PDA

View Full Version : Muir to call plays for Chiefs

justasportsfan
09-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Muir, 68, has been a coach since 1965; he began working in the NFL in 1978. In those 33 years, Muir has been a coordinator — he was Jon Gruden’s point man on offense in Tampa Bay when the Buccaneers won three division titles and the 2003 Super Bowl — but has never called plays, at least on offense. He did make defensive calls for a time while he was the Indianapolis Colts’ defensive coordinator from 1989-90.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/07/3127699/chiefs-offensive-coordinator-bill.html#ixzz1XMwQwRDK

Goobylal
09-08-2011, 12:15 PM
LOL! Going from Weis to him should be a major upgrade. ;)

better days
09-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Muir, 68, has been a coach since 1965; he began working in the NFL in 1978. In those 33 years, Muir has been a coordinator — he was Jon Gruden’s point man on offense in Tampa Bay when the Buccaneers won three division titles and the 2003 Super Bowl — but has never called plays, at least on offense. He did make defensive calls for a time while he was the Indianapolis Colts’ defensive coordinator from 1989-90.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/07/3127699/chiefs-offensive-coordinator-bill.html#ixzz1XMwQwRDK

Yeah, Gruden ran that offense the way Chan does in Buffalo. Muir was OC in name only on the Bucs.

gochiefs
09-08-2011, 02:17 PM
He's a puppet OC.

Haley is the one pulling the strings.

FYI our passing game sucked last year with Weis so I'm not sure how we can get worse.

better days
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
He's a puppet OC.

FYI our passing game sucked last year with Weis so I'm not sure how we can get worse.

As a Gator fan, I heard Haley pulled the playcalling duties away from Weis about 2/3 into the season last year. That is why he left. Weis has the Gators offense looking GREAT this year.

If you click on the link you will see Muir will call plays this year.............the question is for how many games. Haley is an ass.

WeAreArthurMoates
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
He's a puppet OC.

It didn't suck, he lead that offense to a terrific turnover ratio in the passing game. He made Cassell efficient, not like his first year with KC.

Goobylal
09-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Weis did more than just direct the passing game. And I agree with WeAre that he made Cassel look better than he is.

gochiefs
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
We will be fine without Weis, we hired Jim Zorn.

better days
09-08-2011, 03:07 PM

The problem is Haley is your HC. Zorn will be fed up with him by the end of the year.

gochiefs
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM
That's OK, at least we aren't the Bills.

Goobylal
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM
LOL! You can't be enthused by those 3 points the Chefs' starters scored against the Rams in the 3rd pre-season game.

justasportsfan
09-08-2011, 03:09 PM

Now this is trolling.

gochiefs
09-08-2011, 03:10 PM
LOL! You can't be enthused by those 3 points the Chefs' starters scored against the Rams in the 3rd pre-season game.

If you think I care about preseason you're greatly mistaken.

cookie G
09-08-2011, 03:28 PM
He's a puppet OC.

OH, pretty bad. The Chiefs were about 25th in the NFL when Haley was calling the plays, Weis brought them up to 12th.

So far, Haley's the worst play caller he's had since he's been in KC.

Goobylal
09-08-2011, 03:35 PM
You'll wish you were by the end of the season.

gochiefs
09-08-2011, 06:08 PM
OH, pretty bad. The Chiefs were about 25th in the NFL when Haley was calling the plays, Weis brought them up to 12th.

So far, Haley's the worst play caller he's had since he's been in KC.

Yeah, it had NOTHING to do with the talent on the team. Can you really be that ignorant?

****, Jamaal Charles wasn't even the starting running back for half of the 2009 season, Dwayne Bowe was awful, we had a complete **** offensive line and no Tony Moeaki, no Thomas Jones, etc, etc.

Mike Goff, Ryan O'Callaghan, Rudy Niswanger and Larry Johnson were responsible for the 2009 offense, NOT Todd Haley.

In fact, if you actually look at the Chiefs' offense the last month of 2009, it was quite good.

justasportsfan
09-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah, it had NOTHING to do with the talent on the team. Can you really be that ignorant?

****, Jamaal Charles wasn't even the starting running back for half of the 2009 season, Dwayne Bowe was awful, we had a complete **** offensive line and no Tony Moeaki, no Thomas Jones, etc, etc.

Mike Goff, Ryan O'Callaghan, Rudy Niswanger and Larry Johnson were responsible for the 2009 offense, NOT Todd Haley.

In fact, if you actually look at the Chiefs' offense the last month of 2009, it was quite good.

We would believe you but with all the bleeps, you sound like you're posting out of fear.

gochiefs
09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
That's because talent on the 2009 Chiefs was scary....and not in a good way.

cookie G
09-09-2011, 12:42 AM

Nope, he just sucks as a coordinator, sorry.

Most Chiefs' fans knew it, the smart ones, anyways. They were grateful Charlie Weis came in.

Most still know it.

Too bad too, you were just getting somewhat of an offense.

It'll be like when Al Saunders left and Herm Edwards' lap dog became OC.

Remember Herm in his press conferences about half way through the year saying, "but we're calling the same plays!"

It'll be like that.

gochiefs
09-09-2011, 03:45 AM
He sucks as a coordinator, yet he coached a Super Bowl offense.

Doesn't really add up.

better days
09-09-2011, 09:14 AM

Doesn't really add up.

PLEASE, be serious, you can't really believe Muir was OC in that Super Bowl! That was ALL Gruden. As a Bucs fan I guarantee that. And if you want proof, just buy the DVD of the Bucs Super Bowl year it is on the disc.

cookie G
09-09-2011, 11:34 AM

Doesn't really add up.

It adds up perfectly. He had Warner throwing to Boldin and Fitz.

None of them liked him anyways.

"Fitz, Anquan, go deep, forget what Todd says...RB's be on the lookout for the underneath stuff if they're doubled."

justasportsfan
09-09-2011, 11:47 AM

Doesn't really add up.

He's a puppet OC.

your own comments don't add up.

gochiefs
09-09-2011, 12:13 PM
PLEASE, be serious, you can't really believe Muir was OC in that Super Bowl! That was ALL Gruden. As a Bucs fan I guarantee that. And if you want proof, just buy the DVD of the Bucs Super Bowl year it is on the disc.

I'm talking about Haley.

gochiefs
09-09-2011, 12:15 PM
your own comments don't add up.

I'm. talking. about. Haley.

better days
09-09-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm talking about Haley.

Well, you said he sucks as a coordinator, NOT as HC. Haley has said Muir will be calling the plays the offense runs. (Well, in the first game anyway.)

justasportsfan
09-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm. talking. about. Haley.
gotcha. Thought you were talking about Muir.

better days
09-09-2011, 12:30 PM
gotcha. Thought you were talking about Muir.

After Haley is fired as HC, he will have a hard time getting a job as an OC because of his actions as HC IMO.

justasportsfan
09-09-2011, 12:37 PM
After Haley is fired as HC, he will have a hard time getting a job as an OC because of his actions as HC IMO.

I repsectfully disagree. Josh McDaniels didn't have a problem getting a job. Hell for what it's worth even Dick has a DC job.

better days
09-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I repsectfully disagree. Josh McDaniels didn't have a problem getting a job. Hell for what it's worth even Dick has a DC job.

Dick in spite of what we think of him as a coach is a likeable guy. McDaniels, I don't know about his personality, but I do know Haley has an abrasive personality & has made enemies in the league.

HC's want to work with guys they get along with, not somebody they will be butting heads with is my thought. I do know Wanny is in Buffalo because he & Chan are friends.

gochiefs
09-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Well, you said he sucks as a coordinator, NOT as HC. Haley has said Muir will be calling the plays the offense runs. (Well, in the first game anyway.)

Where did I say that?

And yeah, Muir is calling the plays, but he's still a puppet OC. It's Haley's offense. Muir is calling the game the way Haley wants. Don't be fooled. This is not Muir's baby by any means.

better days
09-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Doesn't really add up.

Here is where you said he sucks as a coordinator. Muir, also coached a Super Bowl offense. (Well, not really it was ALL Gruden, but Muir had the title OC)

better days
09-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Where did I say that?

And yeah, Muir is calling the plays, but he's still a puppet OC. It's Haley's offense. Muir is calling the game the way Haley wants. Don't be fooled. This is not Muir's baby by any means.

Don't be fooled, the person calling plays is in control. Maybe that is the reason Haley keeps taking the playcalling away from his OC's, and he has done that with every OC he has had.

That is the reason he could do no better than Muir for OC. No REAL OC will come to KC & work with him anymore. Haley sounds like a control freak.

Goobylal
09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Martz won a SB as an OC, but was a lousy HC and his offenses have failed to live up to the "greatest show on turf" days. The same thing applies to Haley.

better days
09-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Martz won a SB as an OC, but was a lousy HC and his offenses have failed to live up to the "greatest show on turf" days. The same thing applies to Haley.

Haley reminds me of Gregg Williams. Great coordinator, but terrible HC. Could you imagine those two with their personalities on the same team?

They would be going at each other like Buddy Ryan & Kevin Gilbride.

psubills62
09-09-2011, 02:33 PM
And if memory serves me correctly, both had their best offenses with Kurt Warner at the helm.

gochiefs
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Sorry, but where is the evidence that Haley is terrible?

Taking the Chiefs from 4-12 to 10-6 is pretty hardcore proof otherwise.

gochiefs
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Here is where you said he sucks as a coordinator. Muir, also coached a Super Bowl offense. (Well, not really it was ALL Gruden, but Muir had the title OC)

Yeah, I was quoting the idiot who doesn't understand logic.

psubills62
09-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry, but where is the evidence that Haley is terrible?

Taking the Chiefs from 4-12 to 10-6 is pretty hardcore proof otherwise.
Taking the Dolphins from 1-15 to 11-5 would indicate Sparano is a great coach. The last couple years would prove otherwise. We'll see what happens, but I've got a feeling that thanks to the mirage of a schedule you had last year, your next couple years will be mimicking Miami's fall to mediocrity.

gochiefs
09-09-2011, 03:39 PM
The Dolphins decline has a lot more to do with Chad Henne vs Pennington than anything Sparano has done.

The Chiefs aren't losing a QB so I think they'll continue to win games under Haley.

In any case, there is 0 evidence that says Haley is terrible. Basically it's just haterade at this point.

better days
09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I was quoting the idiot who doesn't understand logic.

I know you did not really mean he sucked, but it was confusing who you were talking about, Haley or Muir.

better days
09-09-2011, 05:21 PM
The Dolphins decline has a lot more to do with Chad Henne vs Pennington than anything Sparano has done.

The Chiefs aren't losing a QB so I think they'll continue to win games under Haley.

In any case, there is 0 evidence that says Haley is terrible. Basically it's just haterade at this point.

Well, you can say the Fins improvement had more to do with the QB than Coach, but I think it can also be said that the Chiefs improvement was due to an unusually EASY schedule last year & not the Coach.

As evidence look at the difficulty the Chiefs had beating the Bills last year. If they were a good team for real, they should have won against the Bills easily at home.

psubills62
09-09-2011, 05:29 PM

There's plenty of evidence if you watched them play. Cassel is an average QB that Weis (and a super easy schedule) made to look good last year. I also think that Miami's decline has had less to do with QB than you believe.

gochiefs
09-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, you can say the Fins improvement had more to do with the QB than Coach, but I think it can also be said that the Chiefs improvement was due to an unusually EASY schedule last year & not the Coach.

As evidence look at the difficulty the Chiefs had beating the Bills last year. If they were a good team for real, they should have won against the Bills easily at home.

The only reason you weren't blown out was Cassel.

The Chiefs running game and D is legit.

better days
09-09-2011, 06:26 PM
The only reason you weren't blown out was Cassel.

The Chiefs running game and D is legit.

But.....but...........but........I could swear I was told Cassel is a good QB. So when the Bills beat the Chiefs Sunday, it will be because of mistakes the Chiefs made according to you right?