PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: OpIV...WTF?

northernbillfan
09-12-2011, 01:59 PM
-I don't usually title my articles because I suck at coming up with titles, but if I had to title this one, I'd call it "WTF just happened?"
-First and foremost, the much-maligned offensive line. They got the job done. Both Bell and Pears had a couple of head-slap moments, but there were a lot more moments when there was a gaping hole for the RB or when they gave Fitzpatrick enough time to make a sandwich back there before he had to throw the ball. I can't explain it, but if they keep playing like that, no explanation necessary.

-Apparently, Chan Gailey read the rule book and discovered that tight ends aren't the sixth offensive lineman, and they ARE allowed to catch the ball. What a game by Chandler, and props to the coaching staff for utilizing him and catching the Chiefs off guard.

-None of the WR's established themselves as the true #1, but they all had their moments.

-Excellent game by Fitz. He looked like a real NFL QB. If nothing else, his composure is top-notch. He's always calm and never panics.

-Fred Jackson is the real deal. His patience and vision is as good as any RB in the league, and I loved the way he consistently got extra yards after first contact.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2011/09/12/wtf_just_happened.php)

trapezeus
09-12-2011, 02:12 PM
i thought the bills stuffed the run early and the stats got lopsided after the scoring drive.

I thought the bills could handle a team that wants to do nothing but run. They are faster than last year.

i agree, something about this just felt right, but we've all been burned together before, so i think most of us are just cautiously optimistic.

justasportsfan
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Smith has to realize he doesn't have the jets OL anymore in front of him. He's going to have to fight for yards just like Freddie

bf1
09-12-2011, 02:14 PM
agree completely.

mush69
09-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Smith has to realize he doesn't have the jets OL anymore in front of him. He's going to have to fight for yards just like Freddie

Maybe he and Spiller ought to watch some game tape together. I like CJ but he has yet to win me over. Like they said during the telecast he could have improved more if they actually had a full off season workout and mini camps. CJ still looks like he is trying for the knock out every run when sometimes ya just have to take what the D gives ya and fall forward. Quit trying to bounce everything outside and losing yards!

justasportsfan
09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Maybe he and Spiller ought to watch some game tape together. I like CJ but he has yet to win me over. Like they said during the telecast he could have improved more if they actually had a full off season workout and mini camps. CJ still looks like he is trying for the knock out every run when sometimes ya just have to take what the D gives ya and fall forward. Quit trying to bounce everything outside and losing yards!

Gailey has stated that he has to get the OL to block people to a point that Spiller is left 1 on 1 .

To be fair to CJ, thats hasn't happened when Lynch was here and it hasn't happened when Freddie is running the ball. Both Lynch and Freddie has had to fight for yards with 2 or more guys riding them. The only way Spiller gets to use his speed is running to the othside like he did yesterday because our OL isn't opening huge holes up the middle. Smith is learning that about our OL as well.

Cntrygal
09-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Great job Op!!!

The King
09-12-2011, 04:28 PM
the article is dated 8/30/2011 and the schedule is still wrong

but other than that good job!