PDA

View Full Version : Peter King Makes Chan Gailey Coach of the Week

Dujek
09-12-2011, 07:11 AM
MMQB, Page 3:

Chan Gailey, head coach, Buffalo. A year ago, the Bills lost in overtime to Kansas City. What a difference a season makes. The Bills dominated from the start, abusing Matt Cassel with some new defensive parts and pounding the Chiefs through the air and on the ground, and Gailey returned to the place where he was fired two years ago to embarrass the Chiefs and put early heat on the coach who decided he was expendable, Todd Haley.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/11/week.1/index.html#ixzz1XjujnUv1

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/11/week.1/3.html

Historian
09-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Nice.

He should be recognized.

His team came in to a hostile environment, and played mistake-free, smashmouth football.

Haley should be coaching the Jayhawks.

Cleve
09-12-2011, 07:44 AM
What a great game - I loved every minute of it!

better days
09-12-2011, 07:44 AM
MMQB, Page 3:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/11/week.1/3.html

I'm sure this is Chans most satisfying win so far. I told the Chiefs fan that invaded our board, the Chiefs would have problems with Muir calling the plays & Rich Gannon & Marv Albert kept talking about that during the game.

Look for Haley to take over playcalling AGAIN, SOON.

Night Train
09-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Nice.

He should be recognized.

His team came in to a hostile environment, and played mistake-free, smashmouth football.

Haley should be coaching the Jayhawks.

He reminds me of Gregg Williams, for some reason. A hothead who will blow his one shot and be a Coordinator the rest of his life

better days
09-12-2011, 07:55 AM
He reminds me of Gregg Williams, for some reason. A hothead who will blow his one shot and be a Coordinator the rest of his life

I posted in another thread, Could you see Haley & Gregg Williams together on the same team? They would be fighting like Buddy Ryan & Kevin Gilbride.

madness
09-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Best quote of week 1:

"All those people that thought we were as bad as they thought we were? We're not," said Bills coach Chan Gailey.

RoscoeMagic
09-12-2011, 08:23 AM
I think Gailey is a real darkhorse candidate for being coach of the year.

Think about it. Nationally, people can only recognize Stevie Johnson, Merriman, Fitzpatrick, maybe Spiller and Jackson. They think our talent is worse than it is, thus more credit will go to Gailey for surpassing expectations and winning games with "sub-par" talent.

RoscoeMagic
09-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh yeah, Peter King also has Buffalo at 9:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/11/week.1/2.html

"9. Buffalo (1-0). As Bill Parcells says, "I go by what I see.'' And the Bills handled Kansas City, on the road, in all phases."

Plus he mentioned that Tuesday he'll have a piece on the Bills:

"Coming Tuesday: The surprising Bills, plus a fan who just might inspire you."

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
I think Gailey is a real darkhorse candidate for being coach of the year.

Think about it. Nationally, people can only recognize Stevie Johnson, Merriman, Fitzpatrick, maybe Spiller and Jackson. They think our talent is worse than it is, thus more credit will go to Gailey for surpassing expectations and winning games with "sub-par" talent.

Only happens if we win the division

Dujek
09-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Reasonably certain that Peter King is drinking the Bills' Kool-Aid this year.

I just hope he's right.

Ebenezer
09-12-2011, 09:26 AM
If the Bills get good watch how much of a fan Peter King becomes...and all of a sudden people will think he is smart.

psubills62
09-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Only happens if we win the division
I actually don't think we need to win the division. Wasn't Sparano at least under consideration for COTY when Miami went 11-5? Don't think they won the division. We'd have to at least get a wild card playoff spot though and come in second. This is a very good division with 2 teams who have the potential to be 12-4 or so.

Dujek
09-12-2011, 09:53 AM
If the Bills get good watch how much of a fan Peter King becomes...and all of a sudden people will think he is smart.

To be fair, he's been on the bandwagon since he visited training camp.