in Charles Johnson, Chris Gamble and Sione Fua and you have a solid defense.

The Bills don't have a single player as good as a guy like Charles Johnson.

FYI, the Bengals have had a good defense for about 2-3 years now: Nate Clements, Leon Hall, Thomas Howard, Carlos Dunlap, Rey Maualuga, Manny Lawson...solid collection of talent.
I have no problem saying their LB's are good. But beyond them and Johnson, they've got nothing. Gamble is their top corner who was benched last season because of poor performance which has carried over into this year. Fua is a freaking third round rookie who shouldn't be starting for anyone. Are you freaking kidding? 4-3 teams need a good DL - Carolina's defense is crap outside of a one-year wonder (in his contract year, no less).

What's funny is that you say they've had a good defense for 2-3 years...then proceed to list three guys that they signed this offseason. They've got some name guys - Dunlap and Michael Johnson are both good at sacking the QB and Hall is a good CB. Beyond those guys and Peko, nobody on that D has proven much of anything.

Panthers right now have an awful defense. Cincy's defense is decent, but nowhere near good enough to save them from their offense. Cincy was 24th in the league last year in points allowed. Not sure I'd be praising them as "very good."

psubills62
09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Yes, one game negates the fact that the Bengals ranked 15th overall, and 4th the year before.
24th in points allowed last year.

paladin warrior
09-06-2011, 11:40 AM
GOchiefs LOOK ur Schedules:nervous:

Bills VS KC -KC lost
lion vs kc lost
Charger vs kc lost
Minn vs kc lost
Colts vs kc lost
Bye
Oak vs kc win
Charger vs kc lost
Mia vs Kc lost
Denver vs KC lost
N.E Vs kc Lost
Pitts vs KC Lost
Bears vs Kc lost
Jets VS kc Lost
Green Bay vs KC lost
oak vs KC win
Den vs kc lost

2-14:laughing:
KC play the hardest the schedules this yr

better days
09-06-2011, 11:44 AM
GOchiefs LOOK ur Schedules:nervous:

Bills VS KC -KC lost
lion vs kc lost
Charger vs kc lost
Minn vs kc lost
Colts vs kc lost
Bye
Oak vs kc win
Charger vs kc lost
Mia vs Kc lost
Denver vs KC lost
N.E Vs kc Lost
Pitts vs KC Lost
Bears vs Kc lost
Jets VS kc Lost
Green Bay vs KC lost
oak vs KC win
Den vs kc lost

2-14:laughing:
KC play the hardest the schedules this yr

You gave KC 2 wins against the Raiders. The Raiders swept the division last year so they will probably win one of those games.

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
24th in points allowed last year.

Their offense turned the ball over a lot.

You basically know nothing about the NFL if you think the Bills have a better defense than Carolina or Cincy.

better days
09-06-2011, 11:53 AM

You basically know nothing about the NFL if you think the Bills have a better defense than Carolina or Cincy.

You still have not responded, will you come back on this board after the game win or LOSE?

Mindbender
09-06-2011, 11:54 AM

You can't be serious. :laughing:

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 11:55 AM
You still have not responded, will you come back on this board after the game win or LOSE?

I would think my registration date answers that question.

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 11:58 AM
You can't be serious. :laughing:

I know for a fact that you have one elite player on your defense.

The Panthers have an elite LB corps and an elite DE.

The Bengals are well stocked at almost every position.

These aren't top 10 defenses but the Bills are going to be bringing up the rear on defense.

I feel pretty confident in saying the Panthers and Bengals will have better defenses than Buffalo.

Sorry if that pisses you off.

psubills62
09-06-2011, 12:03 PM

Show me where I said the Bills had a better defense than Cincy. I think they've got an average at best defense, which doesn't make up for the horrible sight that is their offense. Overall, Bills have a better team, IMO.

You know absolutely nothing if you think that four good players make a "very good" defense. Carolina's defense is horrid. Have no idea how you can even pretend otherwise.

paladin warrior
09-06-2011, 12:03 PM
You gave KC 2 wins against the Raiders. The Raiders swept the division last year so they will probably win one of those games. Raiders are stink. Raiders have Bad def and bad new HC. YEs I gave u 2 win. OR U want Kc lose all game 0-16

psubills62
09-06-2011, 12:06 PM

These aren't top 10 defenses but the Bills are going to be bringing up the rear on defense.

I feel pretty confident in saying the Panthers and Bengals will have better defenses than Buffalo.

Sorry if that pisses you off.
Haha, just because they have a good 4-3 LB corps doesn't mean they're elite. And forgive me if I want to see more than just a contract year money grab out of their "elite" DE. Do it for more than a year - that will make Johnson elite.

It's so hard to take you seriously at this point.

better days
09-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I would think my registration date answers that question.

WHY would you think that? But I am assuming your post is a yes.

better days
09-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Raiders are stink. Raiders have Bad def and bad new HC. YEs I gave u 2 win. OR U want Kc lose all game 0-16

Well, I think they could go 0-5 before the bye, but I doubt they go 0-16.

paladin warrior
09-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Well, I think they could go 0-5 before the bye, but I doubt they go 0-16.:limpclap::rockout::clap::clap: Better days :bow::clap:

psubills62
09-06-2011, 12:19 PM

And by the way, here's the turnovers:

Cincinnati: 14 fumbles lost, 20 INT's
Buffalo: 18 fumbles lost, 21 INT's.

And considering Cincinnati is going from Palmer, Ochocinco and Owens last year to Andy Dalton, AJ Green and Jerome Simpson...you really think their offense is going to do much better?

Cincinnati had the exact same record as the Bills did last year. Bengals got worse, much worse on offense and about the same on defense. Bills got better on defense and slightly worse on offense (if you think Evans mattered that much).

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Haha, just because they have a good 4-3 LB corps doesn't mean they're elite. And forgive me if I want to see more than just a contract year money grab out of their "elite" DE. Do it for more than a year - that will make Johnson elite.

It's so hard to take you seriously at this point.

James Anderson and Jon Beason are elite players at their position.

Thomas Davis is if he stays healthy.

Charles Johnson has been an effective player for a lot more than one year. He finally got more snaps last season, and that was why he exploded.

There is no way you can say with a straight face the Bills have anyone close to Johnson, Anderson, Beason or Davis on their defense.

better days
09-06-2011, 12:27 PM

Charles Johnson has been an effective player for a lot more than one year. He finally got more snaps last season, and that was why he exploded.

There is no way you can say with a straight face the Bills have anyone close to Johnson, Anderson, Beason or Davis on their defense.

Dareus, Williams & Merriman will make a BILLEVER out of you on Sunday.

psubills62
09-06-2011, 12:29 PM

Sure I can. Merriman has looked dominant and Kyle Williams is an elite DT (since you love to throw that word around like candy). And yes, that's without mentioning Dareus, who probably won't be elite this year but has every sign of being elite down the road.

Might want to mention Beason's health as well, considering he just had three screws inserted into his foot.

What you don't seem to understand is that 3-4 guys do NOT make a defense. Yes, Carolina has better LB's than we do. That being said, three out of four of their DL are average at their best and their secondary is a mess. We may not have quite as many "elite" players, but they have NOTHING outside of those guys - we've got what appears to be a pretty solid defense all around, in my opinion.

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Again with the Merriman? Jesus.

He is never going to be close to elite ever again.

paladin warrior
09-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Sorry if that pisses you off.Sun, Nov 21
That was last yr
http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/3.6/img/logos/teams-matte-80x53/BUF.png (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=BUF) Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=BUF)

http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/3.6/img/logos/teams-matte-80x53/CIN.png (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=CIN) Bengals (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=CIN)

FINAL
Bills beat Bengals
This yr Bengals getting worse offenive, and def.. And Bill's is getting alots better Def this ys

'

paladin warrior
09-06-2011, 01:04 PM

He is never going to be close to elite ever again. U miss something ???
Marcell Dareus will going be elite :nervous:

EDS
09-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Show me where I said the Bills had a better defense than Cincy. I think they've got an average at best defense, which doesn't make up for the horrible sight that is their offense. Overall, Bills have a better team, IMO.

You know absolutely nothing if you think that four good players make a "very good" defense. Carolina's defense is horrid. Have no idea how you can even pretend otherwise.

Not really an apples to apples comparison when you are talking about the Bills defense versus teams like Carolina and Cinncinati. Generally, both those teams will be starting and playing a lot more yound players then the Bills, who have a veteran starting defense. Bills have a lot of youngsters in back-up roles but they won't be getting the experience that the Bengals and Panthers young starters will be getting - Dareus being the obvious exception for the Bills.

better days
09-06-2011, 01:18 PM

We can address this again after Sunday.

psubills62
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Even if he's not, that doesn't mean my point is invalid. Assuming 3-4 good/great players means they have a great defense is patently untrue.

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Where did I say they had a great defense?

The only thing I said is their D was better than Buffalo's....and that is not hard to do.

mysticsoto
09-06-2011, 01:45 PM

And you know this...how?

psubills62
09-06-2011, 02:09 PM

The only thing I said is their D was better than Buffalo's....and that is not hard to do.

Not last year, no. This year Buffalo's defense should be much improved. Will it be? Remains to be seen, but I haven't seen anything from Carolina indicating they'll even be close to average on D.

And by the way, this is where:

better days
09-06-2011, 02:51 PM

You can tell other Chiefs fans when the Bills come to town, they will be bringing a MUCH BIGGER defense than last year.

It remains to be seen just how good the Bills defense will be but I guarantee that they will be BIGGER & BETTER than last year.

mysticsoto
09-06-2011, 02:59 PM
You can tell other Chiefs fans when the Bills come to town, they will be bringing a MUCH BIGGER defense than last year.

It remains to be seen just how good the Bills defense will be but I guarantee that they will be BIGGER & BETTER than last year.

Me personally...I think this defense is going to surprise alot of people...

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Not last year, no. This year Buffalo's defense should be much improved. Will it be? Remains to be seen, but I haven't seen anything from Carolina indicating they'll even be close to average on D.

And by the way, this is where:

The Bengals have a very good defense. They were 5th in the league two years ago.

psubills62
09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
The Bengals have a very good defense. They were 5th in the league two years ago.
Two years ago is not 2010 or 2011. And considering you said "ANOTHER team," I'm assuming that's in reference to Carolina, who was the other team being talked about.

If two years ago is all you've got, doesn't seem to be much of an argument.

justasportsfan
09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
can't use 2 years ago because 2 years ago the chiefs were horrible and the bills beat KC. Different teams back then

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes, but the Bengals largely have the same talent, and then some.

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I mean seriously....just look at their depth chart. That is a fairly stacked D.

You guys are counting on a rookie and a guy with a bad knee.

No comparison.

justasportsfan
09-06-2011, 03:40 PM
you can say the same thing about the bills.

psubills62
09-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Same "talent" that landed them with a 4-12 record last year, you mean?

psubills62
09-06-2011, 03:41 PM

No comparison.
If we were in college it's a stacked D. 24th in the NFL is not stacked.

better days
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM

No comparison.

We are counting on them. We are also counting on every vet being in this system a year & knowing it much better & BETTER & BIGGER LBs than last year.

gochiefs
09-06-2011, 06:31 PM
The computers say you lose.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?powerRankingsType=predictions

better days
09-06-2011, 06:38 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?powerRankingsType=predictions

I just visted a Chiefs board. After reading that board, I must say you seem more knowledgeable & rational than many Chiefs fans.

They actually think the Chiefs are a good team because they made the playoffs last year & that Cassel is a good QB.

Well, here is a clue, the Chiefs made the playoffs because they play in the AFC West. The only conference that is worse in the entire NFL is the NFC West. That & Cassel is not all that either.

Cleve
09-07-2011, 11:39 AM
ESPN ranks the Chiefs 18, the Bills 30th. So I guess we need every injury possible to our opponents in order to stand a chance

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

BTW, 18 months of Nix-Gailey has moved us up 1 spot on the Power Rankings - think we were at 31 a while back. At the current rate of 'improvement' under the new regime, we'll get into the top 10 around the year 2030 or so. LMFAO!

better days
09-07-2011, 11:42 AM
ESPN ranks the Chiefs 18, the Bills 30th. So I guess we need every injury possible to our opponents in order to stand a chance

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

BTW, 18 months of Nix-Gailey has moved us up 1 spot on the Power Rankings - think we were at 31 a while back. At the current rate of 'improvement' under the new regime, we'll get into the top 10 around the year 2030 or so. LMFAO!

Well, Profootballtalk.com has the Bills at #24 & also the most likely team to be on the rise.

paladin warrior
09-07-2011, 01:15 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?powerRankingsType=predictions What!! You think that computer is 100% correct all team who going to win and lose. You freak moron Gochief, Are you NERD or What. Computer is a data programs. It better with Jimmy Johnson,Terry Bradshaw,Howie Long,Jame Brown think team can win or lose. Human think 50/50 change. Also Power rank is just begining and I dont believe that ***** bills were #30. Maybe couple week or so. Bills rank will go up and maybe chiefs go down to the bottom