PDA

View Full Version : Jags cut Garrard

Ickybaluky
09-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow. That is a shocker. Going to have Luke McKown start until Blaine Gabbert up to speed. Gabbert is going to be a good player, but I am surprised by this.

Per Jay Glazer:

LINK (http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Glazer)

ZAZusmc03
09-06-2011, 02:04 PM
That really does come to me as a huge surprise. I thought for sure Garrard would be the one starting until Gabbert was ready. Wow.

Philagape
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I bet the Bills make a move for him

DraftBoy
I wonder if Garrard's back is worse than we know.

Mudflap1
I'm not surprised.

1. The Jags are cheap.

2. If Garrard is not going to be the answer and they have their mind made up they really don't want to play him, why pay him good money and keep him around? Might as well have a stop gap until the rookie is ready to play, or be thrown into the fire.

Jon

ZAZusmc03
I bet the Bills make a move for him

I would much rather have him at 2 rather than pigpen.

mysticsoto
09-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I hope Miami doesn't pick him up. Anybody they pick up improves their QB position...LOL!

Ickybaluky
09-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I wonder if Garrard's back is worse than we know.

Doubt it. I think they don't want to pay him because they know Gabbert will be ready sooner than they thought. Gabbert is going to be good, and Garrard's contract calls for him to make $8M this year.

Why pay that to a guy who you aren't going to start much longer. They will use McKown as a bridge to Gabbert.

Scumbag College
09-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Bring him in!

The King
09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Garrad isn't even close to Fitz

Mr. Pink
09-06-2011, 02:17 PM
A real vet backup for Fitz? Bring him in, cut Pigpen.

mysticsoto
09-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Not for Fitz. Bring him in & dump Thigpen!!!

dannyek71
09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Let's go for 3 number 2 quarterbacks on this team.

paladin warrior
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Not for Fitz. Bring him in & dump Thigpen!!! The Dolphins and Panthers may also consider Garrard.

scartown
09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
The jags did the same thing to Leftwich before week 1 in '07. I would rather have DG than Thigpen right now.

EDS
09-06-2011, 02:53 PM

In what way is Fitz better? Gerrard is old and injury prone for sure, but he is an accurate passer which a much longer track record of success compared to Fitz.

trapezeus
09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
funniest part of this is that a week ago, some columnist said that the jags finally have gotten this right. they have their future play caller and aren't rushing him into service and will allow him to get up to speed this year.

and there were quotes of jag players all supporting garrard as their starter.

and there are the jags doing a buffalo bill. having piecse to get them to respectabilty and then blowing it by making the same mistake they've made countless of other times.

Nice. They must have gotten a good deal on seat tarps this offseason.

Forward_Lateral
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Garrard sucks. He's a big game choker, and is nothing but a serviceable NFL starter or a good backup.

Forward_Lateral
09-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I bet he ends up in Indy, btw.

tatersalad
09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Can he offer anything to the Bills?

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
some of the money jacksonville paid him.

Beebe's Kid
09-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Can he offer anything to the Bills?
Garrard gets a bad rap. If you want to know if he can offer anything to the Bills, consider Thigpen's performances in the PS.

Bill Cody
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
well if they really liked him they wouldn't have drafted Gabbard

Novacane
09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Garrard sucks. He's a big game choker, and is nothing but a serviceable NFL starter or a good backup.

Agreed! And we don't have a good backup. If the price is right I'd dump Thigpen for Garrard.

YardRat
09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Gabbert looked good against the Bills. He's going to be a keeper.

Bill Cody
09-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Pigpen is another B-U-M

RoscoeMagic
09-06-2011, 06:26 PM
If I see another person imply that Thigpen will be released, I'm gonna snap.

ServoBillieves
09-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I know its the internet but how does no one know how spell player names? i'd take peoples opinions more seriously if they could at least get names right...

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2011, 08:06 PM
If I see another person imply that Thigpen will be released, I'm gonna snap.
nobody is saying he will be cut. we are saying that he should be. he ****ing stinks like a pile of hot garbage on a warm humid day.

RoscoeMagic
09-06-2011, 09:12 PM
nobody is saying he will be cut. we are saying that he should be. he ****ing stinks like a pile of hot garbage on a warm humid day.

I'm sure it's comforting forming opinions before giving someone a chance. I wish I was dumb enough to do it.

Philagape
09-06-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm sure it's comforting forming opinions before giving someone a chance. I wish I was dumb enough to do it.

Yeah I think people are being too hard on him for completing 48 percent of his passes this preseason. I'll give him a chance to improve to his 54.2 career rate.

elltrain22
09-07-2011, 05:16 AM
First off, I'm an ECU alum, so I very much hoping the Bills sign Garrard. I think Garrard is a serviceable NFL QB. Probably an ideal backup QB for us, and for alot of teams.

BTW, what a classless and unmotivated franchise Jacksonville is. They bring the guy (Garrard) to a luncheon on Tuesday (yesterday) to drum up interest and sell tickets, then right after the luncheon, they cut him, that is very cruel and disrespectful.

Anyone who worries about B'lo going to LA can breathe a sigh of relief w/ every ill faded move this horrible franchise continues to make.

better days
09-07-2011, 07:42 AM
I bet he ends up in Indy, btw.

I doubt it. He does not fit their offense & it is too late anyway to get him up to speed. The Colts need a QB week one not week 7. Peyton will be healthy by then. The Colts will go with Collins until Manning is ready.

Ickybaluky
09-07-2011, 07:45 AM
BTW, what a classless and unmotivated franchise Jacksonville is. They bring the guy (Garrard) to a luncheon on Tuesday (yesterday) to drum up interest and sell tickets, then right after the luncheon, they cut him, that is very cruel and disrespectful.

I don't know about cruel and disrespectful". It is the NFL, that is how it operates when it comes to personnel. It is a cold, bottom-line business.

However, I heard Parcells on the radio and he made a very good point. What message did they just send their team on the eve of the season? They can say money wasn't a factor, but they are basically saying we are rebuilding around the rookie QB, and we are just going to tread water until he is ready. The team just got the message that winning right now isn't a priority.

Jan Reimers
09-07-2011, 07:48 AM
I don't know about cruel and disrespectful". It is the NFL, that is how it operates when it comes to personnel. It is a cold, bottom-line business.

However, I heard Parcells on the radio and he made a very good point. What message did they just send their team on the eve of the season? They can say money wasn't a factor, but they are basically saying we are rebuilding around the rookie QB, and we are just going to tread water until he is ready. The team just got the message that winning right now isn't a priority.
The Bills have been sending that message for 11 years and counting.

Oaf
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
The Dolphins and Panthers may also consider Garrard.
Is anyone else struck by this post as.... strange in any way?