PDA

View Full Version : Ruvell Martin released v-text

BidsJr
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Nm

Night Train
09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
LOL. All those feel good stories on him and a day later...gone.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2011, 04:27 PM
So, we add a big, slow, unathletic RT in Young, release a journeyman WR in Martin, and round out our PS with a nonentity CB in Doyle Miller.

In the meantime, Antonio Coleman and Naaman Roosevelt - guys who actually played well last year and in this preseason - are still sitting out there.

Another day in Billsland.

trapezeus
09-06-2011, 04:27 PM
kind of sucks that the buffalo news had an article on him this mornign saying he really hopes to stick with a team this time.

Poor guy.

DraftBoy
09-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Dont get cutting Martin for him. You lose a KR coverage guy to add an OL? Interesting move to say the least.

justasportsfan
09-06-2011, 05:05 PM
this says we want to run the ball all year

YardRat
09-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Dont get cutting Martin for him. You lose a KR coverage guy to add an OL? Interesting move to say the least.

Should've pitched a LBer, but...

KR isn't really going to be a concern...returns seemed to increase as the preseason progressed, but now that the games mean something look for more touchbacks/less returns.

As far as PR's, isn't that one of the reasons Jones made the team last season?

ChristopherWalken
09-06-2011, 05:13 PM
In the Bills defense at least they realize they have a depth issue at OL and the exact opposite at WR. I mean it may be a poor attempt at filling a much needed hole but at least its an attempt.

Extremebillsfan247
09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
In the Bills defense at least they realize they have a depth issue at OL and the exact opposite at WR. I mean it may be a poor attempt at filling a much needed hole but at least its an attempt.True, but it doesn't help to know that Dallas cut him (Sam Young) to make room for Derrick Dockery. lol JMO

ParanoidAndroid
09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
So, we add a big, slow, unathletic RT in Young, release a journeyman WR in Martin, and round out our PS with a nonentity CB in Doyle Miller.

In the meantime, Antonio Coleman and Naaman Roosevelt - guys who actually played well last year and in this preseason - are still sitting out there.

If Roosevelt and Coleman were not added to the practice squad, it is likely due to other teams possible interest in adding them. Coleman and Roosevelt will be on someone's active roster after week one so the team picking them up does not have to guarantee their salary.

better days
09-06-2011, 06:49 PM
True, but it doesn't help to know that Dallas cut him (Sam Young) to make room for Derrick Dockery. lol JMO

I wonder if Dockery will still pine for the Redskins like he did while on the Bills.

The Jokeman
09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking the Bills like the chances of Lindell making a lot of touchbacks with the new KR rule and/or don't plan on scoring a lot of points so KR will be very limited.

Mahdi
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
So how is it that we are going into the season with only 5 WRs on the active roster? Especially for a team that plays a lot of spread offense...

Dr. Pepper
09-06-2011, 09:46 PM

but they know better than us, remember?? :laughing:

BillsWin
09-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Meh. :idunno:

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2011, 10:55 PM

buddy nix is sly like a fox :rolleyes:

clumping platelets
09-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Donnie Avery is coming :ontome:

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Donnie Avery is coming :ontome:

i would like to see that but this front office has proven to me this summer that it's more worried about signed guys that have little experience and will not improve the team.

Extremebillsfan247
09-07-2011, 06:55 AM
I wonder if Dockery will still pine for the Redskins like he did while on the Bills.Dockery is with the Cowboys now. He is why the Cowboys cut Sam Young.

mysticsoto
09-07-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm a little surprised they didn't add a Tackle to the PS...maybe this was why. With Hairston and Young, they feel they've got back up covered. I would have still looked for a raw UDFA to place there and see if they develop...our worst position on the team should have prospects being developed - even if we plan on spending top rd picks next year on it...

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2011, 07:28 AM
So how is it that we are going into the season with only 5 WRs on the active roster? Especially for a team that plays a lot of spread offense...
Only 5 would dress anyway. Not to mention Brad Smith and Spiller can both split out and line-up as a receiver.

better days
09-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Only 5 would dress anyway. Not to mention Brad Smith and Spiller can both split out and line-up as a receiver.

I hope to see quite a bit of both Spiller & Smith at WR this year starting Sunday.

Jan Reimers
09-07-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm a little surprised they didn't add a Tackle to the PS...maybe this was why. With Hairston and Young, they feel they've got back up covered. I would have still looked for a raw UDFA to place there and see if they develop...our worst position on the team should have prospects being developed - even if we plan on spending top rd picks next year on it...
I agree, mystic. But instead of an OT, we just filled our 8th and last PS spot with a CB, Doyle Miller. And looking at our roster, I see he is listed as Practice Squad/Injured.

Being a Bills' fan is truly an excursion into Bizarro World.

EDS
09-07-2011, 09:52 AM

They do have Brad Smith who could step in and maybe use Spiller some spread wide.