PDA

View Full Version : Question: Should David Garrard sign with Bills?

cgbm
09-07-2011, 02:20 PM
what are the chances that the bills will be looking at the newly released garrard.

could he be a good fit.

could a vet like him help fitz.

or could he help us win with his big arm and strong legs.

paladin warrior
09-07-2011, 02:23 PM
what are the chances that the bills will be looking at the newly released garrard.

could he be a good fit.

could a vet like him help fitz.

or could he help us win with his big arm and strong legs. IF Garrard is backup and remove Tyler Thigpen (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Tyler-Thigpen/1c8f0463-77fc-4842-9898-231ae834a895)

Novacane
09-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Doubtful.

Bangarang
09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Change the misleading title of the thread please. For a second I thought we would be rid of Thigpen.

Uncle Jesse
09-07-2011, 02:44 PM
0%

No.

No.

No.

mightysimi
09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
So if Fitz struggles for a game or 2 we could have the QB controversy that Buffalo loves...

I say no.

mrbojanglezs
09-07-2011, 03:03 PM
You suck at naming threads

BillsFanCupp38
09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
No... Change the name of the thread

Figster
09-07-2011, 03:22 PM
It will never happen...

trapezeus
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
garrard will be incentivized to sign a deal with indy if/when collins doesn't pan out. then the game where indy and jags play will be hyped up, and it'll be a game won without garrad making a difference.

Bill Cody
09-07-2011, 04:22 PM
The Jags players loved Garrard so much they didn't name him a co captain. Sounds like the kind of mentor we need for Fitz.

cgbm
09-07-2011, 05:23 PM
hahah all good points. just a topic that i thought everyone should think about..

are all of you still thinking that fitz is the answer and future?

Extremebillsfan247
09-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Bills already have time and money invested in Thigpen, or as some refer to him as Pigpen. lol I don't much care for Thigpen. I think he is a lousy QB. I just think it's too late in the season to dump him for Garrard. It would be an extremely questionable and risky move even though Garrard is a better QB. If Fitz were to go down to injury vs KC early, Garrard would be screwed here. He would need at minimum 3 weeks just to prepare to be the backup. Let some other team roll the dice on him. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
09-07-2011, 06:14 PM
hahah all good points. just a topic that i thought everyone should think about..

are all of you still thinking that fitz is the answer and future? Fitz is a solid short term fix at a tough position to find quality talent. He is far from the long term answer and future though. That is likely to come in next years draft. I'd be shocked if the Bills didn't come out of next years draft with a QB regardless of how they do this year. JMO

ServoBillieves
09-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Thigpen is Chan's boytoy, no way we sign Garrard even though I would embrace the move to improve this team... Plenty of backups out there, but "Thigpen fits Chan's system" since he did it once... whatever...

cgbm
09-07-2011, 06:27 PM
i just want to find a way to get rid of fitz. any way we can. and im digging at this point.

i need to accept that fitz will be here at least one more year.

luckely he has a man-tastic beared that i really appreciate as a military man that is not allowed to have one.....

he makes me proud to be an american

RoscoeMagic
09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
0% chance.

But only because Ralph wouldn't pay for two black QBs to be on the roster at the same time....

:sarcasm2:

Couldn't find it in my haste to get it in before I get bashed, but I like that "Caution Sarcasm Included" smiley better.

YardRat
09-07-2011, 06:32 PM
'69-'71 Ralph had both Marlin Briscoe and James Harris.

0% chance.

But only because Ralph wouldn't pay for two black QBs to be on the roster at the same time....

RoscoeMagic
09-07-2011, 06:33 PM
'69-'71 Ralph had both Marlin Briscoe and James Harris.

I was swimming somewhere in my father's ******* at that time, so thanks for that.

bluerosekiller
09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
i just want to find a way to get rid of fitz. any way we can. and im digging at this point.

luckely he has a man-tastic beared that i really appreciate as a military man that is not allowed to have one.....

I wasn't happy at all when Fitz was given the start in so many games in 2009, because I thought he was a sub-par journeyman at best.
Even after his gutsy efforts that season, I was FAR from sold on him as anything more than a back up.
But then, we all witnessed what Trent Edwards had to offer , which was nada. LESS that nothing. His being on the field actually detracted from anything positive that any of the other players on offense could manage to do. So, he HAD to go & I realized that Fitz was the only way to go.
And, though he only took his team to four wins, the were very competitive & could have won at least four other games against some very tough teams had the ball bounced just a bit differently on one or two plays. Games in which, Fitz was a HUGE part of.
With a little bit of new talent to work with & some of last year's talent further developed those balls might just bounce The Bills' way now...
With a full year in the Gaily's system now, I just can't see any reason for Fitz's game to do anything but improve.

Jim

cgbm
09-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I wasn't happy at all when Fitz was given the start in so many games in 2009, because I thought he was a sub-par journeyman at best.
Even after his gutsy efforts that season, I was FAR from sold on him as anything more than a back up.
But then, we all witnessed what Trent Edwards had to offer , which was nada. LESS that nothing. His being on the field actually detracted from anything positive that any of the other players on offense could manage to do. So, he HAD to go & I realized that Fitz was the only way to go.
And, though he only took his team to four wins, the were very competitive & could have won at least four other games against some very tough teams had the ball bounced just a bit differently on one or two plays. Games in which, Fitz was a HUGE part of.
With a little bit of new talent to work with & some of last year's talent further developed those balls might just bounce The Bills' way now...
With a full year in the Gaily's system now, I just can't see any reason for Fitz's game to do anything but improve.

Jim

i agree but the worst starting qb improving still makes a terrible qb. he is not our future and never will be.

give me a 3 active player list that started out bad got a bit better over 4 years and ended up being a teams franchise qb. fact is i cant think of one.

trapezeus
09-08-2011, 10:11 AM
thigpen is just a financial hedge for the bills. they keep him if fitz has a mediocre year and they determine he's not worth what he's asking. they sell him to us as the guy who will teach up the new guy.

now any of us with a brain realize, even if fitz isnt' a great lights out QB, he is a smart guy and truly worth teaching a young qb with talent and intangibles what he knows. thigpen and fitz are not equivalent in those areas.

but like the jags, we'll get a new qb and set him up to fail.

Figster
09-08-2011, 10:15 AM

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a man on a mission,

The spark/ energy Fitz has been generating in the 2011 camp/ preseason is reminiscence of Drew Brees. I've never been a big fan of Fitzpatrick cgbm, but its starting to dawn on me now just how good this Gailey/Fitzpatrick combination may turn out to be. Chan Gailey thinks the world of Fitzpatrick and we are talking about a coach that knows a thing or two about QB's. Gailey thinks so much of Fitz he went out of his way to make sure there would not be a QB controversy in Buffalo this season. Gailey is no dummy, he knows what RW will do If things don't go right at the QB position early on and we have a good backup available, Wilson's going to pressure Gailey into playing the backup. Its not happening with Tyler Thigpen as the backup QB for the Buffalo Bills because nobody wants to see Thigpen behind center in an actual regular season Football game. The only way Gailey gets to keep his QB under center long term for the Buffalo Bills is to win football games.

Chan Gailey is a man on a mission...

cgbm
09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick is a man on a mission,

The spark/ energy Fitz has been generating in the 2011 camp/ preseason is reminiscence of Drew Brees. I've never been a big fan of Fitzpatrick cgbm, but its starting to dawn on me now just how good this Gailey/Fitzpatrick combination may turn out to be. Chan Gailey thinks the world of Fitzpatrick and we are talking about a coach that knows a thing or two about QB's. Gailey thinks so much of Fitz he went out of his way to make sure there would not be a QB controversy in Buffalo this season. Gailey is no dummy, he knows what RW will do If things don't go right at the QB position early on and we have a good backup available, Wilson's going to pressure Gailey into playing the backup. Its not happening with Tyler Thigpen as the backup QB for the Buffalo Bills because nobody wants to see Thigpen behind center in an actual regular season Football game. The only way Gailey gets to keep his QB under center long term for the Buffalo Bills is to win football games.

Chan Gailey is a man on a mission...

i totally agree with that statement.

i just forsee a long season of bad decisions and sub double didget wins...

how long will we give these second tier qb's a chance..

think about it. we havent had a top tier qb since jim kelly and when was that.... over a decade ago....

and just because we drafted schlubs in the first round does not make them top tier. that was horrible drafting

hemi13
09-08-2011, 01:38 PM
He ain't worth 9 million a year, that's for sure ! I'd take him for 3 million on a 1 year and see how he does and yes get rid of Thigpen, but that ain't gonna happen either.

0%