PDA

View Full Version : Bring on Week 2 and the Raiders!

Ed
09-12-2011, 01:51 PM
So since our next opponent plays tonight, is there anything anyone is specifically looking at or watching for? The Raiders are one of those teams that seem like more of a mystery to me then other teams. All I really know is that they lost their best DB and TE, and that McFadden looks like a beast.

Living in Denver, all I really know from last year is that they dominated the Broncos and went 6-0 in their division, but I know they had some ugly losses too.

Any thoughts on what to expect or be mindful of?

psubills62
09-12-2011, 02:46 PM
So since our next opponent plays tonight, is there anything anyone is specifically looking at or watching for? The Raiders are one of those teams that seem like more of a mystery to me then other teams. All I really know is that they lost their best DB and TE, and that McFadden looks like a beast.

Living in Denver, all I really know from last year is that they dominated the Broncos and went 6-0 in their division, but I know they had some ugly losses too.

Any thoughts on what to expect or be mindful of?
Oakland's got some speedy young WR's...will be interesting to see how well they play. The OL has been somewhat revamped as well, got a mix of young guys and old guys. On defense, they've got a number of players who can provide pass rush, but not sure how good their run D is.

ddaryl
09-12-2011, 02:59 PM
they play tonight, have a short week, have to travel coast to coast, and were beatable before all of those listed tidbits...

NO EXCUSE.. these are the games that playoff contenders AND up and coming teams who want national respect win.

psubills62
09-12-2011, 03:10 PM
they play tonight, have a short week, have to travel coast to coast, and were beatable before all of those listed tidbits...

NO EXCUSE.. these are the games that playoff contenders AND up and coming teams who want national respect win.
Yep. It's been at least two years that I've been hearing how badly west coast teams travel to east coast games. Buffalo's not quite east coast, but eastern time zone, which is close enough.

Buffalo SHOULD win this game, especially if they're anywhere near as good as they showed yesterday.

Ed
09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Good points. I actually mentioned that to a friend yesterday. Not only do they have a short week, which makes next game tough, but they are a west coast team that has to play an early game in the east, which is always tough. Plus tonight's game is road game also.