• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Hali: Irrelevant. Good sign?

Hate to make this thread but somebody had to. A few days before the game Tamba Hali (spell check) talked about "knocking Fitzpatrick out". For the majority of the game, Pears locked him down.

Not only do I think of this as a slap in the face of Hali and the Chiefs, but I think the one thing a lot of fans are overlooking is just how solid the offensive line played against what I thought was an OK defense with playmakers in the pass rush.

It was a good game all along, but I think an awesome thought to have is what if our young o-line builds off this game?

This Sunday is going to be a good test. Do they build or do they regress?
    I am The Batman.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Hali: Irrelevant. Good sign?

I thought he faced Bell for a good chunk of the game, who locked him down. Then he moved to challenge Pears, beat him once and wasn't really heard from again. I think I saw Chandler in blocking with Pears at one point, though I didn't see who they were going after - may have been Hali.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by psubills62
      I thought he faced Bell for a good chunk of the game, who locked him down. Then he moved to challenge Pears, beat him once and wasn't really heard from again. I think I saw Chandler in blocking with Pears at one point, though I didn't see who they were going after - may have been Hali.
      Either way, the Bills line as a whole was solid. I believe that Chan and our offensive line coach said they'd get better as the season rolls on. I would definitely like to see that happen. Good start against an elite pass rusher.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

I like Tamba Hali. I was hoping in the past for the Bills to draft him or make a move for him, but he was very, very quiet yesterday.

Wimbley and Houston should be a decent test this upcoming Sunday, but I'm really looking at how we handle the division pass rushers and the real test against the Patsies.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Hali was like a comet, you saw him once and then he disapeared

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph

I see what you did there.
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
              • Jan 2010

they just need to stay healthy our depth is awful

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph
                I hali noticed him.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Hali against Bell was when Hali was on lock down.

When he went against Pears he beat him like a rented mule once and was able to generate push on other attempts.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Hali against Bell was when Hali was on lock down.

When he went against Pears he beat him like a rented mule once and was able to generate push on other attempts.
                    Yeah, Hali dominated the game. The Bills would have scored 60 instead of 41 if they could have contained him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                      Yeah, Hali dominated the game. The Bills would have scored 60 instead of 41 if they could have contained him.
                      Do you think that's what I said?
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BillsWin
                        Hate to make this thread but somebody had to. A few days before the game Tamba Hali (spell check) talked about "knocking Fitzpatrick out". For the majority of the game, Pears locked him down.

Not only do I think of this as a slap in the face of Hali and the Chiefs, but I think the one thing a lot of fans are overlooking is just how solid the offensive line played against what I thought was an OK defense with playmakers in the pass rush.

It was a good game all along, but I think an awesome thought to have is what if our young o-line builds off this game?

This Sunday is going to be a good test. Do they build or do they regress?
                        Hali never said anything about "knocking Fitzpatrick out." Someone made that entire passage up.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Goobylal
                          Hali never said anything about "knocking Fitzpatrick out." Someone made that entire passage up.
                          Oh ok misunderstanding then. That's what I saw on another board.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
                            they just need to stay healthy our depth is awful
                            Being the eternal optimist that I am, I don't think our offensive line depth is quite as awful as the common perception. I'm getting the impression from Buddy Nix's comments that Chris Hairston is not all that far from being ready to play, whether at right or left tackle. Chad Rinehart started a little last season at guard when the offensive line got decimated by injury, and while I wouldn't want him to be my starter for 16 games, he at least got us through those games and he now has those games to draw on as experience. I'm not saying we have proven quality depth. Far from it, but we may be in a position where we could at least survive a couple injuries for a while.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              Being the eternal optimist that I am, I don't think our offensive line depth is quite as awful as the common perception. I'm getting the impression from Buddy Nix's comments that Chris Hairston is not all that far from being ready to play, whether at right or left tackle. Chad Rinehart started a little last season at guard when the offensive line got decimated by injury, and while I wouldn't want him to be my starter for 16 games, he at least got us through those games and he now has those games to draw on as experience. I'm not saying we have proven quality depth. Far from it, but we may be in a position where we could at least survive a couple injuries for a while.
                              Rinehart got some PT yesterday before the backups went in.

Comment

Working...
                              X