• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

"Merriman, Bills at risk of losing low profile" --great read

My favorite quote from Nick Barnett:

“It’s the NFL, so everyone comes to play,” Barnett said. “But at the same time, being off the radar gives us a little advantage as far as having less distractions. In Green Bay, we were constantly talked about as being one of the best teams in the league, so you’ve got to deal with that and making sure you don’t get overconfident. Here, that’s not a problem. Here, it wouldn’t matter if we won by 1,000, we’d still be ranked 27th.
    read all here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...n_bills_091411

He (Michael Silver of Yahoo!) also has us ranked 15 in the power rankings.

15. Buffalo Bills: Is it possible that anyone not named Chandler started the Bills’ tight end on his/her fantasy team last week – and how many thousands of people rushed to claim the 6-foot-7 journeyman Sunday evening?
    Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 09-14-2011, 11:22 AM.
    Internet Breeds Complacency.
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: "Merriman, Bills at risk of losing low profile" --great read

Another good (and true) one by Merriman

“We’ve been overlooked for so long,” Merriman told his teammates. “We’ve worked too hard to let that continue. The only way we’re gonna go out and change people’s opinions and get respect is to go out and take it. It’s time to put our foot down.”
    Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 09-14-2011, 11:24 AM.
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

“Also, the fans out here were unbelievable. When I got here, I thought, ‘Wow, this is a team that has no chance of going to the playoffs, and the stadium is just packed, and still rocking.’ It was just too much to turn down.”
      the fans have been a very good reason why players want to play here just like Takeo. Hope we keep this up.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• cpearl
        • Mar 2005

People say Merriman didn't play well this past week because he didn't have any sacks or pressures, but I watched the game again last night (thanks Directv Sunday Ticket) and noticed how fundamentally sound he was. Good tackling, always being around the ball, keeping contain and making the RB run to the edge rather than through the gaps, etc.

Barnett was the same. He played very well sideline to sideline. He is a HUGE upgrade over Poz.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          the fans have been a very good reason why players want to play here just like Takeo. Hope we keep this up.
          I think the Bills will remain in Buffalo because of the PASSIONATE fan base the Bills have, not just in Buffalo, but around the country. It would be very foolish of the NFL to lose so many passionate fans by moving the Bills out of Buffalo IMO.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic

“We’ve been overlooked for so long,” Merriman told his teammates. “We’ve worked too hard to let that continue. The only way we’re gonna go out and change people’s opinions and get respect is to go out and take it. It’s time to put our foot down.”

See, that's what the Bills have been missing...some serious swagger!

He knows that respect isn't given it's earned by knocking foos out.

I hope he can return to "Lights Out" form...but even if he can't recapture that glory, his presence and attitude is going to help the team.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cpearl
              People say Merriman didn't play well this past week because he didn't have any sacks or pressures, but I watched the game again last night (thanks Directv Sunday Ticket) and noticed how fundamentally sound he was. Good tackling, always being around the ball, keeping contain and making the RB run to the edge rather than through the gaps, etc.

Barnett was the same. He played very well sideline to sideline. He is a HUGE upgrade over Poz.
              People who are smarter than I am,looking at Merriman's play are saying it appeared as if Buffalo was content not to send the house against Cassel. Merriman's primary job was to set the edge and not let Charles gain a bunch of yards to his side. He was excellent at shedding blocks and standing his ground. In a different game, his focus may have more to do with getting to the QB, but that was not his role against KC.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cpearl

Scott also tacked well. The one thing that I was REALLY impressed with is how well our defenders made sure tackles and wrapped up. That is a HUGE improvement over last year.

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                  Haha, no offense, but what does Merriman know after a 8month stay?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                    Haha, no offense, but what does Merriman know after a 8month stay?
                    I think hes talking about the team. Seeing he is a CURRENT Bill I think by WE he means We as the team.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

OAF clean out message box then PM if you can

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Max
                        See, that's what the Bills have been missing...some serious swagger!

He knows that respect isn't given it's earned by knocking foos out.

I hope he can return to "Lights Out" form...but even if he can't recapture that glory, his presence and attitude is going to help the team.
                        I agree. The Bills lacked leadership and swagger. The Bills of the early 90's were loaded with it. Merriman, Johnson, and I have feeling Dareus will be once he becomes a veteran, brings attitude and a sensed of not settling for second best. I missed that 'attitude' the last few years.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          That's why "let's show our frustration by not attending games" theory always makes me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                          X