PDA

View Full Version : Hansens and Tim Andersons: vs. Chiefs

Johnny Bugmenot
09-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Hansens:
Ryan Fitzpatrick - 4 touchdowns, 0 INT, 200+ passing. How do you argue with that?
Scott Chandler - wait, tight end? Who knew?
Nick Barnett - Paul who? Anchored the defense the way it was meant to be done.
Fred Jackson - Veritable beast, consistent 5-yard-a-pop runs every time he got the ball.

Tim Andersons:
Can't really think of any. Would've given Spiller one for most of the game but he redeemed himself with the last TD.

YardRat
09-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Hansens:

Demetrius Bell-I thought he played very well.

Tim Andersons:

Marcus Easley-illness my ass...toughen up.

psubills62
09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
I actually thought Barnett was iffy at times. And Pears may be the best Tim Anderson you'll find. Merriman might be on there too, after a great preseason (in limited time), he really disappeared.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned was the Brad Smith wildcat. It's obvious to everyone that he's going to run, yet he continues to pick up first downs. Not bad at all.

Night Train
09-11-2011, 03:37 PM
I find it humorous that people can actually list Cons in a 34 point blowout win on the road to open the season.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I actually thought Barnett was iffy at times. And Pears may be the best Tim Anderson you'll find. Merriman might be on there too, after a great preseason (in limited time), he really disappeared.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned was the Brad Smith wildcat. It's obvious to everyone that he's going to run, yet he continues to pick up first downs. Not bad at all.
What I'll say about Barnett is this: the defense, as a whole, performed so much better with him as the anchor than they did with Poz. I don't know how much was him or how much was Dareus, but the Chiefs, by and large, could not move. It also opened up opportunities for Williams to get some tackles as well. He (edit: Barnett, that is) had a beautiful pass defense in the 3rd quarter that scared the bejeebies out of the Chiefs receiver. That's why I give him the Hansen.

RoscoeMagic
09-11-2011, 03:40 PM
I saw this in preseason too, but Johnny White looks slow and indecisive. JMO .I'm sure he can get better though. Spiller looks much better in year two.

And Kelsay got fooled every play he was on the field. Another non-factor game for him.

Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Chandler, Nelson, Dareus and the entire ST unit were the standouts to me. Byrd, Kyle Williams, McKelvin, Florence, Scott, Wilson too...ahh the whole ****ing team!

Historian
09-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Hansens:

Bell
Chandler
Fitz
Scott and Byrd
Freddie
Refs: very few flags.

Andersons:

Spiller
Pears...who the **** is Pears????

Scumbag College
09-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Hansens:

Honestly, too many to list and some are really obvious. Some unsung guys:

Levitre: Played well, really looked great in the run blocking game.
Nelson: A couple of big catches, he's a really good WR and does it very quietly.
Bryan Scott: Tough tackler and really stopped alot of plays.
Byrd: looks like a much more complete safety
Moorman: boomed all his punts today
Sheppard: looks like a future starter at ILB during mop up time. He is going to be good I think.

Andersens:

Pears: maybe a little nitpicky but really looked awful on the first drive of the second half and killed a drive with an almost total whiff on Hali.

McGee: hurt on first defensive play. He might not have too much left in the tank, often injured and I don't think he was touched on the play.

trapezeus
09-11-2011, 03:43 PM
hansens:

fred jackson. at the end of the half when kc just scored and were thinking of turning their fortunes around, we needed a first down to run out the clock. everyone missed their assignments, and he juked the first guy, broke the second tackle and carried a defender for the first...that's a running back that is special.

tim andersons:

thigpen. coaches don't trust him in a 34 pt blow out to throw a single pass.

Mad Max
09-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Hansens- Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bills fans

Tim Andersens- Gochiefs, Rich Gannon, the donkey who thought it would be cool to paint a Chiefs logo on the grass at the airport.

ParanoidAndroid
09-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Hansen:

Donald Jones - good, tough grab in the endzone during a quiet day...

Anderson:

A. Willaims - Bad angle...keep the reciever in front of you on 3rd and goal.

psubills62
09-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I also want to add (man, I can't stop talking about this game, love that we won so handily) that the pass protection by the backs was very good. I remember seeing on play where McIntyre and Jackson I think were both in. Fitz dropped to pass, McIntyre took the edge rusher on, Jackson leveled the guy coming up the middle, and Fitz had plenty of time to throw.

I didn't see if Spiller was better in that regard (or even if he had a chance to show it), but they did a good job in pass protection overall. I remember Hali's sack and a couple times when Fitz was pressured, but other than that, not bad at all against a decent pass-rushing team.

Mad Max
09-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I saw this in preseason too, but Johnny White looks slow and indecisive. JMO .I'm sure he can get better though. Spiller looks much better in year two.

And Kelsay got fooled every play he was on the field. Another non-factor game for him.

Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Chandler, Nelson, Dareus and the entire ST unit were the standouts to me. Byrd, Kyle Williams, McKelvin, Florence, Scott, Wilson too...ahh the whole ****ing team!

We must have been watching different games, because I saw a very productive Kelsay in this game, he was providing a LOT of pressure...I know the horror (I've gotten so used to bashing him over the years).

Historian
09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Hansen: Marv Albert didn't bite anybody's ass...

RoscoeMagic
09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Hansens- Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bills fans

Tim Andersens- Gochiefs, Rich Gannon, the donkey who thought it would be cool to paint a Chiefs logo on the grass at the airport.
Good call with Rich Gannon. Add Marv Albert to that list as well. I usually don't complain about the broadcasters, but man they were so clueless and just flat out factually incorrect way too often. Marv should stick to hoops. I'm gonna miss Gus this year.

tomz
09-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I also want to add (man, I can't stop talking about this game, love that we won so handily) that the pass protection by the backs was very good. I remember seeing on play where McIntyre and Jackson I think were both in. Fitz dropped to pass, McIntyre took the edge rusher on, Jackson leveled the guy coming up the middle, and Fitz had plenty of time to throw.

I didn't see if Spiller was better in that regard (or even if he had a chance to show it), but they did a good job in pass protection overall. I remember Hali's sack and a couple times when Fitz was pressured, but other than that, not bad at all against a decent pass-rushing team.

Two comments. On one pass where Fitz rolled right and hit a receiver, Spiller whiffed real bad. Also, for those who were complaining about Merriman, he was right in position on the backside edge to prevent the cut backs several times. Playing disciplined is not glamorous but is key to good run D.

casdhf
09-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Anderson played DT, Phil was a 3-4 DE. I refuse to participate.

RoscoeMagic
09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
We must have been watching different games, because I saw a very productive Kelsay in this game, he was providing a LOT of pressure...I know the horror (I've gotten so used to bashing him over the years).

He's so slow and always chasing!!! One step behind!

Perhaps I'm jaded, and will never give the man credit anymore :refuse:

Mad Max
09-11-2011, 04:16 PM
He's so slow and always chasing!!! One step behind!

Perhaps I'm jaded, and will never give the man credit anymore :refuse:
Trust me, I am not a Kelsay fan. But in today's game he was on point. He created a lot of pressure and havoc, and was around the ball before it crossed the 1st down marker.

It's probably the two headed monster in the middle of the line drawing so much attention freeing up "High Motor". How badass is that, that with the addition of 1 DL the entire DL becomes individually more effective. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts and all that.

Crisis
09-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Whoever mentioned White earlier, I completely agree. Thought he was mediocre in the preseason and more of the same now. Don't see what people like in him.

Buddo
09-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Hansens - Almost too many to mention tbh.
George Wilson - forced a fumble, and made a great pass block after showing a safety blitz. He seemed to read the whole play very early on that one.
Byrd's tackling was excellent.
Fitz for not being too gung-ho.
Chandler, not only for being a pass catching TE and getting 2 TDs, but also for a difficult grab on a crossing route, that was an important play.
Chan - for having a great game-plan and keeping his foot on the pedal.
Brad Smith for his 2 runs for a yard each (at one point in the game), which were both chain movers on 3rd and 1. How much of a difference does that make to keeping drives going?

Andersons - not really anyone tbh.
Pears got beaten badly by Hali once, when he switched sides.
Our CBs for generally having stone hands - even if Florence did get an int, there were at least 2 others that weren't taken by him and Leodis.

Note, the Andersons are not really anything other than the very few plays I noticed to be remotely critical of.

Buddo
09-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Whoever mentioned White earlier, I completely agree. Thought he was mediocre in the preseason and more of the same now. Don't see what people like in him.

Well, for one thing, he's having to run behind a 2nd string O-Line against starters, who know that he's going to run.
You might prove to be right, but he was on a hiding to nothing today, whenever he got the ball, and he still made a couple of decent runs, although he did get stuffed quite a bit also.

Buddo
09-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Fred Jackson is the man, btw.
So much effort and commitment on every run.
He ain't no TD threat from everywhere, but boy does he get every yard he can, regularly.
I really don't quite know how he manages to always seem to tag an extra couple of hard yards on to just about every run.

RoscoeMagic
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Well, for one thing, he's having to run behind a 2nd string O-Line against starters, who know that he's going to run.
You might prove to be right, but he was on a hiding to nothing today, whenever he got the ball, and he still made a couple of decent runs, although he did get stuffed quite a bit also.

Meh, second stringers I suppose but only 2/5. Hairston was in for Bell and I believe Rinehart was in at C for Wood.

Not like Bell's the best run blocker to begin with, in fact I think he's kinda weak in that department. Regardless of who was blocking for him, he looks to me like he's probably the best dancer on the team.

I'm sure Chan and Nix see something in him though, we don't need him this year anyway except on ST. No worries. :air:

Oaf
09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Barnett was great!

SquishDaFish
09-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Im usually optimistic but damn they even impressed me