PDA

View Full Version : Hali: Irrelevant. Good sign?

BillsWin
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Hate to make this thread but somebody had to. A few days before the game Tamba Hali (spell check) talked about "knocking Fitzpatrick out". For the majority of the game, Pears locked him down.

Not only do I think of this as a slap in the face of Hali and the Chiefs, but I think the one thing a lot of fans are overlooking is just how solid the offensive line played against what I thought was an OK defense with playmakers in the pass rush.

It was a good game all along, but I think an awesome thought to have is what if our young o-line builds off this game?

This Sunday is going to be a good test. Do they build or do they regress? :birds:

psubills62
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM
I thought he faced Bell for a good chunk of the game, who locked him down. Then he moved to challenge Pears, beat him once and wasn't really heard from again. I think I saw Chandler in blocking with Pears at one point, though I didn't see who they were going after - may have been Hali.

BillsWin
09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I thought he faced Bell for a good chunk of the game, who locked him down. Then he moved to challenge Pears, beat him once and wasn't really heard from again. I think I saw Chandler in blocking with Pears at one point, though I didn't see who they were going after - may have been Hali.

Either way, the Bills line as a whole was solid. I believe that Chan and our offensive line coach said they'd get better as the season rolls on. I would definitely like to see that happen. Good start against an elite pass rusher.

ServoBillieves
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I like Tamba Hali. I was hoping in the past for the Bills to draft him or make a move for him, but he was very, very quiet yesterday.

Wimbley and Houston should be a decent test this upcoming Sunday, but I'm really looking at how we handle the division pass rushers and the real test against the Patsies.

Bill Cody
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Hali was like a comet, you saw him once and then he disapeared

BidsJr
09-12-2011, 11:22 AM

I see what you did there.

mrbojanglezs
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
they just need to stay healthy our depth is awful

Crisis
09-12-2011, 11:34 AM

I hali noticed him.

DraftBoy
09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Hali against Bell was when Hali was on lock down.

When he went against Pears he beat him like a rented mule once and was able to generate push on other attempts.

mayotm
09-12-2011, 12:33 PM

When he went against Pears he beat him like a rented mule once and was able to generate push on other attempts.Yeah, Hali dominated the game. The Bills would have scored 60 instead of 41 if they could have contained him.

DraftBoy
09-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah, Hali dominated the game. The Bills would have scored 60 instead of 41 if they could have contained him.

Do you think that's what I said?

Goobylal
09-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Hate to make this thread but somebody had to. A few days before the game Tamba Hali (spell check) talked about "knocking Fitzpatrick out". For the majority of the game, Pears locked him down.

Not only do I think of this as a slap in the face of Hali and the Chiefs, but I think the one thing a lot of fans are overlooking is just how solid the offensive line played against what I thought was an OK defense with playmakers in the pass rush.

It was a good game all along, but I think an awesome thought to have is what if our young o-line builds off this game?

This Sunday is going to be a good test. Do they build or do they regress? :birds:
Hali never said anything about "knocking Fitzpatrick out." Someone made that entire passage up.

BillsWin
09-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Hali never said anything about "knocking Fitzpatrick out." Someone made that entire passage up.

Oh ok misunderstanding then. That's what I saw on another board.

TigerJ
09-12-2011, 09:17 PM
they just need to stay healthy our depth is awfulBeing the eternal optimist that I am, I don't think our offensive line depth is quite as awful as the common perception. I'm getting the impression from Buddy Nix's comments that Chris Hairston is not all that far from being ready to play, whether at right or left tackle. Chad Rinehart started a little last season at guard when the offensive line got decimated by injury, and while I wouldn't want him to be my starter for 16 games, he at least got us through those games and he now has those games to draw on as experience. I'm not saying we have proven quality depth. Far from it, but we may be in a position where we could at least survive a couple injuries for a while.

Goobylal
09-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Being the eternal optimist that I am, I don't think our offensive line depth is quite as awful as the common perception. I'm getting the impression from Buddy Nix's comments that Chris Hairston is not all that far from being ready to play, whether at right or left tackle. Chad Rinehart started a little last season at guard when the offensive line got decimated by injury, and while I wouldn't want him to be my starter for 16 games, he at least got us through those games and he now has those games to draw on as experience. I'm not saying we have proven quality depth. Far from it, but we may be in a position where we could at least survive a couple injuries for a while.
Rinehart got some PT yesterday before the backups went in.

Buffalogic
09-12-2011, 09:52 PM

When he went against Pears he beat him like a rented mule once and was able to generate push on other attempts. Omg the way you say things is so annoying. I like how you give us obvious information and act like you are doing us a favor by explaining it in excessive fashion to prove how smart you are....

You aren't. Get over it.

Crisis
09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
The Tambanation of Pears and Bell shut Hali down.

Stewie
09-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I remember Hali basically forcing the bills to punt by himself on one drive. He literally threw chandler to the ground and stopped jackson for a 2 yard loss on 2nd down, then got a sack on the next play.

Other than that series, I don't recall him making too many plays.

jamze132
09-13-2011, 06:33 AM
That damn Draftboy!

PromoTheRobot
09-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I guess you missed the latest spin. Chiefs have the worst d-line in the NFL now. :lol:

PTR

better days
09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Being the eternal optimist that I am, I don't think our offensive line depth is quite as awful as the common perception. I'm getting the impression from Buddy Nix's comments that Chris Hairston is not all that far from being ready to play, whether at right or left tackle. Chad Rinehart started a little last season at guard when the offensive line got decimated by injury, and while I wouldn't want him to be my starter for 16 games, he at least got us through those games and he now has those games to draw on as experience. I'm not saying we have proven quality depth. Far from it, but we may be in a position where we could at least survive a couple injuries for a while.

Well, if people have the perception the depth is awful, they got it from Chan. He said himself on more than one occasion that he thought the OL was good but had NO DEPTH.

DraftBoy
09-14-2011, 12:35 PM
That damn Draftboy!

Some people don't like to hear things put in a way they don't agree with. What are you going to do?

jamze132
09-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Some people don't like to hear things put in a way they don't agree with. What are you going to do?
I'm still trying to figure out what he couldn't figure out.

DraftBoy
09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what he couldn't figure out.

I gave up trying to figure that out a long time ago.