X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdbillsfan2
    • Apr 2005

Time to give Chan his props

I remember voting my dissatisfaction with Jauron on this poll. This week I can't think of any reason to fault Chan ..
    He's approval rating is 94 ...thought it would be higher. He had the team ready and didn't let up.

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

Re: Time to give Chan his props

Buddy Nix made a great choice. Considering no one wanted to coach here Nix made the best pick he could from the retread, passed over coaches bucket.

BTW, George Edwards who was an idiot last year suddenly looks a lot smarter with Marcell Dareus in the lineup.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Ah I remember voting Jauron down even after wins on that poll...

"Meeeemoriiiiiiiies...."
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by baalworship
        Buddy Nix made a great choice. Considering no one wanted to coach here Nix made the best pick he could from the retread, passed over coaches bucket.

BTW, George Edwards who was an idiot last year suddenly looks a lot smarter with Marcell Dareus in the lineup.
        I'm going to hold out judgment on George Edwards. I'd like to see some more creative blitzes (he showed some decent ones in preseason, actually).

If what Drayton Florence said was true - that they only used 4 coverages during the game - I'll be more impressed with the coaches. The defense certainly looks better this year. I still would like to see something against potent offenses (Week 3 will be the real test, IMO), creative blitzing that isn't obvious to everyone, a good pass rush, etc.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I'm not completely sold on Chan just yet. I really didn't like the way he handled the two minute drive at the end of the first half.

That being said, I have a lot more confidence in Chan than I do in Nix, and Chan is leagues better than Jauron.

-We didn't use a single timeout until well into the 2nd quarter and went into the 2 min drill at the end of the 1st half with 2 left.
          -Chan is notorious for not using TE's but caught the Chiefs completely off guard by making good use of Chandler.
          -Instead of attempting to sit on a lead and ride it out, Chan made adjustments and kept the pressure on.

None of these things would have happened under Jauron, and this game would have been a lot closer and may have even been a loss with Jauron at the helm.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Haley made it easy for Edwards. Their team is a mess right now. We'll see how Edwards does vsd elite offenses.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
              I'm going to hold out judgment on George Edwards. I'd like to see some more creative blitzes (he showed some decent ones in preseason, actually).

If what Drayton Florence said was true - that they only used 4 coverages during the game - I'll be more impressed with the coaches. The defense certainly looks better this year. I still would like to see something against potent offenses (Week 3 will be the real test, IMO), creative blitzing that isn't obvious to everyone, a good pass rush, etc.
              I was thinking the exact same thing. I know Edwards can blitz the question is when he does will it work? We never had to blitz in week 1.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

In general, I've liked what I've seen from Chan in terms of game plans. Execution left a lot to be desire last year, but so far it looks to have been cleaned up.

I'll give Chan props for one game, but I still want to wait for the season to finish out.
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by baalworship
                  I was thinking the exact same thing. I know Edwards can blitz the question is when he does will it work? We never had to blitz in week 1.
                  That's the thing - how much was our D really tested? We defended the pass, obviously, after getting a huge lead, but you're right - we didn't even need to blitz.
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                    • Apr 2005

After game one last year ,Chan had a 32% approval rating.

Amazing how a convincing win on the road changes things. I think he's got this team "Billieving "they can compete with anyone.
                    Long road ahead, but I like what I saw yesterday.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Gailey is so much better than Jauron it's not even funny. Gailey's 4-12 team would destroy Dick's 6-10 team and could beat any of his 7-9 teams too.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

the bills defense just got bigger. You can argue that the jauron philosophy was faulty with speed being the key, but then he went and drafted slow guys who couldn't cover that were fragile.

now we have some guys who are big and move the pile and are faster than the past defenses. There weren't too many easy throws to make yesterday for the chiefs.

I don't know what Wanny's stamp is on this defense, but the LB's looked good.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

This weekend (before the game) on "Moving the Chains" one of the hosts called Gailey "one of the best schematic coaches in the NFL."
                          Last edited by madness; 09-12-2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

I'll reserve judgement until after the New England game.

But I have to give him credit for one thing: he wanted youth. He has stuck with them, and so far, they have produced.

Nice to see the HC on the same page with the GM, and its nice to see the QB on the same page with the HC.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

I thought Gailey did a solid job last year knowing we turned over a previously crappy roster by 40% his 1st year... I saw a coach who made adjustments and for the most part had such a young team in flux competing in plenty of games.. He made decisions that previous Bills coaches didn't make or wouldn't make.

There is no excuse to lose next week, and the real test of what type of team we have and Gailey's coaching ability will come week #3 against the Pats.. Maybe we don't beat the Pat's, but how tough do we play them will be what I will be looking for in regards to how good a Coach Gailey really is.

Comment

Working...
                              X