X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Hangartner

I just read that his old team the Carolina Panthers just signed Hangartner & he is expected to start this Sunday. With all of the teams in the league that need Oline help, you would think the Bills could have at least received a low rnd pick for him.
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Hangartner

Originally posted by better days
    I just read that his old team the Carolina Panthers just signed Hangartner & he is expected to start this Sunday. With all of the teams in the league that need Oline help, you would think the Bills could have at least received a low rnd pick for him.
    The Bills need o-line help. They should have kept him.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

he wasnt any better than our 3 backups or starters so he had to go.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
        Maybe so with his salary. My point is that the Bills got nothing for him when he is better than what many teams do have.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Wasn't better than Colin Brown? Hah

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
            Because the Bills offensive line is so good, now they're working out Michael Jasper at Right Tackle...

-Bill

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

The PS is a good spot for Jasper...I'm sure he's still putting in time at NT for the scout team also.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

bills were only about 4.5 under the cash cap (now at 7 mil) and still have joker roscoe and fitz to extend this season. i liked hangartner as an interior backup but he had his limitations so going with a younger bigger and hopefully higher top end player makes sense all around. hes good enough to start when you aint got nuthin better but thats about it. efforts were obviously made to trade him, thats sop, there were no takers
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

This OL is a disgrace to football.
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Meathead
                    bills were only about 4.5 under the cash cap (now at 7 mil) and still have joker roscoe and fitz to extend this season. i liked hangartner as an interior backup but he had his limitations so going with a younger bigger and hopefully higher top end player makes sense all around. hes good enough to start when you aint got nuthin better but thats about it. efforts were obviously made to trade him, thats sop, there were no takers
                    But we are $20M under the actual salary cap. I could give a s**t about the self-induced cash to crap. Imagine if we had kept Evans (versus Ruvell Martin) and signed a couple of $5M per year O-linemen. We'd still be about $7M under the cap, and have a chance at a decent season.

F' the bean counting Bills.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                      wtf is the "cash cap"?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

releasing hangartner was unforgivable. a team that has no real starters aside from wood and levitre and they don't want to pay $3mm for depth or a possible starter. and they try to say with a straight face that they are building a winner.

the 90 bills kept rob riddick until thurman was ready to go. this team is hardly a winner, but some of the people they are letting go are parts to get them to the next level. this rebuild will take another 2-3 years at this pace.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I'm sorry but he was getting moved around with ease by DT's in the practices & games I saw. The AFC East is loaded with huge DT's & he was overmatched.

Maybe in a zone blocking scheme stressing smaller OL... but not here.

Thanks for your service but it was time to go.
                          Last edited by Night Train; 09-05-2011, 05:43 PM.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            releasing hangartner was unforgivable. a team that has no real starters aside from wood and levitre and they don't want to pay $3mm for depth or a possible starter. and they try to say with a straight face that they are building a winner.

the 90 bills kept rob riddick until thurman was ready to go. this team is hardly a winner, but some of the people they are letting go are parts to get them to the next level. this rebuild will take another 2-3 years at this pace.
                            Riddick's last season w/the Bills was '88, Thurman's rookie year, but they also had Ronnie Harmon at the time.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

People down here are glad to have him back. Guys at the office who already regularly rip on me for my Bills stuff at work, asked why we let him go. I either responded with the finger or "its the Bills, why not?"
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X