PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Raiders/Broncos?

OpIv37
09-12-2011, 10:05 PM
The good news for us:
-Campbell sucks and it's easy to get in his head.
-They're playing a late game in high altitude and have a short week with a cross-country flight ahead of them.

The bad news for us:
-This team can run the football. Their speed makes me nervous.

justasportsfan
09-12-2011, 10:07 PM
just when you say it TD raiders

BillsWin
09-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm worried about the run game but we did just shut down J. Charles on the road. McFadden at home might go the same way.

BAM
09-12-2011, 10:17 PM
McFadden looks fast. Charles was fast too. We shall see. I think the RALPH explodes next week. Wish I could be there.

psubills62
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Man, Oakland suddenly looks bad running the ball...and against Denver?

Honestly, this is one of those games where the opposing run D is bad enough that it may be difficult to make any conclusions about the Raiders overall.

wmoz11
09-12-2011, 10:28 PM
The Raiders defense is fast. They worry me on that side of the ball.

I really like their front-7.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2011, 10:32 PM
The good news for us:
-Campbell sucks and it's easy to get in his head.
-They're playing a late game in high altitude and have a short week with a cross-country flight ahead of them.

The bad news for us:
-This team can run the football. Their speed makes me nervous.

mcfadden is pretty damn good

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2011, 10:36 PM
McFadden looks fast. Charles was fast too. We shall see. I think the RALPH explodes next week. Wish I could be there.

my bladder is going to explode while i'm there because i'm going to drink too much beer.

alohabillsfan
09-12-2011, 10:51 PM
yes and its painfull. Ive seen better preseason games.

Blame Canada
09-12-2011, 11:03 PM
my bladder is going to explode while i'm there because i'm going to drink too much beer.

Me too. And I am more concerned about the physicality of their D line than their speed on offense.

psubills62
09-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Wow, 63 yard FG.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Sea bass got an insane leg

Mr. Pink
09-12-2011, 11:10 PM
HOLY F******** COW!

He cleared that kick with a few yards to spare in not so great weather.

Insane.

BertSquirtgum
09-12-2011, 11:31 PM
what is the record? 64?

Mr. Pink
09-12-2011, 11:34 PM
what is the record? 64?

Tied the record with Dempsey and Elam.

psubills62
09-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Tied the record with Dempsey and Elam.
Denver air may have something to do with it...

Mr. Pink
09-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Denver air may have something to do with it...

It could, that kick looked like it would have cleared from at least 68 yards.

Although if memory serves right didn't Sebastian put one off the upright in Oakland from about 65 yards a few years ago?

Scumbag College
09-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I want to go to bed but this is a really entertaining game with all of the fights.

psubills62
09-13-2011, 12:09 AM
It could, that kick looked like it would have cleared from at least 68 yards.

Although if memory serves right didn't Sebastian put one off the upright in Oakland from about 65 yards a few years ago?
Maybe...Janikowski is one of the few guys I'd say might be able to do it most anywhere. But I'm quite sure Elam got his 63 yarder in Denver also.

Luisito23
09-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Denver is garbage.

better days
09-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, Tebow HATERS, Orton sucks. He is a sitting duck back there. Tebow would have played much better because he has mobility.

Another game ot two like this & Tebow will be starting either because or injury or because the fans demand it.

The Raiders look pretty good & if the Bills beat them Sunday, they should start getting some respect.

YardRat
09-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Don't take this team lightly...This is certainly no 'gimme' for the Bills.

mysticsoto
09-13-2011, 07:32 AM
We want to face strong run teams. That is our forte. If we stop the run, we win the game. Did you see Brady throwing yesterday? They don't have to run. He's going to toast our secondary big time. Pass happy teams should scare us. Run oriented teams is what we want to face. I'll take the Raiders over Pats any day!!! The Raiders game won't be a blow out like KC, but I think we'll squeak by with a lead TD or two.

better days
09-13-2011, 07:50 AM
We want to face strong run teams. That is our forte. If we stop the run, we win the game. Did you see Brady throwing yesterday? They don't have to run. He's going to toast our secondary big time. Pass happy teams should scare us. Run oriented teams is what we want to face. I'll take the Raiders over Pats any day!!! The Raiders game won't be a blow out like KC, but I think we'll squeak by with a lead TD or two.

There is only one way to beat Brady. Pressure & lots of it.

I thought Oaklands defense looked at least as good as the Pats* did yesterday. Seymore had a great game.

Ickybaluky
09-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Oakland has great team speed and actually has are pretty talented. They have some real good players. McFadden is scary good.

That said... damn they are dumb. 15 penalties? Really? A lot of those would have been back-breakers. The Broncos weren't good enough to take advantage of it, but that could have cost them the game.

The key to beating the Raiders is to let them beat themselves. They are pretty talented, but they are a dumb-ass team.

k-oneputt
09-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Load the box and take McFadden away.
Make that stiff Campbell beat you.

better days
09-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Load the box and take McFadden away.
Make that stiff Campbell beat you.

Campbell didn't look too stiff last night. But I agree you have to stop McFadden before he gets started.

trapezeus
09-13-2011, 08:39 AM
the things that have me excited about the game against the pats is that the bills have not showed a blitz package yet and got decent pressure. I am wondering what they can throw at brady with different looks.

As for the Raiders, i think it'll be a dog fight. they had a lot of turnovers and still only won by 3. they were in control most of the game, yet didn't really exploit a weak team. They were definitely good, but i think they are a middle of the pack team. Which will be nice we'll have played crap, middle of the pack, best of the bunch in 3 weeks and have a good idea of where we are.

psubills62
09-13-2011, 08:40 AM
There is only one way to beat Brady. Pressure & lots of it.

I thought Oaklands defense looked at least as good as the Pats* did yesterday. Seymore had a great game.
Seymour always seems to show up for the Monday night game (Oakland seems to open every year with one lately), but after that he's only OK.

With Oakland, it's pretty simple: stop the run and don't turn the ball over. Denver failed to do either of those and paid for it.

OpIv37
09-13-2011, 08:43 AM

wait, what?

We were DEAD LAST against the run last year. Now, we have one good game against the run when the other team was trailing for most of the game and had to play catch-up, and suddenly run defense is our forte?

I agree that the Pats are a terrible matchup for us and we have to be careful with teams that can throw, but I think that saying our run D is our "forte" is premature.

EricStratton
09-13-2011, 08:56 AM
It was funny that with his team only down a FG the fans were chanting for Tebow.

Way to support the squad when they had a chance Denver.

better days
09-13-2011, 09:02 AM
It was funny that with his team only down a FG the fans were chanting for Tebow.

Way to support the squad when they had a chance Denver.

They were chanting for Tebow because Orton SUCKED. When he wasn't getting sacked, he was either throwing the ball away or throwing an int.