• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOverDolphins
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2003

What's our run D's ceiling this year?

We're already in the basement at 32nd, but our D-Line has improved and if Barnett is healthy that will make it even better. Still, I don't see how we crack Top 20 rush D this year. Still too many holes, imho...my prediction is 24th.
    Last edited by BillsOverDolphins; 09-07-2011, 12:10 AM.
    Oh no!...We suck again!
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: What's our run D's ceiling this year?

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
    We're already in the basement at 32nd, but our D-Line has improved and if Barnett is healthy that will make it even better. Still, I don't see how we crack Top 20 rush D this year. Still too many holes, imho...my prediction is 24th.
    If everyone stays healthy I don't see how they won't easily crack top 20. I'll predict 14.

Run D won't be the issue this season, this season our secondary is going to be abysmally bad. Teams are going to throw early and throw often, keeping the front 7 relatively fresh.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

I actually don't see how we won't be top 15. We have invested heavily in the DL and our top LBs are very good run defenders.

Kelsay if nothing else is strong on the edge and with Dareus in front of him or right beside him he should have an easier go of it.

We know what Merriman can do, KW is a PBer and Edwards is a very good tackler as well. Thats even before we get to the ILBs who are both pretty smart and stout players.

Then we go to our depth and rotation guys who have both added considerable amounts of muscle and weight and who look better players in Troup and Carrington.

A sleeper here is also Kellen Heard, this guy looks like he can be a major contributor. He's huge, strong and gets into the backfield often.

If everyone stays healthy from our top group and our high draft choices from last year show their potential we can be top 10.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

I think it will be a tale of 2 halves of the season. First half we are likely to crack the top 16 in defense. But as the season drags on, weather changes, schedule gets tougher, and injuries start mounting, that could all change. Depending on how much of an effect these things have, we could move up a couple of slots to maybe even 14th overall. But we are likely to slip back further into the low to mid 20's by season's end. JMO

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mad Max
          If everyone stays healthy I don't see how they won't easily crack top 20. I'll predict 14.

Run D won't be the issue this season, this season our secondary is going to be abysmally bad. Teams are going to throw early and throw often, keeping the front 7 relatively fresh.
          While this is true, b'cse the Dline will be creating lots of pressure, I also predict hurried passes which might cause conditions for our ballhawking secondary to capitalize on. All in all, I think it will result in a wash. They will falter at times, but they also will come up with turnovers.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
            • Dec 2002

Hopefully the rate of return is equal to or as high as the pay out.

Could the Bills have one of the most expensive DLines in the league?

2011:
            Marcell Dareus: exact details unsubstantiated but roughly $5 million this year
            Kyle Williams: Roughly $6 million this year
            Dwan Edwards: Cap hit around $5.2 million this year
            Spencer Johnson: $3 million
            Troup: $405k
            Heard: $405k

Will we get valued production from a $20 million dollar DLINE?

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
              Hopefully the rate of return is equal to or as high as the pay out.

Could the Bills have one of the most expensive DLines in the league?

2011:
              Marcell Dareus: exact details unsubstantiated but roughly $5 million this year
              Kyle Williams: Roughly $6 million this year
              Dwan Edwards: Cap hit around $5.2 million this year
              Spencer Johnson: $3 million
              Troup: $405k
              Heard: $405k

Will we get valued production from a $20 million dollar DLINE?
              Good, put the money into the d-line. O-line will come next year.
              At least these guys understand where the game is won.
              I think run d will be much better.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I'm very optimistic about our DL. I think the run D will depend more on how our lbers do. I can see us being in the middle of the pact.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                X