PDA

View Full Version : Peter King says Bills will go 7-9

mysticsoto
09-06-2011, 09:24 AM
He has 8 teams with a worse record than us (including Miami) and 3 teams tied with our record.

We won't be anywhere close to Luck or the 2nd best QB if this pans out to be true...by I thought it was interesting to see. Guess he's not as down on Buffalo this year as he sometimes seems to be...

Of course, any one of our starting Olineman goes down and we easily compete with the Bengals for worst record!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/09/05/peter.king.predictions/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=hp_bn10

JoeMama
09-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Please don't channel Count Jauron from beyond the grave. No more 7-9 ever, please.

djjimkelly
09-06-2011, 09:36 AM
anyone with a brain will understand the D is vastly improved

and coach gailey will figure out how to score points

i truly hope fitz takes the next step becuz next offseason it would be nice to truly need O line and thats it

our front 7 transformation is even a bit shocking to me i knew they would improve it but they have done quite the job in 2 offseasons

The King
09-06-2011, 09:39 AM
I'd like to see us squeak out a close win or two. Instead of always being on the wrong side of close games.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I agree that our D should be much better, although we will make our share of mistakes because we are still relatively young at some positions.

The O really worries me though, with Fitz throwing to inexperienced receivers, behind the worst O-line in the league.

OpIv37
09-06-2011, 09:47 AM
anyone with a brain will understand the D is vastly improved

and coach gailey will figure out how to score points

i truly hope fitz takes the next step becuz next offseason it would be nice to truly need O line and thats it

our front 7 transformation is even a bit shocking to me i knew they would improve it but they have done quite the job in 2 offseasons

The problem with your scenario is that I don't see how Fitz- or any other QB for that matter- could take the next step behind this OL.

trapezeus
09-06-2011, 10:00 AM
this team has been built without injuries in mind. the bills first 4 games will be fine. it's the next 8 that will define them. and as we all know, when adversity calls, the bills run the other way.

i'm hoping for the best, but i just don't see enough depth on this team to be able to withstand any injuries. and we all know the injuries come.

Hope i'm wrong.

ServoBillieves
09-06-2011, 10:07 AM
The O-line is awful, but it seems there weren't enough other white lineman to bring in to block for Fitzy as upgrades. Still surprised Bell has a spot, could've sworn Chan really wanted the only all white line (bumping Levitre for Rinehart.)

Not that that matters, it just kinda surprises me.

In other news, King is wrong. We're going 19-0.

Historian
09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Nice to see King still has a sense of humor.

4-12

Oaf
09-06-2011, 10:13 AM
That would be bad man. Playoffs or BUST!! (literally, on the last pt)

psubills62
09-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Out of curiosity, anyone remember what his prediction was for us last year?

OpIv37
09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
The O-line is awful, but it seems there weren't enough other white lineman to bring in to block for Fitzy as upgrades. Still surprised Bell has a spot, could've sworn Chan really wanted the only all white line (bumping Levitre for Rinehart.)

Not that that matters, it just kinda surprises me.

In other news, King is wrong. We're going 19-0.

Um, Levitre is white too.

justasportsfan
09-06-2011, 10:17 AM
The problem with your scenario is that I don't see how Fitz- or any other QB for that matter- could take the next step behind this OL.

Fitz can and will audible knowing what his OL can or can't do. He did it last year. It's not Fitz I'm worried about, it's his back ups.When Brohm came in to play, the OL was a train wreck. Fitz made the OL look better than it was

OpIv37
09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Of course, any one of our starting Olineman goes down and we easily compete with the Bengals for worst record!!!

You're giving the starters on the OL far too much credit. There won't be much of a drop-off if one of our starters gets injured because they really are no better than their back-ups, with the exception of Wood.

It's what I like to call "Buffalo Bills depth"- our starters would be back-ups on most teams, so there isn't much drop-off between most of them and our actual back-ups.

Ed
09-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't know what he predicted for a record, but he had the Bills 31st in ranking before the 2010 season began.

Beebe's Kid
09-06-2011, 10:27 AM
As Justa said; our O-line was the worst ever, until Fitz came in...then they were starting show improvement etc. Then when Brohm played our O-line was **** again.

It is funny how that works out. I wonder if there is any correlation between that and the fact that QB's that have tons of athletic ability, but no brain, don't seem to pan out in this league.

For what it's worth, our O-line is no worse off than it was a year ago.

justasportsfan
09-06-2011, 10:31 AM
For what it's worth, our O-line is no worse off than it was a year ago.

I can only hope that we are better having had more time to play together compared to last year where these guys were pretty much getting pulled of from the streets and made to play right away.

I also hope they are better run blocking because it will only make it easier for Fitz. Spiller will have to make things happen with a bad OL just like Freddie is able to do.

better days
09-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Fitz can and will audible knowing what his OL can or can't do. He did it last year. It's not Fitz I'm worried about, it's his back ups.When Brohm came in to play, the OL was a train wreck. Fitz made the OL look better than it was

I am most worried about the WR group myself. Stevie & Roscoe are the only receivers with any experience at all, aside from Martin, a journeyman that just joined the Bills.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Since when did Peter King become a Homer?

justasportsfan
09-06-2011, 10:42 AM
I am most worried about the WR group myself. Stevie & Roscoe are the only receivers with any experience at all, aside from Martin, a journeyman that just joined the Bills.

I completely agree. Our passing game is not better without Lee at this point.

Another thing is that if our run D can stop teams from running all over us like last year, we should have more chances to score. I just hope our OL is up to being on the field more often.

EDS
09-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I agree that our D should be much better, although we will make our share of mistakes because we are still relatively young at some positions.

The O really worries me though, with Fitz throwing to inexperienced receivers, behind the worst O-line in the league.

Actually, other than Dareus the starting defense is a veteran group, with at least 6 starters age 30 or over (D. Edwards, A. Davis, N. Barnett, C. Kelsay, T. McGee and G. Wilson). Additional veteran depth includes S. Johnson, K. Morrison, D. Florence and B. Scott, so plenty of experience on the field for th Bills.

TigerJ
09-06-2011, 10:46 AM
He's a good bit more optimistic than our own Ingtar, to be sure. I won't be happy with 7-9, but if it's on the way to better things in the future, I can wait a bit longer for a winner.

Dujek
09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Peter King has a huge man-crush on Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson (just like most people here).

He's been talking of the Bills being much better, and looking better prepared than other teams, ever since he toured all the training camps.

Oaf
09-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I won't be happy unless we win at least as many games as we lose. 8-8+ or 1-15 please.

ServoBillieves
09-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Um, Levitre is white too.

You're right, but I wasn't specific enough, but the news a while back was Levitre at LT.

Levitre was fighting for Bells LT spot, with Rinehart moving to LG and Bell riding the bench, hence being Levitre - Rinehart - Wood - Urbik - Pears.

better days
09-06-2011, 11:39 AM
He's a good bit more optimistic than our own Ingtar, to be sure. I won't be happy with 7-9, but if it's on the way to better things in the future, I can wait a bit longer for a winner.

Well, 7-9 is hopefully much more entertaining than 4-12 & the Bills should still be in position to draft a good QB, even if they have to trade up a bit to do so.

ServoBillieves
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Well, 7-9 is hopefully much more entertaining than 4-12 & the Bills should still be in position to draft a good QB, even if they have to trade up a bit to do so.

BD, the assumption the Bills will ever trade up should be buried by now. If they SERIOUSLY want a young QB to groom (which, if we all remember "Levi was the guy we were targeting all along") then I can see that, but this team wants what can fall in to their lap and get ready.

That being said, I actually like Fitzy. He's got the intelligence, he's got the accuracy, but he has the flaws. We can get someone better through the draft sure, but just like we need line help, there's no drafting until later rounds for help in that area.

This team will fix itself, I have that belief, but it may have to wait until Ralph is gone or when Overdorf isn't in charge of the number crunching. I look forward to this season so they can prove me wrong.

If anyone has ever paid attention to my posts before, they know what I always say... Prove me wrong.

bluerosekiller
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM

I remember being pissed because he had The Bills pegged for a 2-14 season last year at this time.
And, at the end of the day his prediction wasn't too far off numbers-wise, but the team surprised him with how competitive it was vs some of the better teams in the league & he had some good things to say about them throughout the course of the season.
They obviously performed well enough for him to upgrade his expectations for them this year & I agree with him. I really think that they can be a .500 ball club. Which is a definite step in the right direction IMHO.

psubills62
09-06-2011, 02:12 PM
I remember being pissed because he had The Bills pegged for a 2-14 season last year at this time.
And, at the end of the day his prediction wasn't too far off numbers-wise, but the team surprised him with how competitive it was vs some of the better teams in the league & he had some good things to say about them throughout the course of the season.
They obviously performed well enough for him to upgrade his expectations for them this year & I agree with him. I really think that they can be a .500 ball club. Which is a definite step in the right direction IMHO.
Interesting. I'm not going to say he knows all simply because he was somewhat close in record prediction last year, but it lends some credibility to his claim. Then again, he was off by two games and if he's off by two games this year, they could easily be 5-11.

Interesting nonetheless, thanks.