PDA

View Full Version : How about that offensive line?

RoscoeMagic
09-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Fitz and Freddy make 'em better and there's still little depth...but man that was pretty encouraging to see for the supposed weak spot on the team.:cheers::dance3:

better days
09-11-2011, 03:45 PM
This is just what Chan has said. The OL is GOOD but has no depth.

psubills62
09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
As Nix said, they're better than people thought they would be. They're inconsistent, though. I think it's a very, very good thing we have a RB like Jackson who does a great job of hitting the hole while also avoiding guys who get into the backfield.

trapezeus
09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
it took them a second...early in the game i saw fitz throwing off his back foot for the most part. then they got him some time.

fred really ran like a king. there weren't gapping holes, but he did what he does best. make yards out of nothing.

Mad Max
09-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Fitz and Freddy make 'em better and there's still little depth...but man that was pretty encouraging to see for the supposed weak spot on the team.:cheers::dance3:

Encouraging indeed. They're a work in progress to be sure, but we've finally seen a light at the end of the usually pitch black tunnel.

YardRat
09-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Outside of a few miscues (Levitre whiff blocks, Pears cement shoes) they played well enough to give the RB's just enough room and Fitzpatrick just enough time to throw.

better days
09-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Outside of a few miscues (Levitre whiff blocks, Pears cement shoes) they played well enough to give the RB's just enough room and Fitzpatrick just enough time to throw.

Come on, you have to admit Pears did not look as bad as he was made out to be in preseason.

Mad Max
09-11-2011, 04:00 PM

What I was most encouraged by from the OL today was their run blocking.

They were manhandling those foos more often than not. That's something we haven't seen a Bills OL due for a long long time.

More time together as a unit and these guys could become well sorted in both Run and Pass blocking.

Goobylal
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Hali could do nothing against Bell (didn't see if he was getting help though) so they moved him to Pears' side. And despite the sack, Pears shut him down after that.

billsfanryan
09-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Hali could do nothing against Bell (didn't see if he was getting help though) so they moved him to Pears' side. And despite the sack, Pears shut him down after that.

that's exactly what i was thinking and said to my friends. I was shocked they played that well and made hali invisible other than that one sack