X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Great game today but it's only one game

I'm excited as anyone. We played a great game today on both sides of the ball but it's only one game. Many people are acting like we're the Patriots over this one game and are planning their trip to our playoff game.

We'll see over the next month leading into our bye week what we are made of after we play the Patriots, Eagles and Giants. If we are 3-3 going into the bye we should feel fortunate. Oakland and the Bengals are very winnable games so even if we lose all three of the games against them three tough teams we will be .500. If we are 4-2 after the bye then it may be time to get excited some. If we lay a dump against the Raiders and/or Bengals and lose to them other guys then our season will be over with by the time we reach our bye week.

We played great today but KC didn't show up to play from the start. Some of that has to do with us also though. Chill down though because we are still far away from being a playoff team this season.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Great game today but it's only one game

Calling Capt. Obvious.

Most will enjoy todays killing, just to spite several dozen here who posted 500 times over that we were the worst team in football by a mile for the last 6 months.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

This team has had far too many epic collapses to get too excited for the long term.

But count me in the "enjoy the moment" camp.

Everything went right today. Can we sustain it? I don't know, but if we do, lookout!

It was a great win and I couldn't see any obvious or glaring flaws like I could in the past. So, right now, I'm in the "cautiously optimistic" camp.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mindbender
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
        This team has had far too many epic collapses to get too excited for the long term.

Everything went right today. Can we sustain it? I don't know, but if we do, lookout!

It was a great win and I couldn't see any obvious or glaring flaws like I could in the past. So, right now, I'm in the "cautiously optimistic" camp.
        Wha?
        "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• El Guapo
          • May 2007

I'm taking the family to the underground bunker -- Op is sounding optimistic. The world will end shortly.
          A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mindbender
            Wha?
            Dead serious.

I know, I have this reputation as the guy who *****es just to *****, and to some degree I earned that reputation.

But the reality is that I call it as I see it. In the past, I've *****ed about wins when I saw flaws in the team- things I thought would come back to haunt us later. And I was right almost every time.

This time, even when trying to be as critical as possible, I just can't come up with anything major to complain about.

My only concern is that the run D wasn't really tested because we got off to such a fast lead. I'm not saying they're necessarily bad, and with Dareus and a healthy Merriman, our run D is better on paper. I'm just saying they didn't have the chance to prove themselves.

Like I said, I don't know if we can sustain it. But if we do, we will take a lot of teams by surprise.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DrGraves
              • Mar 2008

BUZZ KILLINGTON

Comment

• billsfanryan
                • Jan 2010

Dead serious.

I know, I have this reputation as the guy who *****es just to *****, and to some degree I earned that reputation.

But the reality is that I call it as I see it. In the past, I've *****ed about wins when I saw flaws in the team- things I thought would come back to haunt us later. And I was right almost every time.

This time, even when trying to be as critical as possible, I just can't come up with anything major to complain about.

My only concern is that the run D wasn't really tested because we got off to such a fast lead. I'm not saying they're necessarily bad, and with Dareus and a healthy Merriman, our run D is better on paper. I'm just saying they didn't have the chance to prove themselves.

Like I said, I don't know if we can sustain it. But if we do, we will take a lot of teams by surprise.
                We can't cover tightends to save our life. That could come back to haunt us, especially playing NE twice a year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanryan
                  We can't cover tightends to save our life. That could come back to haunt us, especially playing NE twice a year.
                  TE's used to light us up much worse when Whitner was attempting to cover them. And if our TE's can be this productive, it will negate the gains by their TE's.

It's a concern, but I don't think it will make or break our season.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                    I'm excited as anyone. We played a great game today on both sides of the ball but it's only one game. Many people are acting like we're the Patriots over this one game and are planning their trip to our playoff game.

Really? I haven't seen that. I think most of the board feels the same way as you. Nice win but show me more before I believe.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
                      Really? I haven't seen that. I think most of the board feels the same way as you. Nice win but show me more before I believe.
                      There is always a cadre of homers who will get pumped by any modicum of success, but most of us are too jaded and won't get too excited over one game.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Enjoy the win tonight.

Back to work and on to the next game tomorrow.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

I'm not even there. You can't go thru the past decade of futility and get too excited over 1 win. It's definitely surprising and I'm happy, just not full on excited or that optimistic. Just cool we blew a team out, Offense looks hopeful, defense made some great plays.
                          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Actually, at this point I'm not sure I'd be awfully surprised to see 4-2, mostly because the Giants don't look awfully good.

I certainly still expect to lose to NE and Philly. It was one game, but it was a dang fun game. Glad to see Op like this. It's obvious Buffalo did better than anyone expected. I think that's worth being somewhat excited about.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Am I the only one at the start of the 4th quarter and up 34-7, still not sure we were going to win and waiting for the apocolyptic collapse? I think not.
                              So I am very happy as is everyone and the staff and players. But everyone knows it was just one game.
                              Also we have to remember the teams came in late, and everyone doesn't have their real helmets on yet. Still loving it though.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X