PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous announcements from Ted Black's Live Chat

JD
09-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Home opener:
Party in the plaza, "awesome new team" and some extra special effects for full team intro.

Blue Cross Arena store to add a larger quantity of Sabres gear, the Sabres store to do the same in regards to the Amerks

Ted Black is fully aware that the last All-Star Game was played here in 1978 and he's working to getting us "in line".

Delaware North offering new food options.. media will be invited to try out the new grub in a few weeks

Night Practice Event for Families... September 28th, mark it down.

Team Store is next for renovations.

Question:
Ted, will you be attending Night of Champions next Sunday??

Ted Black:
I have an Oprah book club event that night...
:rofl:

50,000 tickets sold in mini-packs

No new third jersey.. this year

Ted looking into hosting the NHL draft in the coming years..

Labatt party tent in plaza before every game (for first 500 fans)

New suite on 200 level with very special rope line as players go onto ice.

TVs in all BATHROOMS

For the guys, a beverage shelf above urinals (that will make me the NHL executive of the year...)

Ted Black now lives on Elmwood.

Sabres looking to arrange a meet-up area for fans traveling to see the team play in Berlin/Helsinki. He says to pay attention to Twitter updates for more info.

Mr. Black not fond of "Ice girls".

Question From TOMTOM: ]
IS THERE GOING TO BE ANY BUS TRIPS TO AMERKS GAMES OR FOR ROCHESTER FANS FOR SABRES GAMES?

Ted Black:
PLEASE KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN. I would love to have a bus caravan to Rochester. If we do, I will definitely ride along.
:lmao:

New Mural in front of the arena.

Toronto game, the only preseason game to be televised (Toronto feed).. Ted looks to fix this issue in the coming years.

Ted looking into possibilities for standing room only seats

Organization to do an alumni appreciation for the Amerks, like what was done last year in Buffalo

"We want to build a championship factory." - Sabres President, Ted Black

Sabres Carnival was to be brought back this year, but renovations and europe trip impacted plans... will look to do the carnival in the coming years.

Ted Black will do a live "twitter chat" on Fri., Sept. 16 at 11am and another one on Wed., Sept. 21 at 2pm.

Dominik Hasek will be retired to the rafters once he retires professionally.

Ted Black answering questions (he said he prefers duffs over anchor bar, and uses the grease for his hair):
http://p.twimg.com/AY1OwCcCIAAeZ5Y.jpg

trapezeus
09-08-2011, 01:29 PM
can you pose questions to Ted Black? Ask him if the new sabres are willing to coach the Bills PR department to the same level of awesomeness.

JD
09-08-2011, 02:07 PM
can you pose questions to Ted Black? Ask him if the new sabres are willing to coach the Bills PR department to the same level of awesomeness.
Chat ended at 1:30, sadly..

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
09-08-2011, 04:33 PM
he is such a class act and so is Mr. Pegula! I've said this in a couple other message boards

I feel this is all a dream and the alarm clock will wake me up and this wonderful dream will be over.

clumping platelets
09-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I love the new ownership :cp:

elltrain22
09-09-2011, 06:14 AM
I love the new ownership :cp:

What if the Bills can get that same kind of commitment from there next ownership group?? One can only dream...

SabreEleven
09-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Does Ted Black have his own Twitter account?

OpIv37
09-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Is there anything not to like about the new ownership/management?

There are still some question marks on the team itself, but the attitude started to change the second they took over, and they've only strengthened it with all these moves.

I expect a strong showing from the team this year, and I think we'll be true Cup competitors in a year or two.

SabreEleven
09-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm feeling pessimestic lately. I can see the Sabres constantly coming close but never winning it...It's a Buffalo thing. A couple conference finals and finals but always the brides maid...Never actually lifting the cup.

OpIv37
09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm feeling pessimestic lately. I can see the Sabres constantly coming close but never winning it...It's a Buffalo thing. A couple conference finals and finals but always the brides maid...Never actually lifting the cup.

I hear ya- winning the Cup is tough and nothing is guaranteed. But, for the first time since the Drury/Briere days, I feel like we're going to have a legitimate shot at it sooner rather than later.

rbochan
09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Big Daddy.

DraftBoy
09-09-2011, 12:12 PM
So is he the Sabres more personality and friendly version of Russ Brandon?

SabreEleven
09-09-2011, 12:29 PM

with more money.

elltrain22
09-09-2011, 08:50 PM
The Sabres are the 4th best team in NHL 12!! Another reason I love this ownership/front office

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
09-09-2011, 09:40 PM

Mr. Black sat in the 300 level a couple of games last season and chatted with a few fans, I think if I remember correctly at one game he bought every fan in the section hot dogs. He is fan like you and I and loves hockey.