PDA

View Full Version : Hangartner

better days
09-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I just read that his old team the Carolina Panthers just signed Hangartner & he is expected to start this Sunday. With all of the teams in the league that need Oline help, you would think the Bills could have at least received a low rnd pick for him.

EDS
09-05-2011, 01:12 PM
I just read that his old team the Carolina Panthers just signed Hangartner & he is expected to start this Sunday. With all of the teams in the league that need Oline help, you would think the Bills could have at least received a low rnd pick for him.

The Bills need o-line help. They should have kept him.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-05-2011, 01:38 PM
he wasnt any better than our 3 backups or starters so he had to go.

better days
09-05-2011, 02:05 PM

Maybe so with his salary. My point is that the Bills got nothing for him when he is better than what many teams do have.

Oaf
09-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Wasn't better than Colin Brown? Hah

BLeonard
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Because the Bills offensive line is so good, now they're working out Michael Jasper at Right Tackle...

-Bill

YardRat
09-05-2011, 03:07 PM
The PS is a good spot for Jasper...I'm sure he's still putting in time at NT for the scout team also.

Meathead
09-05-2011, 04:03 PM
bills were only about 4.5 under the cash cap (now at 7 mil) and still have joker roscoe and fitz to extend this season. i liked hangartner as an interior backup but he had his limitations so going with a younger bigger and hopefully higher top end player makes sense all around. hes good enough to start when you aint got nuthin better but thats about it. efforts were obviously made to trade him, thats sop, there were no takers

Luisito23
09-05-2011, 04:22 PM
This OL is a disgrace to football.

Jan Reimers
09-05-2011, 04:55 PM
bills were only about 4.5 under the cash cap (now at 7 mil) and still have joker roscoe and fitz to extend this season. i liked hangartner as an interior backup but he had his limitations so going with a younger bigger and hopefully higher top end player makes sense all around. hes good enough to start when you aint got nuthin better but thats about it. efforts were obviously made to trade him, thats sop, there were no takers
But we are $20M under the actual salary cap. I could give a s**t about the self-induced cash to crap. Imagine if we had kept Evans (versus Ruvell Martin) and signed a couple of $5M per year O-linemen. We'd still be about $7M under the cap, and have a chance at a decent season.

F' the bean counting Bills.

OpIv37
09-05-2011, 05:27 PM

wtf is the "cash cap"?

trapezeus
09-05-2011, 05:35 PM
releasing hangartner was unforgivable. a team that has no real starters aside from wood and levitre and they don't want to pay $3mm for depth or a possible starter. and they try to say with a straight face that they are building a winner.

the 90 bills kept rob riddick until thurman was ready to go. this team is hardly a winner, but some of the people they are letting go are parts to get them to the next level. this rebuild will take another 2-3 years at this pace.

Night Train
09-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry but he was getting moved around with ease by DT's in the practices & games I saw. The AFC East is loaded with huge DT's & he was overmatched.

Maybe in a zone blocking scheme stressing smaller OL... but not here.

Thanks for your service but it was time to go.

YardRat
09-05-2011, 05:53 PM
releasing hangartner was unforgivable. a team that has no real starters aside from wood and levitre and they don't want to pay $3mm for depth or a possible starter. and they try to say with a straight face that they are building a winner.

the 90 bills kept rob riddick until thurman was ready to go. this team is hardly a winner, but some of the people they are letting go are parts to get them to the next level. this rebuild will take another 2-3 years at this pace.

Riddick's last season w/the Bills was '88, Thurman's rookie year, but they also had Ronnie Harmon at the time.

ServoBillieves
09-05-2011, 06:34 PM
People down here are glad to have him back. Guys at the office who already regularly rip on me for my Bills stuff at work, asked why we let him go. I either responded with the finger or "its the Bills, why not?"

Beebe's Kid
09-06-2011, 09:28 AM
This is the same guy that many people were crying to be replaced, right? This is the same guy that was somebody else's garbage when we signed him, right? This is the same guy that has not made out line better for one second since he has been here, right?

I agree...it doesn't make any sense why you would get rid of anguy that made 3 million, while not bringing anything the turntable that an UDFA couldn't. That is crazy. I mean, regardless of his actual play, you should keep him because henmade 3 million.

This reminds me of a great quote from Major League:

I thought you said this team didn't have any high priced talent? I forgot about Hangartner, because he's only high priced.

JoeMama
09-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Brian Waters woulda looked nice in a Bills uni.

ddaryl
09-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Hangartner looked like dog poo this entire preseason....

There was no reason to keep him.. and I doubt anyone would have traded a 7th rd pick for the guy... He was a big reason why our OL last year was so pourous, and why Wood is our C.

and if he is starting for Carolina then it's obvious they have major issues.

and the Bills OL is not no where's near a disgrace to football..

LMFAO at this forum.... It's the only thing left to do here is just LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
this team is a joke. god damned bills. i'll be there september 18th to cheer for them though. **** me.