• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Peter King on Fitz--didn't see this posted

I told you the Bills are dangerous.

I keep hearing reasons why a 34-point win at Kansas City is cheap. The Chiefs stink, they came out of the lockout unprepared, blah, blah, blah. Sorry. Not buying it. I don't care how bad the Chiefs looked this summer, and how awful they were Sunday. A 34-point road win in the NFL is a big deal. And watching the eminently underrated Ryan Fitzpatrick lead it, I'm convinced more than ever that Fitzpatrick has a chance -- a chance, now, not a guarantee -- to be a long-term starting quarterback in the NFL.

"Fitz is so smart,'' Chan Gailey told me. I guess he should be; he went to Harvard. "I can tell him anything once, and he executes exactly the way I want. You don't have to hammer things into him, he just gets it. And I don't know if he told you this, but he said this game was the first time he's ever finished by kneeling in the victory formation.''

What's impressive to me is how Fitzpatrick has taken a group of lightly regarded college receivers -- Stevie Johnson (seventh round, 2008), Donald Jones (undrafted, 2010), David Nelson (undrafted, 2010), Marcus Easley (fourth round, 2010), and tight end Scott Chandler, a waiver pickup from Dallas last season -- and merged them with veteran speedster Roscoe Parrish. All Fitzpatrick did in Kansas City was go 17 for 25 for 208 yards, with four touchdowns and no interceptions.

"No one out there knows how talented those receivers are, but I do,'' said Fitzpatrick. "I know they can perform on this level.'' As, we're finding out, so can Fitzpatrick.
    Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 09-13-2011, 05:37 PM.
    Internet Breeds Complacency.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Peter King on Fitz--didn't see this posted

Yeah I posted before that I think Fitz has a GOOD SHOT at being a franchise QB. I see him getting better as the year progresses, not worse.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Im one of the many who expect the Bills to get his replacement in next years draft, and I dont want to get ahead of myself after one game against the Chiefs but Fitzmagic is starting to win me over as a long term solution. Long term as in next 4-5 years but thats an eternity at the Bills QB position. He makes good decisions, is accurate enough and he sure as hell has won the locker room:

Shawne DeAndre Merriman
      HELL YEAH! QB OF THE WEEK #14 OF THE BUFFLAO BILLS Ryan Fitzpatrick

C.j. Spiller
      So now that week 1 is over... Who was the best QB according to espn? Rodgers? He had a decent game, but no. Brees? He lost yet put up great numbers...yet, no. How bout Brady? He looked like number 1...yet...good old espn finally got it right...Ryan "Magic" Fitzpatrick rated #1 QB week 1. Bills football, come get some.

Good to see these guys proud and happy for their boy
      Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 09-13-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

lol @ spiller.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

fitz sucks. nothing to see here. move along.
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead
            fitz sucks. nothing to see here. move along.
            Well, there was plenty to see last Sunday. I hope to see more of the same this Sunday when the Bills have their opening game at the Ralph.

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by G Wolly
              lol @ spiller.
              I can't wait for another Bills player to have an opportunity to tweet about a stellar Spiller performance.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I'm very interested in seeing how he performs this week. Has he truly stepped up to a different level, or will we see the 'anti-Fitz' against Oakland?
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                  I'm very interested in seeing how he performs this week. Has he truly stepped up to a different level, or will we see the 'anti-Fitz' against Oakland?
                  I expect a good performance this weekend out of Fitz. But even if he lights up the Radezzz like he did the Chiefs, I'm not jumping onto his bandwagon.

I need to see him pull in a win or three against top competition. Let him beat Brady, once though...and I'm pretty sure his bandwagons going to be filled to capacity.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Mad Max
                    I expect a good performance this weekend out of Fitz. But even if he lights up the Radezzz like he did the Chiefs, I'm not jumping onto his bandwagon.

I need to see him pull in a win or three against top competition. Let him beat Brady, once though...and I'm pretty sure his bandwagons going to be filled to capacity.
                    I've been on since the first home preseason game last year. He played halfway decent the first couple, but when he came in there, I was with my wife, and I told her he was a different QB than in '09, when he was the best we had. He actually got all of our wins, although the Jets game was credited to TE.

I admit I wasn't sure how good he could be, but I had always maintained that his intelligence was going to be what propelled him.

I am not saying that everybody should be on the wagon, I can appreciate it if somebody is skeptical. I think he is the real deal, and is going to continue improving.

I think we will be Brady. A week three win in Buffalo might end up getting the goal post torn down!

If he can pull that off, I think we are going to need to visit Mama Pecoraro and get another bandwagon, because one won't cut it.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                      I've been on since the first home preseason game last year. He played halfway decent the first couple, but when he came in there, I was with my wife, and I told her he was a different QB than in '09, when he was the best we had. He actually got all of our wins, although the Jets game was credited to TE.

I admit I wasn't sure how good he could be, but I had always maintained that his intelligence was going to be what propelled him.

I am not saying that everybody should be on the wagon, I can appreciate it if somebody is skeptical. I think he is the real deal, and is going to continue improving.

I think we will be Brady. A week three win in Buffalo might end up getting the goal post torn down!

If he can pull that off, I think we are going to need to visit Mama Pecoraro and get another bandwagon, because one won't cut it.
                      Ya you are the unquestioned owner/driver of the BillsZone Fitz bandwagon. I hope that ***er gets filled to capacity due to some big wins against the jests and the patsies.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                        Im one of the many who expect the Bills to get his replacement in next years draft, and I dont want to get ahead of myself after one game against the Chiefs but Fitzmagic is starting to win me over as a long term solution. Long term as in next 4-5 years but thats an eternity at the Bills QB position. He makes good decisions, is accurate enough and he sure as hell has won the locker room:

Good to see these guys proud and happy for their boy
                        i feel the same about fitz. i would love the bills to draft their next qb and let them learn behind fitzy. everybody wins there.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

Simple, precise, and accurate.

Lovin' the way it's working, but the Patsies loom in the near future...
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

i ****ing hate the patriots so much. i can't even stand to think about them.

Comment

• BidsJr
                              • Sep 2002

Spiller stealing my Fitzmagic is NOT cool. K tks
                              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

Working...
                              X