Meathead
09-11-2011, 06:34 PM
its criminal that the bills havent addressed the oline

they will be lucky to get four wins with this terrible line

the front office is incompetent for not bringing in available vets to start

this team isnt even trying to win

this line is going to be so bad i dont even want to watch the games anymore

ralph is too cheap to pay for good offensive linemen

i would rather have any free agent offensive linemen thats not already playing for us on this team instead of who we got

transvestite leprechauns wearing power puff girl panties would be a better oline than these guys

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa :lolpoint: you people

bf1
09-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Good playcalling.

Mr. Miyagi
09-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I hear you meathead.

casdhf
09-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Someone will come to this thread and defend the OL ...

madness
09-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I bet we don't score a TD until week 10.

DMBcrew36
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Things went well today, but just to keep things in perspective - it was just one game and just Kansas City.

X-Era
09-11-2011, 07:06 PM
The Bills offensive line beat my expectations today.

Bell was very solid against one of the best pass rushers in the league. He was equally nasty in opening up running lanes.

Levitre had one play where he blew up a guy at the second level for a long Jackson run.

Wood did well.

Urbik and Pears did better than I expected. Pears was badly beaten on the sack. But overall he did his job and played well. The left side provided more daylight for Jackson but I'm encouraged by the play on this side.

If the unit becomes all we need, I will be very happy. I still will want better backups to give us options in case of injury. However, Hairston did well in the time he was in there and played a bit of RT as well. I think he will be starting at either RT or LT by mid-season.

All of that said. The goal is to become a SB caliber team. They played well but there is a long road ahead and at this point we should still be looking at whether we need upgrades.

YardRat
09-11-2011, 07:31 PM
They played well, better than I expected also, but I still want the o-line to be the next priority in line.

Today they proved they could play against a true 34...KC is only one of a couple teams in the league left that play the scheme traditionally. It will be interesting to see if they can fare as well against hybrids and 43's.

Meathead
09-11-2011, 07:39 PM
no doubt they will spend at least one very high pick on an OT next season

but this is about the chicken littles flippin the frik out in preseason over the line

weve seen it enough times it was obvious they would be adequate and allow the team to be competitive until they get to make further investments. im sure they will wilt a few times against better defenses, but they will also have days like today where they were actually much better than average and deserve their props

just as the mega-screamy-whiners deserve their face wash with a stinky blocker mitt

X-Era
09-11-2011, 07:43 PM
no doubt they will spend at least one very high pick on an OT next season

but this is about the chicken littles flippin the frik out in preseason over the line

weve seen it enough times it was obvious they would be adequate and allow the team to be competitive until they get to make further investments. im sure they will wilt a few times against better defenses, but they will also have days like today where they were actually much better than average and deserve their props

just as the mega-screamy-whiners deserve their face wash with a stinky blocker mittWould you go as far as to agree with Nix? I mean he says they think the OL is better than all of us do. He may be right.

Dr. Pepper
09-11-2011, 07:47 PM
they played well today, but its also been one game. i hope youre ready to have this bumped in a few weeks when we get blown up by new england, when the hyperbole seesaw falls the other way.

zone
09-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Things went well today, but just to keep things in perspective - it was just one game and just Kansas City.
Yea it was just a division wining 10-6 playoff game hosting team that everyone knew we would beat.

The line played well today Hali couldn't do anything against Bell so they had to switch him over to the left and He did beat Pears once. All in all though considering Hali had 14.5 sacks last year to lead the AFC, I would say our offensive line who was deemed the worst in the league by all the pro analyst in the media and on this board, played pretty damn good.

ServoBillieves
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
1 game.

Blowout, yes, but still have 15 games to stay healthy, stay motivated, and stay pumped. When I see that, then yeah I'm good with this line.

Historian
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I thought Bell showed good footwork and leverage today.

Night Train
09-11-2011, 07:54 PM
The OL is still average at their peak and needs to improve each week.

Yet Gailey had Fitz deliver the ball quickly most plays, masking any flaws. Pears got beat bad by Hali but was OK most of the game. Can trap well but still lack in the push.

They look better when Jackson is in there, for whatever reason.. Notice how fast they were in the backfield when Spiller got the ball. He was tackled the second he got it a few times.

Then I watch a few other games today and see OL's looking no better than ours.

Meathead
09-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Would you go as far as to agree with Nix? I mean he says they think the OL is better than all of us do. He may be right.
for sure, ive said the same thing since before preseason. they hand picked a handful of fas, evaluated them last season, and then expressed confidence in the ones they kept. just the process alone and watching how teams build olines in the past you would figure they would get it fixed to adequate status. it was never the disaster some whiners said they were sure it would be. they had a plan and did a nice job. now theyve at least got some nice backups when they do pick their franchise LT, probably next spring

zone
09-11-2011, 08:00 PM
The OL is still average at their peak and needs to improve each week.

Yet Gailey had Fitz deliver the ball quickly most plays, masking any flaws. Pears got beat bad by Hali but was OK most of the game. Can trap well but still lack in the push.

They look better when Jackson is in there, for whatever reason.. Notice how fast they were in the backfield when Spiller got the ball. He was tackled the second he got it a few times.

Then I watch a few other games today and see OL's looking no better than ours.
That may have had something to do with KC guessing they wernt putting Spiller in to block, I would bet they cheated run.

Meathead
09-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I thought Bell showed good footwork and leverage today.
hali got his only sack when he switched to the other side of the line and made pears whiff with a nice hand shiver counter

justabillsfan
09-11-2011, 08:36 PM
They sure looked good run blocking

tampabay25690
09-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Would you go as far as to agree with Nix? I mean he says they think the OL is better than all of us do. He may be right.

He is right...
The Bills did try and get Tyson Clabo to help the line....

Oaf
09-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Fitzpatrick.

GreedoII
09-11-2011, 10:06 PM
its criminal that the bills havent addressed the oline

they will be lucky to get four wins with this terrible line

the front office is incompetent for not bringing in available vets to start

this team isnt even trying to win

this line is going to be so bad i dont even want to watch the games anymore

ralph is too cheap to pay for good offensive linemen

i would rather have any free agent offensive linemen thats not already playing for us on this team instead of who we got

transvestite leprechauns wearing power puff girl panties would be a better oline than these guys

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa :lolpoint: you people

1 game...relax partner