• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny Bugmenot
    Will not tolerate vandalism.
    • Apr 2006

Hansens and Tim Andersons: vs. Chiefs

Hansens:
    Ryan Fitzpatrick - 4 touchdowns, 0 INT, 200+ passing. How do you argue with that?
    Scott Chandler - wait, tight end? Who knew?
    Nick Barnett - Paul who? Anchored the defense the way it was meant to be done.
    Fred Jackson - Veritable beast, consistent 5-yard-a-pop runs every time he got the ball.

Tim Andersons:
    Can't really think of any. Would've given Spiller one for most of the game but he redeemed himself with the last TD.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Hansens and Tim Andersons: vs. Chiefs

Hansens:

Demetrius Bell-I thought he played very well.

Tim Andersons:

Marcus Easley-illness my ass...toughen up.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I actually thought Barnett was iffy at times. And Pears may be the best Tim Anderson you'll find. Merriman might be on there too, after a great preseason (in limited time), he really disappeared.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned was the Brad Smith wildcat. It's obvious to everyone that he's going to run, yet he continues to pick up first downs. Not bad at all.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I find it humorous that people can actually list Cons in a 34 point blowout win on the road to open the season.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
          Will not tolerate vandalism.
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by psubills62
          I actually thought Barnett was iffy at times. And Pears may be the best Tim Anderson you'll find. Merriman might be on there too, after a great preseason (in limited time), he really disappeared.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned was the Brad Smith wildcat. It's obvious to everyone that he's going to run, yet he continues to pick up first downs. Not bad at all.
          What I'll say about Barnett is this: the defense, as a whole, performed so much better with him as the anchor than they did with Poz. I don't know how much was him or how much was Dareus, but the Chiefs, by and large, could not move. It also opened up opportunities for Williams to get some tackles as well. He (edit: Barnett, that is) had a beautiful pass defense in the 3rd quarter that scared the bejeebies out of the Chiefs receiver. That's why I give him the Hansen.
          Last edited by Johnny Bugmenot; 09-11-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
            • Aug 2008

I saw this in preseason too, but Johnny White looks slow and indecisive. JMO .I'm sure he can get better though. Spiller looks much better in year two.

And Kelsay got fooled every play he was on the field. Another non-factor game for him.

Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Chandler, Nelson, Dareus and the entire ST unit were the standouts to me. Byrd, Kyle Williams, McKelvin, Florence, Scott, Wilson too...ahh the whole ****ing team!
            Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Hansens:

Bell
              Chandler
              Fitz
              Scott and Byrd
              Freddie
              Refs: very few flags.

Andersons:

Spiller
              Pears...who the **** is Pears????

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

Hansens:

Honestly, too many to list and some are really obvious. Some unsung guys:

Levitre: Played well, really looked great in the run blocking game.
                Nelson: A couple of big catches, he's a really good WR and does it very quietly.
                Bryan Scott: Tough tackler and really stopped alot of plays.
                Byrd: looks like a much more complete safety
                Moorman: boomed all his punts today
                Sheppard: looks like a future starter at ILB during mop up time. He is going to be good I think.

Andersens:

Pears: maybe a little nitpicky but really looked awful on the first drive of the second half and killed a drive with an almost total whiff on Hali.

McGee: hurt on first defensive play. He might not have too much left in the tank, often injured and I don't think he was touched on the play.
                Last edited by Scumbag College; 09-11-2011, 03:43 PM.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

hansens:

fred jackson. at the end of the half when kc just scored and were thinking of turning their fortunes around, we needed a first down to run out the clock. everyone missed their assignments, and he juked the first guy, broke the second tackle and carried a defender for the first...that's a running back that is special.

tim andersons:

thigpen. coaches don't trust him in a 34 pt blow out to throw a single pass.

Comment

• Mad Max
                    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                    • Mar 2003

Hansens- Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bills fans

Tim Andersens- Gochiefs, Rich Gannon, the donkey who thought it would be cool to paint a Chiefs logo on the grass at the airport.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Hansen:

Donald Jones - good, tough grab in the endzone during a quiet day...

Anderson:

A. Willaims - Bad angle...keep the reciever in front of you on 3rd and goal.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

I also want to add (man, I can't stop talking about this game, love that we won so handily) that the pass protection by the backs was very good. I remember seeing on play where McIntyre and Jackson I think were both in. Fitz dropped to pass, McIntyre took the edge rusher on, Jackson leveled the guy coming up the middle, and Fitz had plenty of time to throw.

I didn't see if Spiller was better in that regard (or even if he had a chance to show it), but they did a good job in pass protection overall. I remember Hali's sack and a couple times when Fitz was pressured, but other than that, not bad at all against a decent pass-rushing team.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                          I saw this in preseason too, but Johnny White looks slow and indecisive. JMO .I'm sure he can get better though. Spiller looks much better in year two.

And Kelsay got fooled every play he was on the field. Another non-factor game for him.

Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Chandler, Nelson, Dareus and the entire ST unit were the standouts to me. Byrd, Kyle Williams, McKelvin, Florence, Scott, Wilson too...ahh the whole ****ing team!
                          We must have been watching different games, because I saw a very productive Kelsay in this game, he was providing a LOT of pressure...I know the horror (I've gotten so used to bashing him over the years).

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Hansen: Marv Albert didn't bite anybody's ass...

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Mad Max
                              Hansens- Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bills fans

Tim Andersens- Gochiefs, Rich Gannon, the donkey who thought it would be cool to paint a Chiefs logo on the grass at the airport.
                              Good call with Rich Gannon. Add Marv Albert to that list as well. I usually don't complain about the broadcasters, but man they were so clueless and just flat out factually incorrect way too often. Marv should stick to hoops. I'm gonna miss Gus this year.
                              Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

Working...
                              X