PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Home Opener Tailgate 2011

Michael82
09-08-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.fites.net/pride/billszone/bztailgate/images/tailgatelogo.gif

Due to all the rule changes, we have decided to move out of the official lots. The BillsZone crew and Phil have been tailgating in Hammer's Lot for the pre-season and liked the new location and the cheaper price. It's only $20 vs $25 cash for the official lots. So, without further adieu, Here's our new location....

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/Mikey82_photos/HammersLotMap.jpg

BILLSZONE TAILGATE RULES

• B.Y.O.B. - Bring your own beer
• If you plan on eating, please bring food to contribute.
• Please be courteous of fellow tailgaters.
• Kids may be in proximity, please watch language and subject matter

PARKING RATES

All Cars and Trucks - $20.00

TAILGATING

Tailgating is permitted at all stadium parking lots. Stadium lots open four hours before the game and close approximately two hours following the game. However, due to us parking in a private lot, we can get there as early as 7:00am and start tailgating! We are also allowed to tailgate after the game and don't need to leave after 2 hours, like the official lots.

One thing to keep in mind. Due to this now being the new official lot of Kenny the pinto guy and also the home of the Two Bills Drive home opener tailgate, the lot will fill up very quickly. So please make sure to come early. Phil and I will both do our part to save some spaces for the regulars, but we can't guarantee anything if you arrive after 9am.

Michael82
09-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Pride usually takes care of this thread, but he hasn't been around lately, so I figured I would do it again, like last year.

This thread is to keep track of who is/isn't coming, and what everyone is bringing (to avoid overlap). Here are the details!

The opener is at 1 PM, and the lot opens at 7:00AM. Phil, Pride and I are going to try to save some spots, but with this being a smaller lot and it being the home opener, it will definitely fill up quickly, so please get there early!

Who's Coming?
Michael82
Dannyek71
SabreEleven
Historian
X-Era
Black 7

Here's what every tailgate needs:
•Paper Plates, Plasticware, Napkins
•Bottled Water - Historian
•Pop/Soda
•Condiments (Ketchup, Mustard, Relish)
•Hamburger Buns
•Hamburgers
•Hotdogs/Hotdog Buns - Michael82
•Buffalo Chicken Strips - Phil
•Potato Chips / Dip - Michael82
•Chicken Wing Dip and Chips - X-Era
•Desserts
•Sides (Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Etc)
•If you'd like to bring something else, please feel free!

Please reply with what you are planning to bring.

Michael82
09-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I'll definitely be there. Danny and I are bringing some Zweigles hot dogs, with rolls, along with Chips and dip. We will also bring some Fritos.

Historian
09-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Ill bring a case of water.

Probably some chips too.

Historian
09-08-2011, 03:52 PM
And I bought that table, Mike, its like six feet long.

Michael82
09-08-2011, 03:58 PM
And I bought that table, Mike, its like six feet long.

Sweet! That's a pretty cool place to put the food on.

Are you going to bring your tent too? We could use one because Lecter is tailgating with his fellow Season ticket holders in the mud lot.

X-Era
09-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Pride usually takes care of this thread, but he hasn't been around lately, so I figured I would do it again, like last year.

This thread is to keep track of who is/isn't coming, and what everyone is bringing (to avoid overlap). Here are the details!

The opener is at 1 PM, and the lot opens at 7:00AM. Phil, Pride and I are going to try to save some spots, but with this being a smaller lot and it being the home opener, it will definitely fill up quickly, so please get there early!

Who's Coming?
Michael82
Dannyek71
SabreEleven
Historian

•Pop/Soda
•Hamburger Buns
•Hamburgers
•Desserts

Please reply with what you are planning to bring.Black 7 and I will be there.

We could be there at say 8:30 or 9.

Chicken wing dip went over well last time... We could bring it again.

Michael82
09-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Black 7 and I will be there.

We could be there at say 8:30 or 9.

Chicken wing dip went over well last time... We could bring it again.

I forgot it was you guys that made that last time. Yes please! That stuff was so good! :hungry:

Try to get there at 8:30, but either way...I'll definitely hold you a spot.

X-Era
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I forgot it was you guys that made that last time. Yes please! That stuff was so good! :hungry:

Try to get there at 8:30, but either way...I'll definitely hold you a spot.:up:

Michael82
09-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I added you on the list. Anyone else? :scratch:

Pride
09-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Sarah and I

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2011, 06:20 AM
I can give somebody the tent at Duff's the day before.

Pride
09-09-2011, 06:49 AM
I'll be bringing a 12x12 pop up tent (blue) and a grill along with some scrumptious food!

tampabay25690
09-09-2011, 07:08 AM
WOW you guys are on the opposite side of the scoreboard that I will be at....

I will be in the grass lot going up California DR to the left of LOT 1.......
Anyone that would like to stop by is more then welcome.
I will be making Wings, grilled, pizzas, sausage, kobe burgers, etc.....
Even have a margarita machine....
There will be about 25 of us total so if you feel like taking a walk feel free....
I will even give you a shot, wings, and a beer....

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2011, 07:17 AM
WOW you guys are on the opposite side of the scoreboard that I will be at....

I will be in the grass lot going up California DR to the left of LOT 1.......
Anyone that would like to stop by is more then welcome.
I will be making Wings, grilled, pizzas, sausage, kobe burgers, etc.....
Even have a margarita machine....
There will be about 25 of us total so if you feel like taking a walk feel free....
I will even give you a shot, wings, and a beer....
Lot 1 is on Big Tree.

If you are in the private lot that is behind the fieldhouse, that is the same lot I park in

tampabay25690
09-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Lot 1 is on Big Tree.

If you are in the private lot that is behind the fieldhouse, that is the same lot I park in

Other side of the stadium.......
Not behind the fieldhouse.
Lot 1 is there as well....Thats Southwest blv right??

hydro
09-09-2011, 08:34 AM
California is parallel with abbott and is about half way between Abbott and 219. You are a ways away from Lot 1 but in that vicinity. I take Calfornia Rd when I am on my way home.

hydro
09-09-2011, 08:35 AM
But the way you are explaining it sounds like you are talking about Big Tree. Lot 1 is on Big Tree.

T-Long
09-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Not sure how early we are going to get to the stadium, but we may just park somewhere and then walk over

tampabay25690
09-09-2011, 09:12 AM
But the way you are explaining it sounds like you are talking about Big Tree. Lot 1 is on Big Tree.

Hydro what lot was I in last year??
You and Thurm were right next to us....

hydro
09-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Hydro what lot was I in last year??
You and Thurm were right next to us....

The lot we were in when we met was lot 5. Which is off of Southwestern. Just before California rd.

tampabay25690
09-09-2011, 11:57 AM
The lot we were in when we met was lot 5. Which is off of Southwestern. Just before California rd.

OK that's it......
We will be to the grass lot to the LEFT of Lot 5 just up from California....

Michael82
09-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I'll be bringing a 12x12 pop up tent (blue) and a grill along with some scrumptious food!
Sweet! It will be nice to see you and Sarah again. I'm sure you'll have some delicious food. You always do. :tailgate:

realdealryan
09-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm in with the wife and two other friends who came last year and will be bringing her buffalo chicken dip and whatever else is on the list that doesn't get filled.

I'll be up early to drag them into the truck so I can get there when Danny and Mike do. Good times to come.

Mad Bomber
09-11-2011, 04:51 PM
I wish that I could be there.

Michael82
09-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Still can't believe your son scheduled his wedding during the football season. :shakeno:

Michael82
09-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Who else is coming? and what can ya bring?

madness
09-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I'll be coming up with my son, a Raiders fan and his wife. I'll figure out what to bring this week.

Homegrown
09-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Who's going to the Season Closer?

Cntrygal
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
:wave:

What I bring (besides my charming self) depends on how I get to a store..... :biggrin:

X-Era
09-12-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm in with the wife and two other friends who came last year and will be bringing her buffalo chicken dip and whatever else is on the list that doesn't get filled.

I'll be up early to drag them into the truck so I can get there when Danny and Mike do. Good times to come.If you guys are bringing Buffalo chicken wing dip we can bring something else... I'll figure out something good. :up:

Michael82
09-12-2011, 05:37 PM

I'll be up early to drag them into the truck so I can get there when Danny and Mike do. Good times to come.
That's awesome! I can't wait to see you drag them all out of bed that early. lol

Michael82
09-12-2011, 05:38 PM

What I bring (besides my charming self) depends on how I get to a store..... :biggrin:
hammerbillsfan can chauffeur you around. :snicker:

Michael82
09-12-2011, 05:45 PM

Who's Coming?
Michael82
Dannyek71
SabreEleven
Historian
X-Era
Black 7
Pride and Sarah
realdealryan and Miranda, plus 2 friends
Cntrygal
hammerbillsfan
T-Long
madness

•Pop/Soda
•Hamburger Buns
•Hamburgers
•A tent, grill and some scrumptious food - Pride
•Chicken Wing Dip and Chips - realdealryan
•Desserts

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

hammerbillsfan
09-12-2011, 06:12 PM

i said i was driving you around :D

Michael82
09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
If someone wants to bring some breakfast items because we are starting really early, that would be cool! :up:

Oh and I was thinking of buying either a big tub of potato salad or macaroni salad...but if someone wants to make it instead, let me know.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2011, 09:53 AM
I think I am parking here now.

Mike I will buy some potato and macaroni salad and bring that.

And/or maybe some donuts/muffins/danish.

SabreEleven
09-14-2011, 09:54 AM
If someone wants to bring some breakfast items because we are starting really early, that would be cool! :up:

Oh and I was thinking of buying either a big tub of potato salad or macaroni salad...but if someone wants to make it instead, let me know.

So by starting early, you mean by 12 for you?

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2011, 09:57 AM
I will certainly be at the game but not sure if I will make it to the BZ tailgate.

What lot is it in? I will be getting to my spot round 9am.

I almost had to take my wife to the airport as she has to travel for work and her flight leaves at 12noon, but since she is an angel from heaven and realizes this is the home opener she was able to get her sister to take her.

SabreEleven
09-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Since I'm the out of towner and have no place to cook, I'll bring the paper products.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2011, 10:02 AM
So by starting early, you mean by 12 for you?
I hope to be there 7:30 or earlier.

It makes sense for you to bring paper products since you always have to be ready to "clean up".

SabreEleven
09-14-2011, 10:42 AM
I hope to be there 7:30 or earlier.

It makes sense for you to bring paper products since you always have to be ready to "clean up".

Maybe I should have you come and pick me up.

Cntrygal
09-15-2011, 04:36 PM
As long as TSA leaves my suitcase alone.... I'm bringing some brownies - no guarentee that they will actually make it to the stadium though. LOL

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Drunk Canadian to eat C-gals brownies Saturday night (e5)

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Maybe I should have you come and pick me up.
People might talk..........

Ebenezer
09-15-2011, 08:41 PM
I can bring beer - I have some left over from a party a few weeks ago that is going to go to waste.

realdealryan
09-15-2011, 08:51 PM
We're departing the city of football misery after one lopsided loss (Indianapolis) early tomorrow morning. Damn excited for the sights, sounds, tastes of the home opener tailgate. Oh, and hopefully chugging some liqueur out of Kenny's bowling ball's meatholes.

Michael82
09-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Who's Coming?
Michael82
Dannyek71
SabreEleven
Historian
X-Era
Black 7
Pride and Sarah
realdealryan and Miranda, plus 2 friends
Cntrygal
hammerbillsfan
T-Long
madness
Dr. Lecter and others
Ebenezer

•Paper Plates, Plasticware, Napkins - SabreEleven
•Pop/Soda - Cntrygal
•Gatorade - Michael82
•Hamburger Buns - realdealryan
•Hamburgers - realdealryan
•A tent, grill and some scrumptious food - Pride
•Chicken Wing Dip and Chips - realdealryan
•Desserts (Brownies) - Cntrygal
•Sides (Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Etc) - Dr. Lecter
•Donuts/Muffins/Danish - Dr. Lecter

Michael82
09-15-2011, 11:02 PM
If anyone wants to bring hamburgers and rolls, we could use those. It's up to you though, I'm not a burger guy.

realdealryan
09-16-2011, 04:48 AM
If anyone wants to bring hamburgers and rolls, we could use those. It's up to you though, I'm not a burger guy.

There will be a Wegman's trip in our near future.

Cntrygal
09-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Michael, I'll also pick up a 12pack of pepsi to get the soda inventory started. See some of you in mere HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bravo:

X-Era
09-16-2011, 05:56 AM
I can bring beer - I have some left over from a party a few weeks ago that is going to go to waste.Eb, you don't even really drink... Coors Cutter is not really beer, you know that right?

Michael82
09-16-2011, 10:23 AM
There will be a Wegman's trip in our near future.

Good choice! :up:

Michael, I'll also pick up a 12pack of pepsi to get the soda inventory started. See some of you in mere HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bravo:

And don't forget that yummy brownies. Tell hbf he's not allowed to have them til Sunday. lol

Historian
09-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Since I'm the out of towner and have no place to cook, I'll bring the paper products.

Unfortunately, You'll be the only one who uses those tampons...

Ebenezer
09-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Eb, you don't even really drink... Coors Cutter is not really beer, you know that right?
um...having brewed my own beer in the past.....

I have some Molson Canadian and some Yuenling that I will bring...they are not to come home with me.

madness
09-16-2011, 12:34 PM
I'll be on the phone planning this afternoon. What else do we need? More dessert options? Any Dos Equis Amber fans here? My neighbor picked up a case for me instead of the special lager. I'd be more than willing to bring the whole thing up.

Michael82
09-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I'll be on the phone planning this afternoon. What else do we need? More dessert options? Any Dos Equis Amber fans here? My neighbor picked up a case for me instead of the special lager. I'd be more than willing to bring the whole thing up.
If you want to bring more dessert options, and/or a veggie tray...that would be cool.

T-Long
09-16-2011, 05:28 PM
what else is needed? We can stop and pick something up before we come over. Hopefully we are able to find you guys....don't know my way around very well.

X-Era
09-16-2011, 06:01 PM
um...having brewed my own beer in the past.....

I have some Molson Canadian and some Yuenling that I will bring...they are not to come home with me.Looking forward to hanging out man!

X-Era
09-16-2011, 06:02 PM
So were back in for chicken wing dip....

wmoz11
09-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Extremely jealous of you all. Have a great time.

madness
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
If you want to bring more dessert options, and/or a veggie tray...that would be cool.
Ok, I got both. I'll bring the case of beer as well which I also expect not to bring back home with me.

X-Era
09-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Ok, I got both. I'll bring the case of beer as well which I also expect not to bring back home with me.Which 23 BillsZone light weights are you having help you finish it?

:up:

sdbillsfan2
09-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Extremely jealous of you all. Have a great time.

I know exactly what you mean wmoz11!

realdealryan
09-16-2011, 08:51 PM

OF COURSE

realdealryan
09-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Crock pot failure for this trip. We will grab burgers N buns. And probably some hot dogs and buns......

Cntrygal
09-16-2011, 09:03 PM
I know exactly what you mean wmoz11!

Being from SD got me a hug and photo with Stevie Johnson tonight!!!! :biggrin:

madness
09-16-2011, 09:08 PM
R. Rich is going to be TBD's tailgate? I think we should go lay down a BZ gang tackle. Do we have enough people to bring him down?

That is all.

realdealryan
09-16-2011, 09:34 PM
R. Rich is going to be TBD's tailgate? I think we should go lay down a BZ gang tackle. Do we have enough people to bring him down?

That is all.

I met that dude. I'm NOT in on this.

Michael82
09-16-2011, 10:27 PM
So were back in for chicken wing dip....
Mmm, sounds good. I can't wait! :hungry:

Michael82
09-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Crock pot failure for this trip. We will grab burgers N buns. And probably some hot dogs and buns......
Aww man...i was looking forward to it. Oh well. Hots and hams are good. :up:

X-Era
09-17-2011, 08:17 AM
I met that dude. I'm NOT in on this.Yeah but you met us too... Let's do it.

Mad Bomber
09-17-2011, 10:37 AM

That is all.
Knowing R. Rich, I seriously doubt it...

Mad Bomber
09-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I am SOOOOO bummed that I can't make it to this year's opener. I will miss the BZ tailgate and seeing my friends. This is the first time since 2005 that I will miss an opener.

madness
09-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Knowing R. Rich, I seriously doubt it...
I know, I figure we probably have a better chance of bringing down the goal post.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Rich is a wuss.

T-Long
09-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Hopefully we can find you guys today

don137
09-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Have a great time guys. Billszones tailgates are a blast meeting and reuniting with people that have become friends through Billszone.

madness
09-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Where are you guys at on the lot?

Cntrygal
09-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Hopefully we can find you guys today

Nice meeting you! :hi5:

Mski
09-19-2011, 11:19 AM
were any of you at the Tim Hortons on Transit Rd around lunch time today?

X-Era
09-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Nice meeting you! :hi5:How did I miss him?

T-Long
09-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice meeting you! :hi5:
you too we had a blast!! Definitely want to meet up again!

T-Long
09-19-2011, 08:42 PM
How did I miss him?
Unfortunately, we didn't get to the stadium until 11. By the time we got checked out of the hotel and ran a few errands ($300 spent at Walmart on Bills stuff for our kids), we didn't get to the stadium until later than we expected. Wish we could have met more of you guys...this just means we gotta make another trip up!

Cntrygal
09-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Next year for the Zone's bday bash!!!!

Pride
09-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Good to see everyone! What a nice turn out for the opener tailgate! I loved the new lot and look forward to seeing you guys again in December! (Phins)