PDA

View Full Version : Berry out for season

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2011, 02:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6962076/kansas-city-chiefs-safety-eric-berry-rest-2011

Stevie J better not get in trouble!

Extremebillsfan247
09-12-2011, 02:25 PM
He'll be fine, here is why.. http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/knee.gif Injury didn't happen on the cut block which was a legal play. JMO

DraftBoy
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
He'll be fine, here is why.. http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/knee.gif Injury didn't happen on the cut block which was a legal play. JMO

First off let me say I in no way think what Stevie did warrants any kind of fine or suspension...

That being said its impossible to know when the actual injury occured. It quite possible the tear began on the hit and started out as only a partial tear and then went to complete on that cut.

We are talking about things we cannot possibly know.

Its terrible news for Berry and for the Chiefs team, and I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Oh wow i didnt see that video. I just saw the one on the hit when stevie hit him. I hate not being able to watch the games :rawr:

Yasgur's Farm
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
That ingury is on the KC coaches... Not SJ!! SJ got his helmet in front of his knee... Not into trhe side like the KC fans want you to believe. The coaches let him return to the game which turned a strain into a tear.

Mad Max
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
That sucks I hate when guys get season enders, be they our guys or our opponents.

Extremebillsfan247
09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
First off let me say I in no way think what Stevie did warrants any kind of fine or suspension...

That being said its impossible to know when the actual injury occured. It quite possible the tear began on the hit and started out as only a partial tear and then went to complete on that cut.

We are talking about things we cannot possibly know.

Its terrible news for Berry and for the Chiefs team, and I wish him a full and speedy recovery. Well, if he was already injured by this play, http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/berry2.gif then the fault lies with the KC training staff for letting him get back on the field after that hit by Johnson. JMO But your right, no one knows when the injury occurred. Injuries like that happen in every game.

Mad Max
09-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Well, if he was already injured by this play, http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/berry2.gif then the fault lies with the KC training staff for letting him get back on the field after that hit by Johnson. JMO But your right, no one knows when the injury occurred. Just like no one can point blame at anyone. Injuries like that happen in every game.

We don't know for certain. But it sure looks like this play is where it probably would have happened, especially if it's his left ACL that's been injured.

It's still a clean hit by Stevie, but I can see how fans would be pissed at him.

DraftBoy
09-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Well, if he was already injured by this play, http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/berry2.gif then the fault lies with the KC training staff for letting him get back on the field after that hit by Johnson. JMO But your right, no one knows when the injury occurred. Injuries like that happen in every game.

Absolutely it does, like I said in my intial post this isn't on Stevie in any way shape or form.

Goobylal
09-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah, it wasn't bad enough after SJ's legal-but-shady block to prevent them from sending him back out there. And torn ACL's almost never happen on a play like Stevie's, but often-times do the way it actually happened in the game.

Static
09-12-2011, 02:59 PM
That hit does look like it could have caused the injury, but it does not look like an intentional hit. It looks as if he was going to hit him in the upper part of his legs but misjudge the distance.

Ed
09-12-2011, 03:06 PM
In the second play where he doesn't get touched, you can definitely see his left knee buckle sideways before he crumples to the ground. We'll never know if the block by Stevie had an effect, but it definitely could have weakened the ligament.

That really blows. Tough loss for the Chiefs.

Anyone see Jon Beason blow out his achilles in the Carolina game yesterday?

mikemac2001
09-12-2011, 03:08 PM
In the second play where he doesn't get touched, you can definitely see his left knee buckle sideways before he crumples to the ground. We'll never know if the block by Stevie had an effect, but it definitely could have weakened the ligament.

That really blows. Tough loss for the Chiefs.

Anyone see Jon Beason blow out his achilles in the Carolina game yesterday?

Ya ****ing sucks

Hate seeing these injuries

Mad Max
09-12-2011, 03:15 PM
That hit does look like it could have caused the injury, but it does not look like an intentional hit. It looks as if he was going to hit him in the upper part of his legs but misjudge the distance.

It's probably just be some weak sauce Colombo forensic skills that I'm using but it sure appears from that clip that he's running hard and straight (something you can't really do with a torn up ACL), and as soon as he gets upended by Stevie his left leg appears to be dangling off center.

Ed
09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Ya ****ing sucks

Hate seeing these injuries
They just made him the highest paid MLB in the league too recently. Same injury to Cowart and Spikes and they never seemed the same again. That's a tough one to recover from.

jamze132
09-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Legal or not, those types of blocks shouldn't be allowed.

YardRat
09-12-2011, 03:40 PM

I've got to agree with that.

Would've been a far better rule change than pussifying kick returns.

TacklingDummy
09-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I hate cheap shots.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
I've got to agree with that.

Would've been a far better rule change than pussifying kick returns.

It is legal but it should be changed if the league is all about protecting their players.

No way Stevie gets anything with the way the rules read currently.

madness
09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I honestly don't think it had anything to do with SJ's hit. If it did, that knee was already done anyway because Berry was already shifting his balance to avoid him. That barely looked like an impact.