PDA

View Full Version : Wow. That is pretty embarrassing MIA fans...

Ickybaluky
09-08-2011, 10:46 AM
MIA is pumping in crowd noise to prepare for the noise from Patriot fans on Monday Night.

In their own stadium. At home. Wow.

LINK (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-hyde-dolphins-patriots-fan-noise-0908-20110907,0,5471125.column?track=rss)

But this Dolphins offseason evidently has turned off fans in such staggering numbers that tens of thousands of Patriots fans are expected to take up the slack for the home opener. Again: Are you kidding me?

"No, never before,'' Sparano said when asked if he'd ever practiced with noise before a home game. "One of the reasons we do it here is we are in South Florida and the New England teams and New York teams, there's a a lot of fans out here.

"They have a good fan base themselves. Somehow they make their way into our stadium."

mrbojanglezs
09-08-2011, 10:52 AM
There were concerns of them selling out did they?

ChristopherWalken
09-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Wow. What next? Maybe one home game a year played in Cuba?

trapezeus
09-08-2011, 10:57 AM
wow, are tickets still easy to get? because november 20 is the bills dolphins game. that might be a fun little weekend trip to skip out on teh beginning of the bad weather.

ServoBillieves
09-08-2011, 11:00 AM
That... that is just hilarious.

justasportsfan
09-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm not surprised. The only time you hear finfans make noise is when they are booing their own players.

trapezeus
09-08-2011, 11:06 AM
to be fair though, miami fans are still just reeling from the choke job of the heat.

Bill Cody
09-08-2011, 12:15 PM
There were concerns of them selling out did they?

If you want to catch the 2nd half just show up outside the stadium at halftime- you'll have about 40000 options

Night Train
09-08-2011, 02:26 PM
All 3 Florida teams are struggling at the gate.

We all know about the Jags and their 18 fans. Tampa is a winner and had all their games blacked out last season.

Nice job, NFL. :bf1: Why don't you put a 4th team in Orlando.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-08-2011, 02:28 PM
scotch and water crowd...

Dozerdog
09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't be so critical. NE fans have purchased tens of thousands of tickets per game in the Ralph for a decade.

Boston fans - especially Red Sox & Patriots fands who- when they can get their hands on seats- pay through the nose. They travel very well and fans plan vacations around it. Go to a Tampa Bay Rays game and there are 10-20,000 sox fans

Pumping in crowd noise is a bit over the top though

better days
09-08-2011, 02:32 PM
All 3 Florida teams are struggling at the gate.

We all know about the Jags and their 18 fans. Tampa is a winner and had all their games blacked out last season.

Nice job, NFL. :bf1: Why don't you put a 4th team in Orlando.

The economy is really hurting everyone in Fla. And to make matters worse, tickets to Bucs games are EXPENSIVE.

mysticsoto
09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
And some people think Buffalo's franchise should be moved?

better days
09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't be so critical. NE fans have purchased tens of thousands of tickets per game in the Ralph for a decade.

Boston fans - especially Red Sox & Patriots fands who- when they can get their hands on seats- pay through the nose. They travel very well and fans plan vacations around it. Go to a Tampa Bay Rays game and there are 10-20,000 sox fans

3/4 of them live down here. Same in Miami MOST of the Jets fans & Pats* fans that go to Fins games LIVE in Fla.

YardRat
09-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Buffalo fans usually represent very well in Miami.

tampabay25690
09-08-2011, 07:08 PM
wow, are tickets still easy to get? because november 20 is the bills dolphins game. that might be a fun little weekend trip to skip out on teh beginning of the bad weather.

very easy to get and cheap..

tampabay25690
09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
The economy is really hurting everyone in Fla. And to make matters worse, tickets to Bucs games are EXPENSIVE.

Just think the Bucs stadium only holds 65,000

BertSquirtgum
09-08-2011, 07:32 PM
:monkeyp: MIAMI DOLPHINS

tampabay25690
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Not that many Sox fans at a Rays game...
Yanks YES....

Mike13
09-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Mediocre product + crappy economy = the non blackout streak may come to an end.
I think this is why the Dolphins must beat the Patriots, make a statement. Get more people to come to the next game.

I think its possible, Henne actually showed improvement after a slow start to the preseason. And I was thrilled that Daboll's offense actually looks modern and his playcalling was aggressive.

Will it all translate to the regular season? I dont know.

BertSquirtgum
09-08-2011, 11:39 PM
My god, I hate the Dolphins. I will never escape the hate. It was ingrained into my head in the late 80's and early 90's.

Demon
09-09-2011, 11:32 AM

In the last decade.... prior to that, Patriots would never even sell out home games.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2011, 11:49 AM
In the last decade.... prior to that, Patriots would never even sell out home games.

The Patriots have sold out every game since mid-1993, covering almost 2 decades. Since Kraft bought the team and they became a top NFL franchise, they have had no trouble selling ticket.

In fact, they have a waiting list with about 60,000 names on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season_ticket_waiting_lists). People pay $100 (http://prod.www.patriots.clubs.nfl.com/tickets/season-tickets/waitlist.html) just to get their name on the list, which also includes certain perks.

Mski
09-09-2011, 12:16 PM
In fact, they have a waiting list with about 60,000 names on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season_ticket_waiting_lists). People pay $100 (http://prod.www.patriots.clubs.nfl.com/tickets/season-tickets/waitlist.html) just to get their name on the list, which also includes certain perks.sounds like the sabres...

in all honesty my cousin lives in miami, and goes to a couple games a year, and even though they may have a "sell out" streak on paper she says most of their seats are owned in large blocks by corporations, and on game day the stadiums at best 65% full... and the Marlins had a home game this year with total attendance under 500

better days
09-09-2011, 12:32 PM
The Patriots have sold out every game since mid-1993, covering almost 2 decades. Since Kraft bought the team and they became a top NFL franchise, they have had no trouble selling ticket.

In fact, they have a waiting list with about 60,000 names on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season_ticket_waiting_lists). People pay $100 (http://prod.www.patriots.clubs.nfl.com/tickets/season-tickets/waitlist.html) just to get their name on the list, which also includes certain perks.

When Brady retires, that list will dwindle.

DraftBoy
09-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Wow. What next? Maybe one home game a year played in Cuba?

Id sign up to go to Cuba, I just would never make it to the game.

Cigars, Mojitos, and Cuban women? Done!