PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Interviews

mayotm
09-12-2011, 08:09 AM
I like what most players and Gailey are saying. Basically, it was a nice win, but it's only one game. Plenty of things to improve on. They really came across as though they expected to win. Nobody seemed giddy. They already seemed to be focusing on next week. I love that attitude.

justasportsfan
09-12-2011, 08:41 AM
It's refreshing not to hear the words "we'll have to review tape" after a loss.

I'm glad thatGailey put things in perspective. "we're not there yet" . Enjoy the win for a day and then back to work. Your work isn't done until you win the sb.

mysticsoto
09-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I liked it when Gailey said something to the effect of...(paraphrasing) "We're not as bad as some people thought we were (must be talking about Op) but we aren't on the pedestal that some would have us on either. We've got work to do."

justasportsfan
09-12-2011, 09:00 AM
the only criticism I have of Gailey is that he should have had Thigpen play instead of just running out the clock in the 4th. Thigpen needs to play .

would have loved to see Haley crying that we ran up the score of them.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-12-2011, 09:25 AM
usually we are jut TRYING TO SCORE
not being accused of RUNNING UP the score
LOL

madness
09-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I liked it when Gailey said something to the effect of...(paraphrasing) "We're not as bad as some people thought we were (must be talking about Op) but we aren't on the pedestal that some would have us on either. We've got work to do."
Head Coach Chan GaileyOn the team being vastly improved: “I think where we are right now, all those people that thought we were as bad as they thought we were, we’re not. And there’s going to be a lot of people that are going to put us up on a little bit of a pedestal and we’re not there yet. So, you have to understand that. I told the team that. I do think we’re improved over last year. I thought we would play well. I believe in our men, and they went out and did some very good things today. It started with the opening kickoff. It set the tempo. It was a good football game for our football team.”

OpIv37
09-12-2011, 10:39 AM

I wish he was talking about me, but I'd have to be delusional to think Gailey knows or cares what I say.

justasportsfan
09-12-2011, 10:40 AM
I wish he was talking about me, but I'd have to be delusional to think Gailey knows or cares what I say.

I have a feeling that you wil have to edit your signature :D

OpIv37
09-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I have a feeling that you wil have to edit your signature :D

All in due time.

Everything about yesterday's game was great, but I've seen too many epic collapses by this team to be sold after one game.

ServoBillieves
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
All in due time.

Everything about yesterday's game was great, but I've seen too many epic collapses by this team to be sold after one game.

2008 my friend... says it all.

The Bills look like a 3-1 team going in to week 5, then it's Philly, Giants, 'Skins, Jets, Cowboys.

I'm excited, and as you said, the team yesterday looked flawless minus a few miscues, but it's week 1.

trapezeus
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
bills still have some stuff to clean up, but let's be honest. I thought they were going to squeak out a boring win and barely survive. This was a much different game than that.

1. they got a turnover early in the redzone and put up 7 to show they meant business. Typically they'd have had a drive stall and take 3.

2. Two back to back passes of 20+ yards for another TD to johnson.

3. They took 2 FG, but they kind of missed opportunities that were there as opposed to be dominating them.

4. even the KC touchdown had Williams very close to gettinga pick 6 or at least breaking it up.

There were mistakes like back to back penalties on 3rd and 1 from teh 1 inch line. there were things that in a closer game or vs a better team might yield different results.

But players and coaches all seem to have a good view on this game. fun win, have to fix stuff and then proceed. they don't seem to cocky.

madness
09-12-2011, 11:32 AM
back to back penalties and we still scored a TD.... I never knew such a thing was possible.

psubills62
09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
4. even the KC touchdown had Williams very close to gettinga pick 6 or at least breaking it up.
This is something I've been wondering about. I didn't notice it (and still couldn't see anything on the replay highlight), but someone said that a receiver, Bowe possibly, actually picked Williams on the play. Yet Williams still nearly closed in time to make the play.

Can anyone confirm if that was true or not? Just wondering, because I do like A. Williams. Rookie CB's usually don't do very well, but I liked what I saw from him in preseason and heard about him in TC.

But players and coaches all seem to have a good view on this game. fun win, have to fix stuff and then proceed. they don't seem to cocky.
Agreed. It's only one game, but coaching seems to be much improved thus far.

madness
09-12-2011, 11:41 AM
This is something I've been wondering about. I didn't notice it (and still couldn't see anything on the replay highlight), but someone said that a receiver, Bowe possibly, actually picked Williams on the play. Yet Williams still nearly closed in time to make the play.

Can anyone confirm if that was true or not? Just wondering, because I do like A. Williams. Rookie CB's usually don't do very well, but I liked what I saw from him in preseason and heard about him in TC.

Agreed. It's only one game, but coaching seems to be much improved thus far.

Yes, even the announcers picked that up.

psubills62
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Yes, even the announcers picked that up.
Thanks, makes me feel better about it, though I wasn't awfully concerned to begin with.

Mski
09-12-2011, 12:00 PM
back to back penalties and we still scored a TD.... I never knew such a thing was possible.That was more because KC completely blew the coverage, than the bills actually making a good play.

psubills62
09-12-2011, 12:03 PM
That was more because KC completely blew the coverage, than the bills actually making a good play.
Fine by me. Better than KC blowing a coverage and us not making the play. In fact, when was the last time we made a play with blown coverage? Nice to have a QB who can recognize it.

Mski
09-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Fine by me. Better than KC blowing a coverage and us not making the play. In fact, when was the last time we made a play with blown coverage? Nice to have a QB who can recognize it.true, but its hard not to see a 6-7 guy without anyone within 15 yards of him in the endzone

tomz
09-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks, makes me feel better about it, though I wasn't awfully concerned to begin with.

Williams made several nice plays and couple good hits as the game progressed.

Rustbelt
09-12-2011, 01:06 PM
All in due time.

Buy low sell high. Don't let this dude pick your stocks.

madness
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Found the full quote, mysticsoto. I edited my post.