PDA

View Full Version : Oakland is going to be tough!!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Big Physical Defense and they can run the crap out of the ball.

This game sunday is NO GIMMIE!!!!

better days
09-13-2011, 08:44 AM
I posted in another thread, if the Bills win on Sunday, they will start to get some respect.

Ingtar33
09-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I posted in another thread, if the Bills win on Sunday, they will start to get some respect.

no... i doubt that. the AFCW is horrible (except SD, and they're schizo) . we'll need to beat someone outside that division first.

The King
09-13-2011, 08:55 AM
You focus on the run and force Jason Campbell to beat you... Let's not forget Oaklands secondary isn't what it was last year either.

alohabillsfan
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Orton had enough time, receivers dropped alot and several misfires. I think Fitz has a good game. Our Defense is bigger than Denvers. Bills win 31-10

Jaybird
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
It will be a physical game. We need to stop the run again

Night Train
09-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Football is all about matchups. In the Bills case, stop the run and you have a good chance of winning again. The home crowd will certainly help.

mayotm
09-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Big Physical Defense and they can run the crap out of the ball.

This game sunday is NO GIMMIE!!!!Of course it isn't a gimme. I don't think there is a single game on the schedule that is a gimmie for the Bills. At least until we see more than one good performance. That stated, I say the Bills stop the run and win by around 10.

THATHURMANATOR
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Of course it isn't a gimme. I don't think there is a single game on the schedule that is a gimmie for the Bills. At least until we see more than one good performance. That stated, I say the Bills stop the run and win by around 10.
Thanks for explaining the gimmie concept......:;:

better days
09-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Orton had enough time, receivers dropped alot and several misfires. I think Fitz has a good game. Our Defense is bigger than Denvers. Bills win 31-10

When Orton wasn't getting sacked, he was throwing the ball away or getting intercepted. He was horrible. I doubt he plays more than 5 or 6 more games.

I think Fitz will do much better than Orton did against the Raiders because he is much more mobile than Orton.

mayotm
09-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks for explaining the gimmie concept......:;:And thanks for the sarcasm. Seems necessary since I wasn't really picking apart your comment or anything.

justasportsfan
09-13-2011, 09:37 AM
I agree it's not a gimme

51-3 bills

BillsWin
09-13-2011, 09:40 AM
You stop McFadden and you can turn in a beat down similar to last week. Campbell isn't going to beat you playing from behind. Bills 24 Raiders 16.

Figster
09-13-2011, 10:20 AM
You focus on the run and force Jason Campbell to beat you... Let's not forget Oaklands secondary isn't what it was last year either.

Raiders are a big, strong, nasty football team, but you said it King, stop the run and force the sub par Cambell to beat you.

Its not going to be easy, 24-13 Bills

psubills62
09-13-2011, 10:33 AM
I think the Bills have a good shot at winning, but a lot depends on Fitzpatrick. While I'm not sure we'll shut down McFadden, I think we'll hold up better than Denver.

From the little I saw of Denver, Orton looked bad. Didn't see a lot of accurate passes from him.

Figster
09-13-2011, 10:41 AM
I think the Bills have a good shot at winning, but a lot depends on Fitzpatrick. While I'm not sure we'll shut down McFadden, I think we'll hold up better than Denver.

From the little I saw of Denver, Orton looked bad. Didn't see a lot of accurate passes from him.

Raiders are a real nasty football team to play smash mouth football with, but a heavy dose of Fred Jackson is just what the doctor ordered in my opinion. We need to protect Ryan Fitzpatrick at all cost in this game.

psubills62
09-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Raiders are a real nasty football team to play smash mouth football with, but a heavy dose of Fred Jackson is just what the doctor ordered in my opinion. We need to protect Ryan Fitzpatrick at all cost in this game.
I actually don't think their run D is that great. They've got a number of guys who can rush the passer, though. We certainly will need to protect Fitz, this will be a good test and good prep for New England.

Another thing we need to avoid is turnovers. Denver had several and I believe Oakland capitalized on each one.

Figster
09-13-2011, 10:49 AM
I actually don't think their run D is that great. They've got a number of guys who can rush the passer, though. We certainly will need to protect Fitz, this will be a good test and good prep for New England.

Another thing we need to avoid is turnovers. Denver had several and I believe Oakland capitalized on each one.

Turnovers could be crucial to the outcome and Buffalo has to protect the football. If the Bills can take an early lead it will put us in the drivers seat.

Raiders play undisciplined football and will shoot themselves in the foot. Bills need to play just the opposite.

psubills62
09-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Turnovers could be crucial to the outcome and Buffalo has to protect the football. If the Bills can take an early lead it will put us in the drivers seat.

Raiders play undisciplined football and will shoot themselves in the foot. Bills need to play just the opposite.
Agreed - get a lead early and force them to pass.

THATHURMANATOR
09-13-2011, 10:58 AM
And thanks for the sarcasm. Seems necessary since I wasn't really picking apart your comment or anything.
Welcome! :hi5:

Extremebillsfan247
09-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Denver vs Oakland is always a tough game. Oakland owned that division last year. Raiders still have to learn how to win games outside of their division on the road where they struggled for the past 2 seasons. Coming all the way to Buffalo on a short week clearly puts them at a disadvantage. Bills should win this one easily.

CAbills
09-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Football is all about matchups. In the Bills case, stop the run and you have a good chance of winning again. The home crowd will certainly help.

There defensive front is freaking frightening. I have a bad feeling about our offensive line Sunday. Oakland also did really well running down the sidelines with McFadden which was the one place where we gave up big runs against the Chiefs.

I dont know how much better the Ralph crowd will be than a Monday Night game in Denver. However that game was so undisciplined with penalties that I dont see that happening with the Bills.

Very nervous about this one and think the Bills come back to earth and lose 21-7. :nervous:

Figster
09-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Agreed - get a lead early and force them to pass.

Stopping Mcfadden is a must, Jason Cambell looked way out of sync against Denver.

Forcing Cambell to throw (from behind) is the key to victory in my opinion.

Big test for the Bills much improved run stopping defense, big, big test...

Figster
09-13-2011, 11:20 AM
There defensive front is freaking frightening. I have a bad feeling about our offensive line Sunday. Oakland also did really well running down the sidelines with McFadden which was the one place where we gave up big runs against the Chiefs.

I dont know how much better the Ralph crowd will be than a Monday Night game in Denver. However that game was so undisciplined with penalties that I dont see that happening with the Bills.

Very nervous about this one and think the Bills come back to earth and lose 21-7. :nervous:

I'm very concerned about protecting Fitzpatrick. I really believe the Buffalo Bills could make some noise this season, but not without Fitz.:nervous:

Extremebillsfan247
09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Stopping Mcfadden is a must, Jason Cambell looked way out of sync against Denver.

Forcing Cambell to throw (from behind) is the key to victory in my opinion.

Big test for the Bills much improved run stopping defense, big, big test... Could be another good game for Chandler. Bills and Fitzpatrick should adopt the New England approach of random no huddles and quick snaps to keep the Raiders defense off balance. JMO

don137
09-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Logistics are in the Bills favor. The Raiders played a late Monday night game and then have to travel to Buffalo for a game at 10AM pacific coast time. Not saying the Bills win because of it but it sure doesn't hurt them.

Figster
09-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Denver vs Oakland is always a tough game. Oakland owned that division last year. Raiders still have to learn how to win games outside of their division on the road where they struggled for the past 2 seasons. Coming all the way to Buffalo on a short week clearly puts them at a disadvantage. Bills should win this one easily.

You bring up a good point, short week and a 1:00 PM Eastern start time which is 10:00 AM on the West Coast

Groggy, undisciplined Raiders will be cranky and even stupider then normal...

Figster
09-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Could be another good game for Chandler. Bills and Fitzpatrick should adopt the New England approach of random no huddles and quick snaps to keep the Raiders defense off balance. JMO

Seeing a TE have a good game for Buffalo was such a sight for sore eyes...

Stewie
09-13-2011, 11:44 AM
bills 51
raidahs 3

Extremebillsfan247
09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
bills 51
raidahs 3If that happens, this board will be stewing with homerism. Some posters (I wont call out names) will have a fit. :laughing:

Boomstick
09-13-2011, 12:02 PM
While I think the Raiders run D is better than KC's... The fact that they were playing against Denver, who really can't run well, made them look much better than they actually are.

Figster
09-13-2011, 12:04 PM
While I think the Raiders run D is better than KC's... The fact that they were playing against Denver, who really can't run well, made them look much better than they actually are.

Raiders are real good at getting after the QB, one of the best in the league last season.

Figster
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
bills 51
raidahs 3

hehe, that score sounds familiar, (AFC Championship familiar)

trapezeus
09-13-2011, 12:23 PM
bills taught themselves a great lesson on sunday... Open fast and shock the other team. get them out of their groove.

for a team like the bills that may not be able to outtalent teams all the time, they will certainly need to outshock them. so when the breaks come, they need to capitalize.

Extremebillsfan247
09-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Raiders are real good at getting after the QB, one of the best in the league last season.They love blitzing with the Safeties. Fitz is going to have to find a way to take advantage of that.

Stewie
09-13-2011, 02:19 PM
hehe, that score sounds familiar, (AFC Championship familiar)

It will be my prediction of every bills-raiders matchup until I die.

Bone
09-13-2011, 02:29 PM
23-10 da bills

HopefulBillsFan
09-13-2011, 02:35 PM
oakland doesnt play well on the east coast.. i would take this into consideration due to the fact they played on monday.

Scumbag College
09-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Too much travelling for Oakland and after a close, very chippy and contested game against their most bitter of rivals on Monday Night, this spells letdown and trouble for the Raiders. On the other end of the spectrum, Bills starters only really played three quarters and the crowd will be hopping for the home opener after Week 1's confidence booster. I think the Bills jump out to a quick lead and hold on at the end. Bills 23, Raiders 17.

sdbillsfan2
09-13-2011, 02:59 PM
I agree it's not a gimme

51-3 bills

You not allowed to be optimistic ,even jokingly. This team has proven nothing, so until they do ,don't enjoy the game until a legendary moaner, I mean legendary zoner says the excitement is justified...:laughing:

hemi13
09-13-2011, 04:28 PM
The Raiders are a bunch of thugs and punks and will take stupid penalties all day long. We won't allow this on our field. If we play smart and not into their petty head games, we will come out on top.

I'll take the Bills 38 - 13

TigerJ
09-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Oakland has very good defensive tackles and Darren McFadden. The interior of the Bills offensive line is big enough to match up with Seymour and Kelly. They just need to focus and play with intensity. I also think the front seven of the defense is better equipped to control the run than they were last season. They have strength in the middle with Williams and Dareus. Merriman didn't make a lot of big plays in pass defense, but I understand he did a great job of setting the edge in run defense. He's big and quick, and much better against the run than I had thought he was. Kelsay even had a good game last week.

Any team can beat you if you lose focus and play sloppy football, but I think the Bills have the horses to beat Oakland if they put all the pieces together like last Sunday.

BertSquirtgum
09-14-2011, 12:49 AM
I want to say the Bills are going to win but the raiders are underrated just like the Bills. I'm going to abstain from making any predictions this week.

psubills62
09-14-2011, 09:24 AM
I want to say the Bills are going to win but the raiders are underrated just like the Bills. I'm going to abstain from making any predictions this week.
I don't see them being underrated. They've got good players, a good pass rush and really good run game. However, they were +2 in turnovers, ran for 4.87 YPC (including McFadden's 6.82 YPC), yet only won by 3? Granted, it was on the road against a division rival. But honestly, they looked like a team that will only win games if the opposition can't stop the run. JMO.