PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson

Michael82
09-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Pay the man! He's the heart and soul of this offense and was even voted a team captain! He deserves it!

better days
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Fred, like Fitz very underappreciated by many people including myself. GREAT game by both of them today.

Night Train
09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Ralph should nickel & dime him, so he can put the $$ towards getting his name on another building somewhere.

Michael82
09-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Fred, like Fitz very underappreciated by many people including myself. GREAT game by both of them today.
I agree that Fitz deserves props. But I'm still not sold on him and wouldn't extend him yet.

Lone Stranger
09-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Ralph should nickel & dime him, so he can put the $$ towards getting his name on another building somewhere.

You've got that right.

better days
09-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I agree that Fitz deserves props. But I'm still not sold on him and wouldn't extend him yet.

I agree with you, I want to see more out of Fitz, but this was a GREAT way to start the year.

zone
09-11-2011, 05:39 PM
The play where he was hit in the backfield and dragged 2 guys for a first down is typical Freddy and really the attitude of the whole city and team, underdog perseverance.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Trent Edwards was voted team captain, just saying.

ddaryl
09-11-2011, 06:19 PM
He deserves an extension and a kind raise... but he is a lot like Fitz.. not flashy but just sees the field and has a feel for it.

RoscoeMagic
09-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I agree. If there's one man who deserves a raise, it's Freddy. If there's two, it's Stevie.

We don't need to give him an AP or CJ contract. But we can afford to pay the good man what he's worth. Nothing crazy, maybe a 2-3 year extension.

I'm not convinced that Spiller can be an every down back just yet...yet. Freddy for now and the near-future. :rockon:

TacklingDummy
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Jackson is the best Bills running back since Thomas

Mad Max
09-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Pay the man! He's the heart and soul of this offense and was even voted a team captain! He deserves it!
Without a doubt.

You want to know something funny/tragic. He's paid a fraction of the salaries paid to our THREE first round drafted tailbacks from this decade?!?! And his performance is head and shoulders above theirs.

You have to go all the way back to TeaHen to come wup with a guy as good as FreJack...that's a LOT of babies ago.

Meathead
09-11-2011, 06:35 PM
no joke, im gonna lose some respect for the team if they dont do something for freddie

YardRat
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
no joke, im gonna lose some respect for the team if they dont do something for freddie

Me too.

Jackson should be given a nice 2-3 year extension ASAP. Fitz and Stevie can wait until mid-season or so before getting serious.

Michael82
09-12-2011, 04:13 AM
I would too.

Night Train
09-12-2011, 05:05 AM
I would be livid if Jackson didn't get a new deal soon.

alohabillsfan
09-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Trade him for a 5th round pick, he is old.... J/K !!! I agree he should and I think he will get a new deal with some new money. If I was the Bills brass, I would do it fast because Freddie is only gonna make it more expensive as the season continues.

P.S. Whatever Stevie gets he should give half to Fitz, cuz he was nothing with Trent and Fitz has really given stevie the opportunity!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-12-2011, 06:40 AM
i luv freddy but im telling you rb's are a dime a dozen in the nfl now and not a position the generally get a big second contract... they take a beating and get old and performance drops off fast
i WANT him to get a raise but im not holding my breath :(

NOT THE DUDE...
09-12-2011, 06:59 AM
yeah i agree. with jacksons smooth running style and great instincts he can play at this level until he is probably 32. give him a nice 2-3 years extension. even though he played in the nfl europe, he has very little wear and tear on his body.

Dujek
09-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Fred Jackson, Steve Johnson and Ryan Fitzpatrick need extended and paid now, before they have the sort of season that would give Ralph's wallet a heart-attack.

The King
09-12-2011, 08:09 AM

I have both their jerseys!

Figster
09-12-2011, 12:13 PM

Amen my brotha!!!

Spiderweb
09-12-2011, 12:19 PM
i luv freddy but im telling you rb's are a dime a dozen in the nfl now and not a position the generally get a big second contract... they take a beating and get old and performance drops off fast

Agree to a point, especially with when an RB's hit the "wall", their production usually drops very fast. Yet, Freddie is NOT one of the dime a dozen club. There is much special about him that every Bills fan has the privilege to enjoy while he can still play at a high level.

justasportsfan
09-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Fred won't last long if the OL doesn't do a better job.

Mad Max
09-12-2011, 12:26 PM

True they are a dime a dozen, but the Bills seem not to ever actually have that particular currency.

So I'd just as soon hang on to this old but still shiny coin.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting we give him a Dan Schneideresque contract, just a fair 3-4 year deal. He'll be a performer for at least 3 more years.

Figster
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Agree to a point, especially with when an RB's hit the "wall", their production usually drops very fast. Yet, Freddie is NOT one of the dime a dozen club. There is much special about him that every Bills fan has the privilege to enjoy while he can still play at a high level.

Freddie is something special, the last 1st down in the 1st half is the type of play that shifts the momentum of the football game back into Buffalo's favor. There was no way in hell I thought Jackson gets the 1st down.

What a display of power/determination, MERCY!!!!

Michael82
09-12-2011, 01:54 PM

Exactly! Great post! :bf1:

BillsJunkie
09-13-2011, 07:31 AM
We don't have the money to pay Fred Jackson, according to this article...

(funny and twisted as hell, but has some NSFW language)

Tough Financial Times: Bills players forced to use children as footballs (http://www.uglyfours.com/ugly-fours/2011/8/10/tough-financial-times-bills-players-forced-to-use-children-a.html)

better days
09-13-2011, 07:56 AM
True they are a dime a dozen, but the Bills seem not to ever actually have that particular currency.

So I'd just as soon hang on to this old but still shiny coin.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting we give him a Dan Schneideresque contract, just a fair 3-4 year deal. He'll be a performer for at least 3 more years.

He knows this will be his last PAYDAY at his age so I doubt he will sign for less than 4 years. I would give him the 4 year deal expecting him to play well for at least 3.

Lexwhat
09-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Simple logic:

If we threw $20 million+ at Kelsey, why should Jackson not get a piece of the pie??

Buddo
09-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Definitely the most deserving to get more money.
TBH, if I was Fitz or Stevie, I'd tell the FO to get Fred done before coming back to talk to me about my own extension.
Thing is, it doesn't have to be that expensive. Just add another year or two to his current deal, make another couple of million guaranteed, and add about 5 or 6 million to the total of it.
It'll keep fred happy, and also show willing to the other guys who will need to get done eventually.
Fred consistently performs. If you aren't going to pay him, who are you going to pay?
Whilst I was glad he got his last deal, he was low-balled then, as the Bills had him over a barrel due to his ERFA status, from being one of the last guys from NFLE.
Talk about being underpaid.