PDA

View Full Version : Kelechi Osemele

DesertFox24
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
The guy is 6'6 347 and is dominating a below average DE from Iowa, but the guy has not been bull rushed at all holds the point of attack, and moves well enough to be a potential pro bowl RT, and a solid LT in my opinion.

Draftboy, X-era please let me know your opinions.

Also it should be noted that the average OL nix and gailey have brought in are 6'6 and 320 so we should assume they want a big line. Which if you look at SD Chargers would fall in line with them as well.

X-Era
09-10-2011, 01:01 PM
The guy is 6'6 347 and is dominating a below average DE from Iowa, but the guy has not been bull rushed at all holds the point of attack, and moves well enough to be a potential pro bowl RT, and a solid LT in my opinion.

Draftboy, X-era please let me know your opinions.

Also it should be noted that the average OL nix and gailey have brought in are 6'6 and 320 so we should assume they want a big line. Which if you look at SD Chargers would fall in line with them as well.I like guys who are athletic and Osmele is that. However, I also like nice height and bulk plus very good strength. He's listed at 6' 5" and 298 although he looks more in the 330-340 range. Osmele will probably do well in pass protection but may struggle in the run game. He's just not as much of a mauler and driver... and he blocks a bit high. But, he's nimble, moves his feet pretty well, and sets a nice base. He's going to develop his kick slide or he may get beat around the edge. Overall, he reminds me of a poor man's Tyron Smith.

One more added comment: I'd like to see him up against more speed rushers... I'm a bit worried on how he will handle speed at the edge.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=785565

X-Era
09-10-2011, 01:45 PM
11:26 in the 4th... Wow... showing some nasty and driving his guy 15 yards down field on a block at the 2nd level. Continued after the whistle. Attitude like that impresses me.

DraftBoy
09-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Likely OG over OT at the next level (maybe a RT). Like X notes he has fantastic tenacity and gets after it.

I like him as a run blocker or when asked to block the man in front of him, not impressed with his awareness or ability to pick up stunts.