PDA

View Full Version : QBR: Fitzpatrick dominates Sanchez

Ed
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Well I guess this answers the question of who's the better qb :jam:

I haven't looked at any of the details regarding the new QBR rating system, but Fitz destroyed Sanchez 91.2 to 17.6. Scores are based on a 100 point scale.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/31218/qbr-fitzpatrick-dominates-sanchez

wmoz11
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
By the way, Florio has a TV show on Versus (now NBC Sports) airing right now and Fitz is going to be on before 7PM.

ddaryl
09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Alright.. WHAT THE HELL is with the infatuation of Sanchez.

RoscoeMagic
09-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Alright.. WHAT THE HELL is with the infatuation of Sanchez.

He's a very attractive man.

http://tvscreener.com/wp-content/uploads/entourage-cast.jpg

YardRat
09-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Well, at least Fitz was #1 for a little over 24 hours...pretty sure Brady will end up on top.

YardRat
09-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Ohhhh....epic fail by the author...

And should Fitzpatrick be in the conversation with Sanchez and Chad Henne (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11291/chad-henne) as the No. 2 quarterback in the AFC East behind Tom Brady (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady)?

Henne sure as hell shouldn't be in that conversation.

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2011, 10:11 PM

I haven't looked at any of the details regarding the new QBR rating system, but Fitz destroyed Sanchez 91.2 to 17.6. Scores are based on a 100 point scale.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/31218/qbr-fitzpatrick-dominates-sanchez

Because of 1 game? You must play fantasy football. Im not saying Sanchez is a great QB, he doesnt get the stats, but he does what he has to do to win the game. Its hard to say who the 2nd best QB in the division is.

jamze132
09-13-2011, 06:05 AM
Ohhhh....epic fail by the author...

And should Fitzpatrick be in the conversation with Sanchez and Chad Henne (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11291/chad-henne) as the No. 2 quarterback in the AFC East behind Tom Brady (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady)?

Henne sure as hell shouldn't be in that conversation.

Why? He threw for over 400 yards last night and his lone INT was the last play of the game.

Pinkerton Security
09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Why? He threw for over 400 yards last night and his lone INT was the last play of the game.

he sucked last year. he sucked the year before.

henne isnt the worst QB in the world but hes not very good.

jamze132
09-13-2011, 09:54 AM

henne isnt the worst QB in the world but hes not very good.
I hate the Dolphins as much as the next guy but what can you say for a guy who throws over 400 on the Pats?

Pinkerton Security
09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
I hate the Dolphins as much as the next guy but what can you say for a guy who throws over 400 on the Pats?

maybe hes made a jump up from the past 2 years but ive just never seen anything about Henne that has made me think he was a very good QB, not even in college...he was a middling kindof QB who never stood out at Michigan and his 75 QB rating in the pros is similarly mediocre.

SkateZilla
09-13-2011, 10:14 AM
By the way, Florio has a TV show on Versus (now NBC Sports) airing right now and Fitz is going to be on before 7PM.

Not NBC sports Till Jan. 1st,

Fitz had 68% Completions, 4 TDs, No Interceptions, 200 Yards, his only faults were the Fumble, which was a bad snap.

Sanchez had 59% Completions, 335 Yards, 2 TDs 1 interception.

Also, I didnt watch the Jets Game, but another stat that plays a role in that score is how many times he was sacked, which sanchez was sacked 4 times to Firzpatricks 1.

psubills62
09-13-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't understand the infatuation with throwing for yards. Yes, 400 yards is impressive (though a lot of QB's put up big #'s this week). But at the same time...there have been times when even average QB's threw for that many yards when their team was far behind in score.

Look at Tom Brady - he was freaking impressive. But at the same time, that 99 yard TD by Welker, a lot of it was on the receiver, not the QB. Brady made a great pass and watched his yards rack up big time.

IIRC, Billy Volek is one of four QB's to throw for 400 yards in two straight weeks. Anyone want to tell me how great he is? Yards are overrated, IMO, especially in a lopsided game.

SkateZilla
09-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't understand the infatuation with throwing for yards. Yes, 400 yards is impressive (though a lot of QB's put up big #'s this week). But at the same time...there have been times when even average QB's threw for that many yards when their team was far behind in score.

Look at Tom Brady - he was freaking impressive. But at the same time, that 99 yard TD by Welker, a lot of it was on the receiver, not the QB. Brady made a great pass and watched his yards rack up big time.

IIRC, Billy Volek is one of four QB's to throw for 400 yards in two straight weeks. Anyone want to tell me how great he is? Yards are overrated, IMO, especially in a lopsided game.

K. Kolb did it for Philly...

YardRat
09-13-2011, 05:36 PM

Because that article was written prior to last night's game, and Henne hasn't been much better than dog **** up until that point. That's why.

Philagape
09-13-2011, 07:24 PM

I can say his team was getting whooped and he had a lot of garbage time.

psubills62
09-13-2011, 09:53 PM
K. Kolb did it for Philly...
That might have been the time frame that I heard it - when Kolb did it. Maybe there's five then, I don't know. All I know is that throwing for a ton of yards proves very little, especially this year so it seems.

BleedinGreenNC
09-14-2011, 07:41 AM

Maybe the Pats defense is suspect? Maybe the great Belicheck made a mistake getting rid of Butler and Merriweather? The Pats are going to have to score that many points a game just to over shadow the fact that they dont have a great defense, or even a good defense.

LtFinFan66
09-14-2011, 07:44 AM

henne isnt the worst QB in the world but hes not very good.perhaps he was hamstrung by the lame-ass offense they were running the past two years??

LtFinFan66
09-14-2011, 07:49 AM
I can say his team was getting whooped and he had a lot of garbage time.dude, we weren't down more than 14 till that 99 yard TD with less than 6 minutes left in the game...not really "garbage" time like if we were down 28 or something

Philagape
09-14-2011, 09:28 AM
dude, we weren't down more than 14 till that 99 yard TD with less than 6 minutes left in the game...not really "garbage" time like if we were down 28 or something

You may be the only person on the planet who defines "garbage" time as being down by 28. Or even "more than 14."

The whole planet.

Philagape
09-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Garbage time is when you have to throw pretty much all the time to catch up, when stats are padded by abnormal passing. It started when the Pats went up 31-17 with 11:02 left.
From that point on, Henne did not hand the ball off even once. 29 dropbacks (including sacks, scrambles and penalties), zero handoffs. He threw for 194 yards in that time (113 after Welker's 99-yarder).

Mike
09-14-2011, 11:42 AM

How do you judge the best QBs of all time?

When looking at the historically great QB, Yards & td are the 2 most used stats.

Mike
09-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Garbage time is when you have to throw pretty much all the time to catch up, when stats are padded by abnormal passing. It started when the Pats went up 31-17 with 11:02 left.
From that point on, Henne did not hand the ball off even once. 29 dropbacks (including sacks, scrambles and penalties), zero handoffs. He threw for 194 yards in that time (113 after Welker's 99-yarder).

Is it still garbage time if the team makes a comeback? Aren't comebacks indicative of great QB play oppose to just racking up stats. What about comebacks that fall short? Lastly, there are teams that air it out in the first quarter, is that that much different than a team airing it out in the fourth quarter?

Mike
09-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Garbage Time

Its a time when a comeback all but impossible to achieve in which the defense is playing vanilla or prevent just waiting for the game to end.

Philagape
09-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Is it still garbage time if the team makes a comeback? Aren't comebacks indicative of great QB play oppose to just racking up stats. What about comebacks that fall short? Lastly, there are teams that air it out in the first quarter, is that that much different than a team airing it out in the fourth quarter?

There was no comeback Monday night, so that's irrelevant.
I've also never seen a 29-to-0 pass-run ratio in the first quarter.
Keep in mind I'm talking about individual stats here, not from a team standpoint. It's when an offense cannot run what they'd normally do because they're behind, say, 2 TDs in the fourth quarter.

psubills62
09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
How do you judge the best QBs of all time?

When looking at the historically great QB, Yards & td are the 2 most used stats.
Usually wins and SB wins are a big factor too. Yards and TD's are two commonly used statistics because they're easy. I'm not saying passing for 400 yards isn't nice to see from a QB. However, it's not nearly as meaningful as people make it out to be.

And historically great QB's of course have a lot of yards passing over their career. We're talking about single games, though.

In my opinion, if you're judging QB's the best stats to use are: TD/INT ratio, YPA, and wins. There's a lot of others you can use to clarify something (like TD/attempt or INT/attempt), but in general total yards doesn't mean that much to me outside of fantasy football.

imbondz
09-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Except for Marino being the only exception, the only judgement on how good a QB is, is how many rings he has. I've never heard Jim Kelly talked about being one of the best QBs of all time except when talking to Bills fans. Marino is usually in the conversation as best ever.

If Manning doesn't win another one, there will always be hesitancy in saying he's the best ever, regardless of how many TDs and yards he's thrown.

imbondz
09-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Aaron Rodgers went from pretty good QB to probably Hall of Famer just by winning the SB.

psubills62
09-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Except for Marino being the only exception, the only judgement on how good a QB is, is how many rings he has. I've never heard Jim Kelly talked about being one of the best QBs of all time except when talking to Bills fans. Marino is usually in the conversation as best ever.

If Manning doesn't win another one, there will always be hesitancy in saying he's the best ever, regardless of how many TDs and yards he's thrown.
I have a feeling this year will justify how good (and valuable) Manning is for the Colts.

Philagape
09-14-2011, 03:41 PM

This is why yards doesn't carry much weight with me. To continue the Marino example, the year he threw for 5,000 yards and 48 TDs he faced Montana in the SB. Montana showed in that game, and their careers, that he was the superior QB.
A great QB leads his team to greatness.
Yards may be a sign of how good of a passer a guy is, but not how good of a QB. There's a difference.

ServoBillieves
09-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Why the hell did ESPN have to change the QB rating system. Was it too hard for them to understand?

Philagape
09-14-2011, 04:46 PM
It's important to remember that the NFL's official rating has always been a passer rating, not a "QB rating."

YardRat
09-14-2011, 05:25 PM
There are guys that are great passers (Marino/Fouts), great regular season QB's (Manning/Favre) and great winning QB's (Brady/Montana).

Great passers are judged by yards and TD's.
Great regular season QB's are judged on wins, yards and TD's.
Great winning QB's are judged on playoff victories and Super Bowl rings.

I'll take the latter over the first two eight days a week.

LtFinFan66
09-17-2011, 07:55 AM
You may be the only person on the planet who defines "garbage" time as being down by 28. Or even "more than 14."

The whole planet.sure :rolleyes:

The Jokeman
09-17-2011, 12:16 PM
perhaps he was hamstrung by the lame-ass offense they were running the past two years??
Nice to see you posting again.