PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: ESPN Power rankings are out!

psubills62
09-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Forked from: ESPN Power rankings are out! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3523021)

I'm assuming these [power rankings] will be adjusted accordingly - tomorrow when they come out, the Bills will be 30th and the Chiefs will be 20th.

Well, I was somewhat close. Bills are 27th - 6 spots behind the Chiefs, who are at 21.

As Brian Galliford said on Buffalo Rumblings, "there's skepticism, and then there's ignoring reality." I understand they don't want to fluctuate the rankings too much based on one game, but come on. It was a blow out in Kansas City. They're just being ignorantly stupid now.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/2

Dujek
09-13-2011, 11:55 AM
ESPN Power Rankings are full of ****.

The Totally Scientific Power Rankings (http://tspowerrankings.blogspot.com/2011/09/totally-scientific-power-rankings-week.html) are where it's at!

psubills62
09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
ESPN Power Rankings are full of ****.

The Totally Scientific Power Rankings (http://tspowerrankings.blogspot.com/2011/09/totally-scientific-power-rankings-week.html) are where it's at!
I know, and I said they weren't worth crap when they first came out, but people still use them. "National perception" and all that.

Don't Panic
09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Love it! You know this is making its way around OBD today... along with the fact the the Raiders are ranked #18.

Everyone on this site knows that, as of right now, we are clearly a better team than the Chiefs. That's all that counts. Considering absolutely nothing of value is gained or lost by our ranking, I figure we might as well be underrated while we still have something to prove... and we defeinitely still have something to prove.

trapezeus
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
the way the bills beat the chiefs in all 3 aspects of the game, i think the bills would win that matchup 10 out of 10 times. each team had a healthy team ready to go. there is no excuse to not be ahead of the chiefs.

i understand cautious optimism as I am in that group, but to have them behind the chiefs is idiotic.

OpIv37
09-13-2011, 01:00 PM
How are we 6 places behind the team we just whipped? How are we behind Minnesota when they only had 39 yards passing? How are we behind Miami when they gave up 517 yards passing and got a good portion of their offensive numbers in garbage time?

This is based more on moving teams up or down from where they were ranked in this power ranking before week one than on how the teams actually played on Sunday.

I've been saying all along that we can't look too much into one big game and that we still have a lot to prove, but there is some very faulty logic behind these power rankings.

Dujek
09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
How are we 6 places behind the team we just whipped? How are we behind Minnesota when they only had 39 yards passing? How are we behind Miami when they gave up 517 yards passing and got a good portion of their offensive numbers in garbage time?

This is based more on moving teams up or down from where they were ranked in this power ranking before week one than on how the teams actually played on Sunday.

I've been saying all along that we can't look too much into one big game and that we still have a lot to prove, but there is some very faulty logic behind these power rankings.

Again I point to mine, and the fact they are based on science...

Night Train
09-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Good God.

We're more worried about ESPN love than enjoying a 41-7 road win to open the season ?

Grow a pair.

TigerJ
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Brian Billick did power rankings for Fox Sports. He put the Bills at #21 - Kansas City at 32 after the first week. He said he couldn't decid if he had totally underestimated the Bills in preseason or overestimated the Chiefs, but that for the Bills to move up more they'd have to win again. Here's the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

bf1
09-13-2011, 01:43 PM
um yeah, KC might be ranked a wee bit too high.

ParanoidAndroid
09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
If they waited until after week one to actually do the ranking, they would look a lot different. Ranking before a game is played is kind of stupid.

psubills62
09-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Good God.

We're more worried about ESPN love than enjoying a 41-7 road win to open the season ?

Grow a pair.
Who said anything about being worried? For the most part, I like pointing out that power rankings, especially those from ESPN are ridiculously stupid.

better days
09-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Good God.

Grow a pair.

I wouldn't say worried. I would say PISSED.

trapezeus
09-13-2011, 02:21 PM
ESPN buys its own hype of "leader in sports".

they are nothing but a bunch of boston and NY hacks that don't actually cover sports, but sports dramas.

i hate that with all the technical knowledge they have on football, we just get fluff pieces on the game. Get me more birdseye film breakdown and explain some of the inside stuff that us fans don't know.

instead its stupid stuff like favre watch and such. I really don't watch ESPN much anymore.

Scumbag College
09-13-2011, 02:30 PM
ESPN sucks, has sucked for years, and will continue sucking for decades to come. It has the same amount of journalistic merit as TMZ or Entertainment Tonight.