PDA

View Full Version : Optimism or Dreaming???

elltrain22
09-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Eventhough the last 15 years have been horrible, to say the least, one thing that excites me about this team is when this team switches ownership. First off, I'm not a crude who wants Ralph to die, but I must be honest, that I am anxious for this team to have a new guy in charge.

One trademark, of any successfull franchise, in all of pro sports, is having a solid, smart, and aggressive owner, who not only will spend the dough, but will do so, almost out of neccessity, to the fans, and the city. Its a year after year committment to fielding a Super Bowl contender. They bid for the big names, they keep their talent, extend contracts, have great coaches, and the fans appreicate there level of devotion for the team.

Which brings me to my point. Does this above description sound like anyone we have gotten to know recently? Yup, sounds just like Terry Pegula. The guy is committed to winning, has smart people in key positions, in a short time he's retooled a roster into the best team, on paper, maybe ever. Some may need more of a body of proof, but I'm sold on this guy.

Whats to say this very, very, very rich guy, who loves Buffalo, and has a track record for being a Godsent, takes over ownership after Ralph. This isn't a pipedream IMHO. I could very well see this happening. I would not be surprised if it didn't, but I'm not gonna let that kill my hope.

Even if its not TP, whoever the successor is, will be better than the meddling, tight, cheap, imcompetent, and scenile old guyeser we have now!!

Let the debate begin...

hydro
09-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Only problem I see is the fact that he doesn't seem to have the same desire or fanhood with the Bills like he does with the Sabres. I could be wrong but I haven't heard him mentioning any affinity to the Bills.

psubills62
09-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Only problem I see is the fact that he doesn't seem to have the same desire or fanhood with the Bills like he does with the Sabres. I could be wrong but I haven't heard him mentioning any affinity to the Bills.
I don't have a link on hand, but I do remember him mentioning the Bills (in a positive, liking them sort of way). Certainly not the way he loves hockey and the Sabres, but I don't think we can rule him out.

Extremebillsfan247
09-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Just keep one thing in perspective. New ownership doesn't guarantee instant success. The next owner could even be worse than Ralph Wilson. You never know what can happen in that respect. It's just one of those things where you have to be careful for what you wish for. JMO

TrEd FTW
09-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Pegula isn't a Bills fan. He's also not that passionate about football. So, don't get your hopes up that he'll buy the team.

Figster
09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Just keep one thing in perspective. New ownership doesn't guarantee instant success. The next owner could even be worse than Ralph Wilson. You never know what can happen in that respect. It's just one of those things where you have to be careful for what you wish for. JMO

I'm going to keep wishing for a Championship in RW's lifetime...

SabreEleven
09-10-2011, 02:16 PM
We don't need TP to buy the Bills, we just need his money like a silent partner perhaps.