PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt at the Bills facilities

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Via Twitter. No other info at this time

k-oneputt
09-07-2011, 08:03 AM
For what ?

Aiken is better. Hope they are not cutting him loose.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2011, 08:06 AM
He was collecting severance.

Ickybaluky
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
It has been reported that Roosevelt has signed to the PS. The Bills dropped C Michael Switzer from the PS.

mrbojanglezs
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Ya namaan resigned to PS. good news!

BLeonard
09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
It has been reported that Roosevelt has signed to the PS. The Bills dropped C Michael Switzer from the PS.

Yep, just got the V-Text

-Bill

Night Train
09-07-2011, 08:31 AM
World order has been restored.

BillsWin
09-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Good kid, solid player, could develop and contribute. Wise decision.

madness
09-07-2011, 08:49 AM
What?! You're saying there's just only milk in my Cheerios?

psubills62
09-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I may not be fully up on the practice squad, but does this mean they still have a spot open if they added Roosevelt and dropped Switzer?

Night Train
09-07-2011, 09:00 AM
I may not be fully up on the practice squad, but does this mean they still have a spot open if they added Roosevelt and dropped Switzer?

They added a CB yesterday. No empty slots.

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2011, 09:01 AM
No, they signed Doyle Miller yesterday

Jan Reimers
09-07-2011, 09:11 AM
World order has been restored.
Almost. If we followed the Namaan signing with Antonio Coleman, that would do it for me.

Jan Reimers
09-07-2011, 09:22 AM
No, they signed Doyle Miller yesterday
He's shown on the Practice Squad/Injured list on BB.com. Would have made more sense to pick up a healthy guy - like Antonio Coleman.

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 09:27 AM
More moves that don't make a ton of sense...that's not hate, its just that we are dangerously thin at OC and now we cut an OC? This team makes a move and then days later contradicts itself.

Its very infuriating.

Oaf
09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Switzer wasn't going in even if all 5 interior linemen went down. Take it easy.

Besides, Nix said Hang was cut because he couldn't backup the other positions while the other guards (rine, urb, brown) can play all 3.

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Switzer wasn't going in even if all 5 interior linemen went down. Take it easy.

Besides, Nix said Hang was cut because he couldn't backup the other positions while the other guards (rine, urb, brown) can play all 3.

And you honestly believe that despite Hang having done it throughout his entire career including college?

Rarely if ever are the GM and coach telling you the 100% truth during an interview, usually its a partial truth.

The Jokeman
09-07-2011, 11:22 AM
More moves that don't make a ton of sense...that's not hate, its just that we are dangerously thin at OC and now we cut an OC? This team makes a move and then days later contradicts itself.

Its very infuriating.
It's as if they have no plan of attack for developing/acquiring talent whatsoever. Again Ralph Wilson is a great business owner but sadly a horrible football team owner.

Oaf
09-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Rarely if ever are the GM and coach telling you the 100% truth during an interview, usually its a partial truth.

I certainly believe you on that last part. But I watched Hang play with 2nd/3rd level players and was surprised at his ineffectiveness.

Regardless of Nix's truth-telling, I stand by my original statement, "Switzer wasn't going in even if all 5 interior linemen went down. Take it easy."

ddaryl
09-07-2011, 01:30 PM
it's obvious this was a money move. Switzer makes too much money and they cut him from the PS to add Roosevelt who is obviously cheaper

Hangartner looked marginally better then Wang and Wrotto.. He just sucked. He barely could do anything and he was a huge problem for this OL and the run game.

nothing infuriating at all.. Just a guy (nix) who really understands football making tough decisions

mikemac2001
09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
it's obvious this was a money move. Switzer makes too much money and they cut him from the PS to add Roosevelt who is obviously cheaper

Hangartner looked marginally better then Wang and Wrotto.. He just sucked. He barely could do anything and he was a huge problem for this OL and the run game.

nothing infuriating at all.. Just a guy (nix) who really understands football making tough decisions

the one thing i love we are getting bigger on D and Oline

that alone should give some confidence he has an idea what he is doing....also i love this move was disappointed he was cut

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I certainly believe you on that last part. But I watched Hang play with 2nd/3rd level players and was surprised at his ineffectiveness.

Regardless of Nix's truth-telling, I stand by my original statement, "Switzer wasn't going in even if all 5 interior linemen went down. Take it easy."

I agree he's lost something but he's better than Colin Brown.

Switzer going in or not isnt my issue. My issue is that now we have nobody in the system trying to learn any of the interior line roles.

Regardless of what we want to think about Switzer (and I was no fan) we now have nobody behind us at OC. That's just not smart.

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM

Yes because so many of Nix's decisions have panned out thus far. Can we at least allow the guy to pass or fail before we put his name on the wall?

We have zero depth at OC, and limited at OG, we then cut a OC. If that is not a reason to become irritated with some of the moves this franchise has choosen to make then I dont know what is. Im not saying he's a failure or that he sucks, however his moves from a football stand point at time really fail to make much sense.

Beebe's Kid
09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Half the board cried like a ***** when Roosevelt was let go...they bring him back, and that's a terrible decision...

DB, I respect your football knowledge and you opinion, but I would argue that this team could replace Switzer any day of the week. I think the same thing of Roosevelt, for what it is worth.

I am with Jan, as far as Antonio Coleman. I think that was a solid young player, and he would have been near the top of my list to have made the PS. I probably would have had him on the team over Eddins.

madness
09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
As much as I would love to see him on the PS, I'd settle for playing "Where in the World is Antonio Coleman?"

Buddo
09-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Urbik played some center last year. Levitre can also play there, as can Brown.
From his interview, Nix isn't worried about interior depth, but is worried about our OT depth, which is, in part, the reason for signing Young.
In that interview, he was pretty straightforward about what he wants from his linemen, and that's big, and strong. Playing outdoors in adverse conditions quite often, Nix believes that that is what you need to suceed long term. He made the point that teams who play in domes, can take a different approach, if they want to.

Jan Reimers
09-07-2011, 04:51 PM
As much as I would love to see him on the PS, I'd settle for playing "Where in the World is Antonio Coleman?"
I hope he's holed up somewhere on Big Tree Road, waiting for a call from One Bills' Drive.

EDS
09-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Urbik played some center last year. Levitre can also play there, as can Brown.
From his interview, Nix isn't worried about interior depth, but is worried about our OT depth, which is, in part, the reason for signing Young.
In that interview, he was pretty straightforward about what he wants from his linemen, and that's big, and strong. Playing outdoors in adverse conditions quite often, Nix believes that that is what you need to suceed long term. He made the point that teams who play in domes, can take a different approach, if they want to.

Bigger does not mean better. Offensive line starters are at best marginal across the board and depth is absolutely awful anyway you look at it.

YardRat
09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Levitre and Urbick can both play center, and in a pinch we can always sign somebody off of the street and put them in the starting line-up three days later.

Bert102176
09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
for Carolina Hang played g and c

jpdex12
09-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Yes because so many of Nix's decisions have panned out thus far. Can we at least allow the guy to pass or fail before we put his name on the wall?

We have zero depth at OC, and limited at OG, we then cut a OC. If that is not a reason to become irritated with some of the moves this franchise has choosen to make then I dont know what is. Im not saying he's a failure or that he sucks, however his moves from a football stand point at time really fail to make much sense.

What's an OC?

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 10:43 PM
What's an OC?

Offensive Coordinator or Offensive Center

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Half the board cried like a ***** when Roosevelt was let go...they bring him back, and that's a terrible decision...

DB, I respect your football knowledge and you opinion, but I would argue that this team could replace Switzer any day of the week. I think the same thing of Roosevelt, for what it is worth.

I am with Jan, as far as Antonio Coleman. I think that was a solid young player, and he would have been near the top of my list to have made the PS. I probably would have had him on the team over Eddins.

That's the thing though this isn't about Switzer its about cutting a player at position we are already dangerously thin at with no replacement. It doesnt make sense to me. Can we replace that skill level? Yes absolutely but time in the system does mean something if we need a guy in a hurry due to injury.

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Levitre and Urbick can both play center, and in a pinch we can always sign somebody off of the street and put them in the starting line-up three days later.
Urbik can't play guard.

Why do you think he can play center?

YardRat
09-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Urbik can't play guard.

Why do you think he can play center?

You didn't read the whole post, did you?