PDA

View Full Version : Gailey doesn't use TEs?

Buddo
09-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I've said it elsewhere, that all of the stuff about Gailey not using TEs is because he didn't have one with the Bills.
The guy is possibly the ultimate in pragmatic Offensive Coordinators - he uses what he has - yet guys seem to still insist he uses one 'system', that doesn't include a TE for anything much other than blocking.
Looks like Chandler has just disproved that idea. ;)

psubills62
09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Without looking at stats, I'm betting he's our leading receiver today. I'll bet no one expected that.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Maybe he finally woke up!

Night Train
09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Gailey may know how to use his skill players ? Impossible. The board experts here told me otherwise 500 times over.

YardRat
09-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Without looking at stats, I'm betting he's our leading receiver today. I'll bet no one expected that.

5 catches for 63 yards and 2 TD's.

Stevie and Nelson, 4 each for 66 each and SJ's td.

better days
09-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Chandler picked up the slack, who would have thought?

Goobylal
09-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Chandler picked up the slack, who would have thought?
Me.

Mahdi
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Gailey still doesn't use TEs in the traditional sense. Chandler wasn't exactly lining up on the LoS, blocking and running routes.

He was used essentially as a WR. A big, huge WR. And then he did block when we ran the ball.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Gailey still doesn't use TEs in the traditional sense. Chandler wasn't exactly lining up on the LoS, blocking and running routes.

He was used essentially as a WR. A big, huge WR. And then he did block when we ran the ball.

Beat me to it. Chandler was used primarily in the slot.

YardRat
09-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Beat me to it. Chandler was used primarily in the slot.

Tony Gonzalez and Shannon Sharpe didn't exactly make their hay coming out of a three-point stance, covering an OT.

methos4ever
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I've said it elsewhere, that all of the stuff about Gailey not using TEs is because he didn't have one with the Bills.
The guy is possibly the ultimate in pragmatic Offensive Coordinators - he uses what he has - yet guys seem to still insist he uses one 'system', that doesn't include a TE for anything much other than blocking.
Looks like Chandler has just disproved that idea. ;)
If you look at how Chan has used his TEs over the years as OC/HC, most of the time (save Gonzales) this jump in year 1-2 happens. Never a ton of catches, but if they catch say 20, 6 or 7 are TDs. This offense, as we saw it run today is very, very efficient. And as Night Train mentioned in his post, we're going for the jugular...

Stewie
09-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Chandler got absolutely killed trying to block a DE one on one... one of freddy's few negative rushing plays this year was because chandler was on his back by the time fred had the ball in his hands..

that play aside, an OUTSTANDING game from chandler

Cleve
09-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Wow, how long has it been since we had a TE worth watching? Or a Strong Safety that was a..... Strong Safety?

Little too early to make sweeping judgments about the team, but I'm certainly a lot more optimistic about the Bills than I was a week ago at this same time.

Were the Bills sandbagging the whole pre-season? :)

BillsJunkie
09-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Chadoes use TE's!! Here's a funny article about Scott Chandler...

One person in universe has huge fantasy day by starting Scott Chandler (http://www.uglyfours.com/ugly-fours/2011/9/12/one-person-in-universe-has-huge-fantasy-day-by-starting-scot.html)

better days
09-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Chadoes use TE's!! Here's a funny article about Scott Chandler...

One person in universe has huge fantasy day by starting Scott Chandler (http://www.uglyfours.com/ugly-fours/2011/9/12/one-person-in-universe-has-huge-fantasy-day-by-starting-scot.html)

Great article. Very funny. I added that website to my favorites list.