• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

PFT: "The Jets and Pats may have good reason to get a little nervous."

5. Patriots (No. 7; 1-0): Tom Brady reminds the world that, while Aaron Rodgers was the MVP of the Super Bowl, Brady was the MVP of the league.

6. Jets (No. 6; 1-0): Despite swiping a win, the Jets have a lot of things to fix.

13. Bills (No. 24; 1-0): The Jets and Pats may have good reason to get a little nervous.

30. Dolphins (No. 29; 0-1): Yeah, that preseason No. 29 ranking for the Dolphins was wrong. It was too high.
    I am The Batman.
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: PFT: "The Jets and Pats may have good reason to get a little nervous."

I hate the dolphins, but I thought they looked pretty decent last night. There's at least 8 teams in front of them on that list that I would put them ahead of.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
      • Nov 2009

Dude...we are #13 in the Power Rankings??

When the hell is the last time we were that high?

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ed
        I hate the dolphins, but I thought they looked pretty decent last night. There's at least 8 teams in front of them on that list that I would put them ahead of.
        I think they're ranked too low but I chalk up their offense to the unimpressive play of NE's defense more so than their own performance.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid

When we were 5-1 before we went 7-9.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

I would have put Cleveland 32. Losing a home opener to a team you clearly should beat at home to start off the year.

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid

Peter King had us ranked #9 in his fantastic 15 or whatever his rankings are called.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                I would have put Cleveland 32. Losing a home opener to a team you clearly should beat at home to start off the year.
                yeah, the browns D was soft losing to a rookie QB who didn't have Chad and TO. Wonder if the DC has anything to do with that . How you liking that browns D?
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-13-2011, 10:35 AM.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

We will be competitive with the Jets this year, no doubt.

But, the Patriots? Man, I don't know if we will even be competitive. Week 3 we will find out.

Tom Brady is scary. I think they run away with the Division once again this year.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

I think the Dolphins looked better than the score showed. However, they are not as good as people here are making them out to be.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

How are the Dolphins #30 after losing to the best team in the league in the 4th? How are #13 after beating one of the worst teams in the league?

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
                        How are the Dolphins #30 after losing to the best team in the league in the 4th? How are #13 after beating one of the worst teams in the league?
                        The Chiefs are not one of the worst teams in the league. They are in the bottom half but not at the bottom. KC won the division and were 7-1 at home last year. The Bills took them out of their game plan and beat them by 34 points. It is only one game but it is all we can base it on.

Comment

• streetkings01
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          Dick Jauron is the DC.......all Jauron defenses eventually crumble like a cookie in crunch time!
                          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            yeah, the browns D was soft losing to a rookie QB who didn't have Chad and TO. Wonder if the DC has anything to do with that . How you liking that browns D?

The issue on the long AJ Green touchdown reception was guys were standing around unready for the play. Which goes on the HC and the players for not noticing it and calling a time out.

And holy cow do they have the absolute worst punter in the history of the NFL, the dude averaged no joke like 30 yards a punt.

When you're a mediocre team, you need to win the field position battle and not come on a play completely unready for the snap.

Not on Jauron this loss, since he can't call TOs as a DC.

And the Browns defense forced a stop where they still had a chance, they just couldn't block anyone to give Colt McCoy a chance to lead the team into at the least field goal range to tie it.
                            Last edited by Mr. Pink; 09-13-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

I HATE TO SAY THIS, TRUST ME, but this pats team looks like 07 all over again. those 2 tes are awesome, purely awesome. i dont know how to stop it... the only thing you can do is win in a shoot out.

Comment

Working...
                              X