PDA

View Full Version : Bills safeties step up

justasportsfan
09-13-2011, 10:37 AM
When your top three tacklers in a ball game are your safeties, it’s usually an indication that your opponent is running the ball well and getting into your secondary often or that they’re passing on you at will. Neither proved to be the case however, as Buffalo’s top three safeties put one of their best combined efforts together in Sunday’s blowout win at Kansas City.
Starters George Wilson and Jairus Byrd, along with subpackage hybrid safety/linebacker Bryan Scott were active defensively throughout the game and were instrumental in keeping one of Kansas City’s biggest offensive weapons under wraps with Jamaal Charles accounting for just 65 total yards from scrimmage

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-safeties-step-up/8af96bf6-66cd-45f6-9afa-f2eacb07ec88

psubills62
09-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I thought their efforts in defending the short passes (swing passes to Charles, etc.) and defending the run were quite good. Don't think they were really challenged deep very much.

mikemac2001
09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I thought their efforts in defending the short passes (swing passes to Charles, etc.) and defending the run were quite good. Don't think they were really challenged deep very much.

THey had Byrd over the top and had the wilson and scott worry about the RBs out of the backfield...i saw scott all over the swing balls when he was in.

still love that 3 safety look and dropping kelsey